Getting A Facial In Chiang Mai

lannarose

Lannarose, your question is sort of like asking "where in Chiang Mai can I find someone to do my laundry" or "can anyone recommend a good place for Khao Phat Gai (Chicken Fried Rice)" You can find places offering facials all over town.

It would help to know where you're located, price range desired and any special concerns -- like acne, anti-aging, skin toning, etc. In general, most of the better hotels have spas that offer facials. Do you want the therapist to have some sort of special certification or license? Maybe you should look for a certificate on the wall. I don't know, I'm not into facials, but I see them offered everywhere.

If I wanted a facial, I'd select a place like selecting a place for a manicure/pedicure. Someplace clean, airconditioned, with appropriate equipment, nice music and staff that is dressed professionally. I'd stay away from places where the "technicians" solicit customers on the sidewalk, chew gum and dress like bargirls; places that look dirty, have a TV blaring and evidence of other non-related business activity on the premises like motorcycle repair.

Lannarose, your question is sort of like asking "where in Chiang Mai can I find someone to do my laundry" or "can anyone recommend a good place for Khao Phat Gai (Chicken Fried Rice)" You can find places offering facials all over town.

Hence I asked for a good facial with a qualified therapist ie looking for personal experiences with such, not generic replies about facials being available everywhere from one-window shoplot 'spas' to five-star hotels which anyone who's been to CM already knows. I should have added that I'm looking for a place which uses known western brands and not mercury-laden 'homemade' herbal concoctions.

You may have just upset the one person who could have given you a good answer.. That's not a productive tactic on discussion forums. Anyway, if you want Western products then you will likely end up paying close to western prices but that may not be an issue. So then you're looking at the spas in the top hotels, The Chedi, for example has a very nice spa.

I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier. We were traveling and I was away from the internet for 24 hrs.

Lannarose, I see that you're new to the Thai Visa forum & perhaps new to Chiang Mai. I'm sorry I can't give a personal recommendation about a facial, but I know many women who regularly get facials which is why I asked about your location, price range, special needs, etc. Please accept my apologies if my lack of personal experience disappointed you. If I wanted to get a facial, the first place I'd check out is the spa at the Centara Hotel. You see, I swim there regularly and have a locker, so it would be very convenient. Thus, my question about your location. I wouldn't go across town for something like a facial or a manicure/pedicure.

The one thing I gleaned from your response is that you're interested in having a facial with western products. I googled the "spa Centara Chiang Mai" and found they list their products on their website. I image many other spas that target western customers do the same. Incidentally, don't rule out Japanese products. They have some excellent beauty products and I wouldn't question the safety of their big, well-known brands.

If you want to learn more about good places for facials, dressmaking, massages, hair color, medical care, travel, food or just about anything a woman could be interested in, then I'd like to invite you to join the Ladies Luncheon group that's loosely affiliated with the CM Expats Club. The next Ladies Luncheon is on Tuesday at noon at the Grandview Hotel. They have a great lunch buffet for about 150 baht. No need to make reservations for this luncheon. Just show up at noon on Tuesday and tell the hostess you're there for the ladies luncheon. I bet you'll get at least a dozen recommendations on places to have a facial in Chiang Mai from the ladies at the luncheon.

I've been fighting myself all day to not reply "Try the spa at the Lavender Lanna" but it is stronger than me. :D

(Fortunately NancyL above seems well on her way to guide you to the best answer. :) )

Ive been fighting not to reply with a simular answer since the subject was posted... :D