90 Day Address Reporting By Mail In Bkk

Just got my 90 day address report back.

My report date was due on 26.12.09, mailed it by EMS on 23.12.09 to new Imm office in BKK, using the new address in Thai.

Today I got everything back in good order with a new sticker pasted on the return envelope.

post-3742-1262687776_thumb.jpg

opalhort

The law says that you can do 90 day reporting by mail, but not all immigration accept it (you need to check).

The requirements for mail-ins of 90 day reports are detailed on the immigration website, but have not been updated:

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ….

Note:

- Immigration is now asking for envelope with 10 baht stamp affixed

- Paperwork should now be sent to your local immigration office. Strongly suggest use EMS to mail-in the paperwork so can track delivery.

- Report must ARRIVE at local immigration office by the due report date (there is no 7 day extension for mail-ins)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the past 2-4 weeks processing time was normal, but recently 1-2 weeks is about right.

1. Did you send by EMS and checked on-line that it arrived before your due date?

By mail they have to have the report on their desk not later than the due date! If it arrives in the afternoon of due date in their mail center it may reach the office only the next day! Also always take any potential delay due to holidays into account.

2. Are you sure all your documents were correct?

If by middle of this week you still haven't got it back call the relevant office. Sorry I don't know the number but you can find it somewhere.

opalhort

I send it 10 days before the due date via ems, still got the receipt with me. Enclosed was all other documents needed as per threads instructions. I don't think i missed anything,... wait

Ok, I'm just thinking, what if the self addressed envelope wasn't included. What would happen then? I'm now not 100% sure this went out as well.

Yes they only process it on or just after the due date.

The only problem with the mail reporting is that if any document is not correct (missing signature etc.) or the envelope with 10Baht stamps is not included they do not process it and don't bother to notify you.

It is for you to follow up if you have doubts.

Wait for 1-2 weeks after the due date and then call them if you still haven't got it back.

opalhort

thanks for the link.

checked the number and its been delivered. Also saw the extra 10 bht for a stamp on the receipt so i'm assuming i did the right thing with the return envelope. can't really remember...

Anyone know what number to call in case i need to. BTW, my last day reporting was 26 Jan. It's now a week over. Will call them next week.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i lost my passport and i am awaiting new one to arrive.

my visa expires on 19th april.

when my new passport arrives do i have to go to immigration

at chaegwattana for new stamp or can i just go to airport and show them police report of lost passport and new passport.

does anyone know the procedure.i am hoping new passport arrives on time.

regards.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my retirement this morning

Question 90 day reporting‘s photocopy

I have an old passport with my visa O in it; I have a new one issue few months ago and immigration transfer a new stamp in it! (old was out date)

Photocopies I need to send for reporting?

-Just from my last O visa (old passport) until last page (filled) of my new passport?

-64 pages of my old passport + few pages of my new passport

Question register

Is EMS a normal way to send register mail in Thailand? Or a higher service as normal registers mail?

Sometime I send EMS oversees & sometime I send register mail, not the same (cost / time / service)

thk

Hi,

i lost my passport and i am awaiting new one to arrive.

my visa expires on 19th april.

when my new passport arrives do i have to go to immigration

at chaegwattana for new stamp or can i just go to airport and show them police report of lost passport and new passport.

does anyone know the procedure.i am hoping new passport arrives on time.

regards.

No way to do this elsewhere except at the Chaengwattana Office as based on my experience. Good luck!

I just got my retirement this morning

Question 90 day reporting's photocopy

I have an old passport with my visa O in it; I have a new one issue few months ago and immigration transfer a new stamp in it! (old was out date)

Photocopies I need to send for reporting?

-Just from my last O visa (old passport) until last page (filled) of my new passport?

-64 pages of my old passport + few pages of my new passport

Question register

Is EMS a normal way to send register mail in Thailand? Or a higher service as normal registers mail?

Sometime I send EMS oversees & sometime I send register mail, not the same (cost / time / service)

thk

All requirements pertaining to photocopies are already mentioned here, specially the pages that immigration needs from your passports (with Thai stamps, that is)

For me, sending thru EMS is much more secured. The cost is still reasonable and not that expensive compared with registered mail. So, yes, I am directly saying that you go EMS...Good luck!

You can also read this helpful thread...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/90-Day-Repor...ok-t353128.html

Edited by selenachua01