Pattay Schools Running Bi-lingual Programme

M&M

Hi Pattayans,

I am looking for a local Pattaya schools, hopefully in the Huay Yai sub-district or Banglamung district that runs a Bi-Lingual programme.

I, as the foreigner & the dad, of course lost custody of my son years ago. I still support him financially, speak to him regularly on the phone & see him once a year when I am able to return to the LoS - however he is still (at 5 years of age) hardly speaking any English. In fact he was speaking more English at 2 years of age when I was able to see him regularly.

His Mum is always promising to get him into a school with more English content but somehow these promises never seem to become a reality.

Therefore I am considering taking matters into my own hands, finding him a school that I am confident will be better than his current 'Temple' school and paying them directly so I know where my money is going.

My divorce agreement states that I pay my 'ex' 10,000bt. p/month PURELY for my son's up keep. This money she gets but I have no idea where it goes & how it is spent. It certainly seems that my son gets little direct benefit from it.

I realise that I can not afford the best but I am sure there must be better options out there.

I would be VERY grateful for any ideas, opinions, advice about (relatively) decent schools in the area as I am desperate to be able to communicate with my boy. BTW, he is a happy, healthy, loving, energetic 5 year old who deserves a better shot.

Many thanks,

M&M

A mate of mine was looking around for one for his wife's son just last week and favoured Sathit school, just behind Greenways golf driving range.

There's also a website for the Thai Association of Bilingual schools that has details of all the bilingual schools in Thailand, their contacts and websites.

Thanks for that - could be a start : )

It could be out of your budget though, I think he told me it's 200,000 a year with the EP.

He mentioned BEST was cheaper but I don't know how much.

There's also REPS in Ban Chang that gets a lot of positive comments in this forum and they have a school bus.

Wuttichot is on Sukhumvit North of Pattaya.

Thanks for that - could be a start : )

It could be out of your budget though, I think he told me it's 200,000 a year with the EP.

He mentioned BEST was cheaper but I don't know how much.

There's also REPS in Ban Chang that gets a lot of positive comments in this forum and they have a school bus.

Wuttichot is on Sukhumvit North of Pattaya.

The "normal" line at Satit Udumsuksa Academy is about 70,000 baht/year. The "English Program" is a bit more but not much, perhaps 90,000/year. Not much difference between the two programs afaik, English is taught in both programs. I don't think the EP is worth the extra cost. But that's just an opinion.

Edited by Phil Conners

I pay for my daughters Bi-lingual school direct via bank transfer(divorced like you) and thereby avoiding paying to the ex as the money would "disapear" and spend on something else.

I pay app. 10K pr month for my daughters school in Phuket and would think that it is slightly cheaper here in Pattaya.

Hello,

I am a parent of 2 kids, 5 and 4. My daughter goes to REPS (a bilingual school) and my son goes to GIS (Garden International School). I am so pleased with the system of education and my children are happy and doing good so far. Really worth all the sacrifice. They have school bus and boarding as well.

You can check their websites and talk to the admission officer. Both speak good english.

www.repsrayong.com

www.gardenrayong.com

As far as I understand REPS and GIS is really the same school, just different curriculum and probably teachers. Both are considerably more expensive than Satit but the biggest problem for me is the 100 km roundtrip daily to/from the school with a Thai minibus driver. In my experience as a road user minibus drivers are the most inconsiderate and dangerous drivers on the roads, even worse than bahtbus drivers. It would worry me seriously having my kid doing 100 km roundtrip daily with one of those.

As far as I understand REPS and GIS is really the same school, just different curriculum and probably teachers. Both are considerably more expensive than Satit but the biggest problem for me is the 100 km roundtrip daily to/from the school with a Thai minibus driver. In my experience as a road user minibus drivers are the most inconsiderate and dangerous drivers on the roads, even worse than bahtbus drivers. It would worry me seriously having my kid doing 100 km roundtrip daily with one of those.

Reps and GIS are two diferent schools ( buildings ) which happen to have the same owner.They also use different teachers.GIS is international while Reps has Thai curriculum with English program.Reps is also considerable cheaper then Sathit school with the English program,last time I checked more then 10.000 Baht a term,actually the principal of Sathit worked before at Reps.

To reply to a previous post of your in this topic,the English program makes a huge difference over the normal program as they get about 40% of their classes taught in English while in the normal program they get maximum 1 hour everyday day English lessons but probably less.

Reps is in my opinion a good school,worth the annual cost and quiet a bit cheaper then comparable schools,but as you said the long trip to and from school is a negative point.

Edited by basjke

See for example Schoolbus collision kills two from today.