Fitting Cctv In My House - Recommendations Or Warnings?

grahamhc

I want to fit a CCTV system at my house, 2 cameras outside and one/two inside, which can be switched off when I am at home post-34728-1263364084.gif .

Ideally, I want one with a VGA outlet, as an LCD monitor is easier to locate than the same size CRT TV.

Most have a LAN option. I suspect I would have to fit a router to connect to the Internet to remote view when on holiday.

(YES , I am considering an alarm sustem post-34728-1263364604.gif , but doubt the neighbours will take notice. I was burgled a couple of weeks ago and a neighbour spoke to the suspected burglar, who enquired if I was in as I "Was not answering my mobile" !!!. The police asked for a photo to search for the burglar)

I have been round TukCom in Pattaya and Si Racha and come across systems by

1. Fujiko

2. Telca

3. Watashi

Both "Self-Fit" and "shop fit" options. I like the ready assembled Fujiko Video/power cables, while others seem to have more bulky seperate Co-ax and power cables.

Any recommendations or pitfalls.

Thanks. I am impressed with Fukijo's product range and like their cabling style, but the DVR does not have a VGA outlet. Will check out the others today.

I have bought their incar video system - FK-FM007, which comes with a 8Gb CF card and records 7 hours road travel, which you can download to your PC and edit for trip reports. Also things like "The light WAS green when I entered the junction, Officer"

post-34728-1263368586_thumb.jpg

Maybe now I can start a new TV programme like "Highway Cops" and call it "Farangs dodging Thai Drivers"

I installed a few years ago a Sanyo CCTV security set in my house which is working perfect.

Initially in stalled 2 cameras inside and 2 IR cameras outside.

Last month a bought a second Sanyo set with again 2 inside and 2 outside cameras.

The IR outside cameras work perfect even without zero light ( can recognize faces ) and the inside dome cameras only a little bit light to work good.

Both sets are connected to the television ( line in ) and the internet for remote access.

The recorder has a hard disk for recording and doesn’t make any noise which is also a bonus.

The set I have is the Sanyo 4CH MPEG-4 Digital Video Recorder with built in Multiplexer DSR-2004 and the price was about 45000 Baht ( recorder + 2 dome camera and 2 IR outside camera with housing ) with installation.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Change-House...t-Start-t325421.

I would have spent less on CCTV had I known how effective the WASP SECURITY electric fence would prove.

A electric fence is not always possible.

I tried to install one but it was not possible because of the banana trees next to my wall.

The leaves are very wet and would create falls alarms from the electric fence and create short circuit.

Edited by merijn

Thanks. I am impressed with Fukijo's product range and like their cabling style, but the DVR does not have a VGA outlet. Will check out the others today.

I have bought their incar video system - FK-FM007, which comes with a 8Gb CF card and records 7 hours road travel, which you can download to your PC and edit for trip reports. Also things like "The light WAS green when I entered the junction, Officer"

post-34728-1263368586_thumb.jpg

Maybe now I can start a new TV programme like "Highway Cops" and call it "Farangs dodging Thai Drivers"

The LAN based cams they have dont use a DVR, they stream back to a PC and you record it on the PC's harddisk and the software supports up to 16 cams

attachment removed

The LAN based cams they have dont use a DVR, they stream back to a PC and you record it on the PC's harddisk and the software supports up to 16 cams

Sorry, I think my comment about the In-car video has clouded the issue. It was off topic about Fujiko other products.

I am looking at a DVR for recording, which I understand use the LAN to connect via a router for remote internet viewing. The VGA reason was to use a monitor on the DVR and not rely on a bulky TV or using the PC.

After todays visit to TukCom, I have whittled it down the choice to a Watahi system or the Hi-View HV-04RD (H268), which looks the best. Small and aesthetic, but most expensive (on first quote). Both are with VGA socket and even have alarm contacts. The Fujiko does not have VGA outlet, and the Telca adds it as an extra fitting. But the Telca was a very deep (front to back) unit, almost twice that of the Hi-View.

I do like the thought of an electric fence, but it is only a town house. It would be wonderful to stop the local cats jumping up my walls and leaving dirty footprints on the white paint. A big flash and no more being kept awake by catawalling as she calls the Toms round for an "assignation"

If doing a DIY install and you have the motivation to do, consider a simple trap in the form of a camera looking device that is fed via a typical looking cable. Ensure the 'camera' has a nice LED on it to make it attractive to would-be burglars. In real life the camera is a dummy box and the cable feeding it is simply a power supply for the LED and a closed loop trigger connected to either the silent alarm system or alarm sounder if you are away from the house. If a hidden camera is placed to give a view of the person caught in your booby trap that can be useful evidence either for the police or self published posters of thieving locals to post around town.

If you take one of the recorder systems that allows multiple cameras, consider placing one outside your house area looking at a likely spot where a car or motorbike might be parked. If you can go back to the day before any future attempt you might be able to see them carrying out reconnaissance.

Consider power supply issues (battery/UPS options) and locating the recorder device so that it is not easily stolen as well.

BTW - people respond to calls for help-fire! much more than simple burglar alarms.

HTH.