Two Brothers From Kazakstan Wanted For 300 Million Baht Fraud, Arrested By Immigration Police

Rimmer

Last week, a press conference was held at the Immigration Office located in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road after officers had apprehended two Kazakhstani men wanted back in their native country on charges of fraud relating to a housing project which was never completed, despite the two suspects, who are brothers, taking deposits from prospective house owners, totaling the equivalent of 300 Million Baht.

The two men, Mr. Kulman Ualikhanov aged 52 and his younger brother, Mr. Gaziz Ualikhanov was tracked to the Sky Beach Condominiums after entering Thailand back in September 2009. Both men suggested the allegations of fraud were not correct; however the men were later handed over to Kazakhstan Officials for further investigations.

www.pattayaone.net

Monday Jan 4 2010

I will make the comment here that I made in passing elsewhere about this story - it is richly ironic that the police can arrest Khazakstanian real estate scammers in Pattaya (who allegedly took deposits and then did not build in Khazakstan), when many many millions (billions?) of Baht have disappeared via Pattaya-based real estate scammers (who took deposits and then did not build in Pattaya and elsewhere) with no arrests locally so far!

Dun be an idoit..The Thai Police acted on Interpol tipoff or similar agency's order.

They could't care for less unless being told by higher up.

The Thai Police acted on Interpol tipoff or similar agency's order.

Er, that's a given.

Er, that's my point.

Dun be an idoit..The Thai Police acted on Interpol tipoff or similar agency's order.

I think that's what I've been, when in a purple haze recently .....an idoit (I do it).

Just don't tell my mom, thanks.

p.s. would you shear a bear with me? oh pardon me, my diszlexia is showing.

ok sorry for the soppy non-wit. I feel sorry for any who got ripped off in property scams.

I will make the comment here that I made in passing elsewhere about this story - it is richly ironic that the police can arrest Khazakstanian real estate scammers in Pattaya (who allegedly took deposits and then did not build in Khazakstan), when many many millions (billions?) of Baht have disappeared via Pattaya-based real estate scammers (who took deposits and then did not build in Pattaya and elsewhere) with no arrests locally so far!

Exactly what I thought when I read this story.

I think it was Borat doing some investigative journalism. He followed the trail of vodka bottles and ravished barmaids. :)

I think it was Borat doing some investigative journalism. He followed the trail of vodka bottles and ravished barmaids. :D

:)

• 1 month later...