Rumours Of Killing Phone Calls Rife In Lampang

webfact

Rumours of killing phone calls rife in Lampang

By The Nation

Published on January 21, 2010

Word spread like wildfire in Lampang recently that anyone receiving calls from certain phone numbers would die instantly.

"Teachers warned their students about these numbers," Sangrawee Sriboon, deputy head of the Lahu village in Muang Pan district, said yesterday.

The numbers, all starting with (08) 33, were handed out by the teachers and matched the ones posted at a grocery store.

"A villager, who heard the rumour while working in another district, returned to warn the locals about it. This why he posted the numbers here," the grocery owner Pranom Juajan said.

Meanwhile, chairman of the tambon Hua Muang administrative organisation said Chamnan Liabloke said such rumours were spreading in several other districts as well. However, he added, there were no records of anybody dying in a mysterious manner recently.

Wimonnart Chivasakulyong, an official from Advanced Info Service, said all these numbers were pre-paid and registered with her company. She added that credit was added to two of the three numbers six months ago.

"The credit added was just Bt30 and Bt50," she said, explaining that the third number registered in November did not have any credit added recently.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-01-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people are so gullible. I wonder how many fools have turned their phones of on fear because of this.

wait till the never-ending diarreha starts..... then you'll wish you turned off your phone :)

my wife told me about it. She says blood starts flowing from all the orifices in the head.

Thais are soooooooooo superstitious.

....or maybe it's a way to spice up their lives, sort of like MSG for thought process.

Even their form of Buddhism is riddled with superstitions, but that's another topic.

See also this topic:

Call From A Mobile Number Results In Death

--

Maestro

Mrs. Lman came back from the market in Chiang Rai with the same warning. She said that if the number was is red (how can that be?) and that the type of music playing was the type that they play at funerals then DO NOT SPEAK, if you do you're dead! Well, i've heard some rubbish in my time, but this one beats them all!

Oh geez.... Keep this junk in the Thai media please. No need for such silliness here.

That silliness was running on Thai TV last night and did indeed scare the hel_l out of a lot of people including my daughters. So, why kill the messenger?

Because you don't like the news?

Meanwhile, chairman of the tambon Hua Muang administrative organisation said Chamnan Liabloke said such rumours were spreading in several other districts as well. However, he added, there were no records of anybody dying in a mysterious manner recently.

Maybe there's a clue to all this in the guys name..? :D:D:)

Maybe there's a clue to all this in the guys name..? :D:D:)

That's not true, this subject is being discussed in a separate thread and Naam reported he had received the call, answered it and died!

The Internet is buzzing with this weird rumour. So the practice of spreading what is generally called an urban legend has finally come to Thailand. A few hours ago I called the number mentioned in one of the posts and as of this moment I am still alive. Perhaps the Spanish wine I have been drinking serves as an antidote.

post-21260-1264036541_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

I'm truly disappointed with you chaps. Still no advice on how to divert these calls to my ex-wife and her mother in the UK. :)

On the positive side, normally on a morning, our phone has rang four or five times by now, so far no calls.

Any truth in the rumour that if the number comes up in yellow, that you immediately head, zombie-like to the airport? :D

However, he added, there were no records of anybody dying in a mysterious manner recently.
Note the disclaimer at the end so as not to imply all believers are retards and have them lose face.

More worrying than the spread of nonsense like this is the fact that teachers are the people who are doing it. I think we can safely rule out any future Nobel prize winners coming from Lampang.

Yep, the missus was jumping up and down here in NE Isaan this morning about 4 numbers ending in 47, 57, 67 and 77. She trying to tell me some distant cousin died yesterday after answering a call, babled about some monk in Cambodia, who BTW just happens to be using a phone on the Thai network. What rot!

Naam reported he had received the call, answered it and died!

How can you answer the call die and then report it?

Your question is proof that the body can continue to post in the absence of brain activity.

Your question is proof that the body can continue to post in the absence of brain activity.

just have to chat 5 min with thai girls to know that. XD

Someone is probably preparing the masses for the need to have their mobil phones blessed/sprinkled/marked so as to drive the evil out and bring good luck to the user. Tough economic times call for inventive/new money earners for the scammers out there. The potential is humongous.

I remember a few years back this Thai neighbour of mine told me that in a neighbouring village 15 people had been found dead in their beds overnight and the culprit was a ghost. Me, perhaps unwisely using common sense, asked why the authorities didn't come and investigate the deaths as possible mass murder.

"How can the police catch a ghost Khun mca?" asked my neighbour.

You can't beat logic like that can you?

Well actually you can. Preferably with a large blunt object.

The Internet is buzzing with this weird rumour. So the practice of spreading what is generally called an urban legend has finally come to Thailand. A few hours ago I called the number mentioned in one of the posts and as of this moment I am still alive. Perhaps the Spanish wine I have been drinking serves as an antidote.

post-21260-1264036541_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

Tempranillo...Que tengas suerte!!

Well you are the simple proof that people of good taste wil remain unaffected by all evil of this incredible evil world!

I'll drink to that!

Great reply! :D Thanks for the laughs, guys (both of you)! :)

I find it hard to believe the amount of skeptics on this forum, so

For all you disbelievers this is a transcript of an actual phone call

'Hello?'

'Hi honey.

This is Daddy.

Is Mommy near the phone?' 'No, Daddy.

She's upstairs in the bedroom with Uncle Paul.'

After a brief pause, Daddy says,

'But honey, you haven't got an Uncle Paul.'

'Oh yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with Mommy,

Right now.'

Brief Pause.

'Uh, okay then, this is what I want you to do.

Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs

And knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy

That Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway.'

'Okay, Daddy, Just a minute.'

A few minutes later

The little girl comes back to the phone.

'I did it, Daddy.'

'And what happened, honey?'

'Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no

clothes on and ran around screaming.

Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser And now she isn't moving at all!'

'Oh my Gosh!!! What about your Uncle Paul?'

'He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too. He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window

And into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water Last week to clean it.

He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead.'

Long Pause Longer Pause Even Longer Pause

Then Daddy says,

'Swimming pool? ...........

Is this 02486-5**1?

No, I think you have the wrong number.....

:)

Edited by Slaps