Wedding Cermony In Pattaya

patrikpatrik

Me and my girl friend will go to Pattaya on vaccation in march, and we would like to have a wedding cermony, preferably on a beach. It will be a very small cermony - only 4 guests. Is there any one that have any good ideas where to have such cermony and how.

Best Regards

Patrik

Patrik - are you doing the whole marriage thing here? The Thai registration and all the paperwork will have to be done in Bangkok. You can then register your marriage at the local District Office on the day you wish to get married and have a wedding ceremony on the beach with a pastor doing the ceremony.

Send me a PM and I can give you all the details and costings on what you need to do.

Patrik - are you doing the whole marriage thing here? The Thai registration and all the paperwork will have to be done in Bangkok. You can then register your marriage at the local District Office on the day you wish to get married and have a wedding ceremony on the beach with a pastor doing the ceremony.

Send me a PM and I can give you all the details and costings on what you need to do.

There is no requirement for 'all the paperwork' to be done in Bangkok.

Are you saying everyone that gets married in Thailand has to 'do the paperwork' in Bangkok??

Nonsense.

I have a Friend who got married at the Rabbit Resort. Very nice ambiance there. It is also at the beach. You can do all the Buddhist thingi stuff if you want or just shorten that part a bit.

All of us did enjoy the wedding very much, highly recomended. Just google Rabbit Resort Jomtien.

There is no requirement for 'all the paperwork' to be done in Bangkok.

Are you saying everyone that gets married in Thailand has to 'do the paperwork' in Bangkok??

Nonsense.

MrSaliva - if he is doing the registration of marriage here of course the paperwork has to be done in Bangkok - there is no embassies in Pattaya for the Affirmation of Marriage, there is no Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Pattaya where you have to get the paperwork stamped BEFORE you can go to the District Office of your choice and register you marriage.

On the other hand if he is just having a Buddhist ceremony or a marriage ceremony without registering his marriage then of course no paperwork is required, but he won't be legally married, here or anywhere else.

Please get your facts right and don't proclaim Nonsense when it is obvious you have no idea!!

Methinks Aussichick is talking about the Affirmation of Marriage papers that can only be obtained beforehand from the persons embassy.

MrSaliva is talking about registering the marriage which can of course be done here in Pattaya at Banglamung office.

Believe both posters are correct in what they are saying.

Methinks Aussichick is talking about the Affirmation of Marriage papers that can only be obtained beforehand from the persons embassy.

MrSaliva is talking about registering the marriage which can of course be done here in Pattaya at Banglamung office.

That's right Rimmer - but you can't register the marriage at the District Office anywhere without the paperwork being done first

That's right Rimmer - but you can't register the marriage at the District Office anywhere without the paperwork being done first

that is also correct an d moreover, marriages in the district office need to be endorsedby the Ministryof Foreign Affaris whereas marriages at Bangrak for whatever reason do not need that.

• 4 weeks later...

is there some new law about paperwork will have to be done in Bangkok. we were in and out in 15 mins and she got her ID card changed to my name. all in Samui

that is also correct an d moreover, marriages in the district office need to be endorsedby the Ministryof Foreign Affaris whereas marriages at Bangrak for whatever reason do not need that.

dont understand this we walked in said we want to get married, passports, affirmation to marry, ask are you legal to marry yes. print stamp stamp and out. nothing about BKK came into it at all

Nalak - where did you get your affirmation to marry? Who endorsed it? Or are you telling me you filled it out and went direct to the District Office and they accepted it without question?

I got married last week and got my freedom to marry paper done here in Pattaya at the British Consulate in Jomtien but had to go to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok to get it certified....so not ALL the paperwork has to be done in Bkk :)

Nalak - where did you get your affirmation to marry? Who endorsed it? Or are you telling me you filled it out and went direct to the District Office and they accepted it without question?

I got married last week and got my freedom to marry paper done here in Pattaya at the British Consulate in Jomtien but had to go to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok to get it certified....so not ALL the paperwork has to be done in Bkk :)

That's if you are from the U.K. - how long do it take for affirmation paper done here?

Other nationalities here who still have to have ALL paperwork done in Bangkok.

I got married last week and got my freedom to marry paper done here in Pattaya at the British Consulate in Jomtien but had to go to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok to get it certified....so not ALL the paperwork has to be done in Bkk :D

That's if you are from the U.K. - how long do it take for affirmation paper done here?

Other nationalities here who still have to have ALL paperwork done in Bangkok.

It takes about one hour and that is including the translation next door in Key Visa.....Its lucky i was from the UK then... :)