Living In Phuket Vs. Pattaya

Bel Mondo

Of course this is posted in the Phuket forum and everybody there think their place is so much better. What you should understand is that Pattaya is a much bigger city than Phuket. Most tourist only see the coastal area - beach road, 2nd road and perhaps if they are really adventureous they might see 3rd road. Check a city map of Pattaya to get oriented if you are not familiar with this city, there is one pinned in the Pattaya forum. Many of those of us who live here live on "the dark side", i.e. on the east side of Sukhumvit road and rarely pass 3rd road from inland. What I'm saying is you can easily live in Pattaya and live in the "cesspit" but you can just as easily live in an area that never see more filth than any other place in Thailand. Things are not just black and white.

i agree and i live on the edge of the cesspit in jontiem

be a good name for a bar methinks

i just got back from pattaya and i was able to find 2 rai of land for just under two million, close to Jomtien in a nice natural area, surrounded by hills and farms, so i guess there are some bargains to be found around there still. i doubt you could find anything close to phuket town for one million per rai.

knowing that if you live in pattaya, you gotta live your life knowing that everyday you gonna have to explain to people you're wife or girlfriend isnt a 'pattaya worker' and that pattaya isnt only a sex tourist hole, is enough to not want to live there.

I would be so ashamed to say 'my house in is pattaya