Remedial Massage In Chiang Mai?

itsmeagain

you can't do any better in my opinion, of khun sommitt, at airport plaza massage, first floor, in the area for local crafts, at the back, in fact if you ask anyone there they will give you a deep massage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found really great therapeutic massage on Chiang Mai-Maejo Road , which is route 1001. It is on right side of road heading from Rimping market going towards mae jo University. Go past 7-11 on left, and massage is in beauty salon, on 2nd floor. It is green and pink building right next to entrance to muban and right before wawee coffee on same side. I reported this on forum before as masseuse is best I ever had, and was teacher at Chiang Mai school of Massage many years. I go most every day and has done wonders for herniated disk problem. I asked masseuse whose name is Nok about your problem and she says she can help you as long as you do not have steel surgical pins around site of injury. Good luck and hope you feel better.

i took tomahawks advice and have gotten tremendous relief and i haven't gone for 2 weeks now (only made a total of 3 visits and all pain was gone).

but will look up that massage ninja for sure..... does she wear little black shoes and use shuriken?

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Here's some details on the place we like most, which Doppa refers to in his post.

<Khun Doppa: what stops you from giving out more details when you mention this place ?>

We respectfully disagree with Khun Doppa's assertion that any of the staff there can do massage deeply enough to be considered "remedial," or even "deep."

If you want "remedial," please do see Khun Somlit, or Khun Chai.

... previously posted at least twice on TV CM ...

At Airport Plaza, on the first floor, in the rear, in the area they call the "Northern Village," is a place for nuwat boran (traditional Thai massage) called Ban Burapha.

089-266-9272

They charge two-hundred baht per hour; your choice of foot/leg massage in a big reclining chair or they have a kind of partioned off area where you can lay down on a mattress while getting worked on.

There are two male masseurs there. My favorite is Khun Somlit : he's about fifty-three years old, amazingly strong, and just a wonderful human being. I regard him as an absolute master of deep Thai massage and if you want "deep," he'll go there.

In the last three years I must have seen Khun Somlit over thirty times (during my cancer I'm convinced he made as much a contribution to my mental and physical health as anything else).

The other male masseur, Khun Chai, is also very good.

They also have an older lady, Khun Om-Am, who gives a very ... I would call it a ... "nurturant" massage. A friend from America who was here last year spoke very highly of the very strong massage he got from a younger woman there named, I think, Khun Pen.

enjoy, ~o:37;

• 1 month later...
I found really great therapeutic massage on Chiang Mai-Maejo Road , which is route 1001. It is on right side of road heading from Rimping market going towards mae jo University. Go past 7-11 on left, and massage is in beauty salon, on 2nd floor. It is green and pink building right next to entrance to muban and right before wawee coffee on same side. I reported this on forum before as masseuse is best I ever had, and was teacher at Chiang Mai school of Massage many years. I go most every day and has done wonders for herniated disk problem. I asked masseuse whose name is Nok about your problem and she says she can help you as long as you do not have steel surgical pins around site of injury. Good luck and hope you feel better.

In dire need of some help with a back problem. Can anyone please supply a phone number? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Therapeutic massage on maejo road has new masseuse also. She does jsut as good as Nok and apparently this is because they learned at same place and worked together before at Phuket. I still go frequently and it has done wonders for pain in legs and back. Phone number is )852849118. Owners name is Marissa. Not expensive either but best to make appointment if going in afternoon.

Will be going up that way tomorrow and am a bit confused about where this place is.

Coming off the Super Highway and going past the Meechok? Plaza and heading towards Maejo University will it be on the right or left hand side of the road? Do you have to go into the mooban entrance or is it right on the main road where 7-11 and Wawee coffee are?

Going towards maejo from meechok it is on right side. It is right before Wawee Coffee. You do not have to go into muban but building is located at driveway of muban with gatehouse. it is about maybe 500 meters from gas station on 7-11 which is on left side of road. There is sign out front with thai and english letters about massage. Have to go to next u-turn but if go to maejo university you went too far.

Going towards maejo from meechok it is on right side. It is right before Wawee Coffee. You do not have to go into muban but building is located at driveway of muban with gatehouse. it is about maybe 500 meters from gas station on 7-11 which is on left side of road. There is sign out front with thai and english letters about massage. Have to go to next u-turn but if go to maejo university you went too far.

That's really clear directions, NOT......

Perhaps not so i try again. If you are driving from meechok plaza towards maejo there will be a gas station and 7-11 on left. About 500 meters or so past that, on left side of road, there is entrance to muban. It has gatehouse and roman-style statue in driveway. Directly next to this entrance is a row of 3 story buildings, with a green colored sign out front. If you keep going there is Wawee coffee shop and ornsirin muban on same side of road. This is best I can do. If directions still not clear you can call the owner and I gave phone number on previous posting.

Perhaps not so i try again. If you are driving from meechok plaza towards maejo there will be a gas station and 7-11 on left. About 500 meters or so past that, on left side of road, there is entrance to muban. It has gatehouse and roman-style statue in driveway. Directly next to this entrance is a row of 3 story buildings, with a green colored sign out front. If you keep going there is Wawee coffee shop and ornsirin muban on same side of road. This is best I can do. If directions still not clear you can call the owner and I gave phone number on previous posting.

Your directions keep changing. One time it is across the street (right side) from Wawee coffee shop. Other time you make it sound like it is on the left hand side where 7-11 and Wawee are.

Think I will just find someone closer to where I live as I called the owner and she can't explain it either.

we were getting massages when the owner told us, she had a lost client wandering around, calling her..... what a coinky-dinky.

Anyways.... tomahawks first directions were more clear.

The place is on the same side of the street as Wawee coffee shop... in fact, it is only a few hundred meters down the street (meaning towards Rimping) from Wawee. The sign outside says beauty salon and massage and it is adjacent to a mooban entrance.

If going towards MaeJo from Rimping, you have to go about 3 or 4 u-turns PAST the 7-11, take the u-turn which heads you back to Rimping and the Wawee is now on your left, as is the massage place.

Can I suggest that a better response may have been....

Thanks for the effort in giving directions but I'm not quite sure I can follow them, can you please be a little more specific, perhaps add a link to the location on Google maps or draw a map and upload it here.

Many thanks

After all, sarcasm is the lowest for of wit.

Its responses like yours that make this an unpleasant place to come.

Can I suggest that a better response may have been....

Thanks for the effort in giving directions but I'm not quite sure I can follow them, can you please be a little more specific, perhaps add a link to the location on Google maps or draw a map and upload it here.

Many thanks

After all, sarcasm is the lowest for of wit.

Its responses like yours that make this an unpleasant place to come.

Up yours, don't be telling me what I should or should not write.....

we were getting massages when the owner told us, she had a lost client wandering around, calling her..... what a coinky-dinky.

The place is on the same side of the street as Wawee coffee shop... in fact, it is only a few hundred meters down the street (meaning towards Rimping) from Wawee. The sign outside says beauty salon and massage and it is adjacent to a mooban entrance.

If going towards MaeJo from Rimping, you have to go about 3 or 4 u-turns PAST the 7-11, take the u-turn which heads you back to Rimping and the Wawee is now on your left, as is the massage place.

Zippy, how many KM's is it from Rimping approx? Is it past the entrance to Land & House Moo Ban, if so how far? I tried to find this place yesterday but gave up.

Zippy, how many KM's is it from Rimping approx? Is it past the entrance to Land & House Moo Ban, if so how far? I tried to find this place yesterday but gave up.

Couple of weeks ago I was at the Rimping. While in the area I thought I'd drive by the location to see where it was in case I ever have the need for a good masseuse. Also, couldn't find it. Why doesn't someone just post a map and pinpoint it since there are a number who can't find it with the instructions being given.

As for naboo, who are you - Miss Manners of Chiang Mai? Smart aleck remarks thrown in that don't help with the topic discussed are INAPPROPRIATE so go find a hobby and stop wasting everyone's time with you inane posts.

And for you zippydedodah, why would you call someone a "coinky-dinky" who calls the owner for directions? Don't even know what that means but sounded uncalled for, whatever it is.

This topic is just another example why the TV forum is an ongoing work in progress that you've got to take with a grain of salt. Often the information you get is outdated, inaccurate or just idiotic remarks that serve no purpose.

a " coinky-dinky" is a not uncommon slang phrase for coincidence... and if you don't know what it is... hopefully now you do. Uncalled for? well, who is playing ms manners now? No harm, no foul, i hope.....

I actually thought that the person on the phone with the shop owner was a lost falang, looking for the place, while i was standing there. I know the feeling, cuz the first time i went, we called her three times.... she is terrible at giving directions in english or thai.

i checked google maps and can't find the place as the maps are outdated for that area, i guess, and i cannot find landmarks that are mentioned in the discussion. Really trying to be helpful, as i think the OP could benefit from the massage there... maybe next time i go i will take my camera and take pictures!

I did make a mistake with last directions and I am sorry. The 7-11 is on left side of road coming from rimping and meechok plaza. Massage is on right side. I only posted this message in first place because I know how bad it is to live with pain and since this helped me I thought would be nice to pass along information to help other people with pain also. I did not mean for it to cause so much argument and controversy. I will not give any more directions as apparently I am not good at it. maybe someone else here can do better job. Only last information I will give in order to be helpful is that massage is closed every Buddha day, which means it is closed 1 day a week. maybe this will be confusing to people who are not long in Thailand but If you have Thai calendar, any day with moon next to date is holy Buddhist holiday and it is closed. Also it is best to make appointment and to go in morning as sometimes afternoons are busy. Owner speaks English reasonably well but as I am having difficulty myself giving directions, I am sure her's will be more confusing.

I would really appreciate if someone could post addressinfo of this massageplace near the Meechok. I tried several massages, but it was not worth going back for a second one. It feels as it is harder to find a good one here than in BKK.

not being sure of where Land and House Moo Ban is, myself... i would say...go from Rimping to Mae Jo University, do your U-turn there (that is only one u-turn past the "correct one)...... so now, heading back towards Rimping, on your left side, about a klick down the road, is Waree Coffee shop....the place has a LARGE sign out in front (waree).....go just a bit farther.... and there is an entrance to a mooban and the beauty salon sign/massage is right there at the turn into the mooban.

hope that helps.

wife informs me that it is past Land and House (which is on left side, heading north). We called the owner tonight, again trying for clarity, and she said, that from Rimping, go past 121 intersection and it is the 3rd U-turn past 121 intersection. When you u-turn, you will see esso gas, then wawee coffee and then it is one or two hundred meters down the road and the green sign in front of the green townhouses at the entrance to the วังบัวตอง mooban. Then mooban entrance is a wide road with the actual guard gate set about 50 meters from roadway.....

again, checking google earth and maps, the pix from the area are too old to give reliable photos.... sorry.... thats as good as it is gonna get from me.

if you have a GPS, we finally found it. Look for Mu Ban Wang Bua Tong..google map coordinates, latitude and longitude can be gotten

Edited by zippydedodah

wife informs me that it is past Land and House (which is on left side, heading north). We called the owner tonight, again trying for clarity, and she said, that from Rimping, go past 121 intersection and it is the 3rd U-turn past 121 intersection. When you u-turn, you will see esso gas, then wawee coffee and then it is one or two hundred meters down the road and the green sign in front of the green townhouses at the entrance to the วังบัวตอง mooban. Then mooban entrance is a wide road with the actual guard gate set about 50 meters from roadway.....

again, checking google earth and maps, the pix from the area are too old to give reliable photos.... sorry.... thats as good as it is gonna get from me.

if you have a GPS, we finally found it. Look for Mu Ban Wang Bua Tong..google map coordinates, latitude and longitude can be gotten

are u chitin me? this is the worst set of instructions so far. can't anyone provide where the fck this place is? up one soi down another take a fcking left then turn right, this is bullchit.

are u chitin me? this is the worst set of instructions so far. can't anyone provide where the fck this place is? up one soi down another take a fcking left then turn right, this is bullchit.

It's on the main road. Heading from Maejo find Wawee coffee and it's located on the left at the end of a row of townhouse shops. What really gives it away is a sign positioned close to the road that says 'massage'. I went there a few weeks ago and the 'maw' wasn't there. I was told 'maw mot law' but not sure from context whether it was for that day or permanently. Has anyone been within the last couple of weeks and what times is she normally there?

I was there today and told owner how much trouble people have finding the place. She said she will be getting a sign to put on second floor to help people find it. Also going to get website. There are 2 masseuse and both very good. learn massage same school. Always at least 1 on duty now but before there was only 1 so when she had day off massage was closed. Also I complain about closing for Buddha days and so now agree for shop to stay open 7 days.