Bkk bank overseas

If i deposit money in an overseas branch of Bangkok Bank in to my Bkk bank account, will the transaction show that it was a deposit made outside of Thailand, and also do they exchange money at the same rate as Thai based Bangkok Banks, and if i do not want it express will it be free of charge?

A few questions, but i am sure that there are people that have done it, Thanks for any info.

I have seen people say that they have done this but I do not believe a Bangkok Bank office normally wants to receive money directly.  

In the case of the USA my mid-west bank SWIFT transfer always goes into the Bangkok Bank NY office rather than direct to Thailand, with a $5 fee collected.  It is then transferred to Thailand and converted at Thai rate.

I have seen people say that they have done this but I do not believe a Bangkok Bank office normally wants to receive money directly.  

I opened a NEW bank account from the BKK Bank (to get an account in Thailand) from their office in Los Angeles in 91!!!

In the case of the USA my mid-west bank SWIFT transfer always goes into the Bangkok Bank NY office rather than direct to Thailand, with a $5 fee collected.  It is then transferred to Thailand and converted at Thai rate.

Lop, i am in a major city, that has an overseas branch of Bangkok Bank.

I opened a NEW bank account from the BKK Bank (to get an account in Thailand) from their office in Los Angeles in 91!!!

Are they happy to accept USD deposits for transfer into that Thai account without fees?  That is what I am not clear on.

Lop, i am in a major city, that has an overseas branch of Bangkok Bank.

In that case I would pay them a visit and ask.  If you visit five offices here in Bangkok you are very likely to get five different stories so better get from the one you plan to use.

• 2 months later...

I would really doubt it will be free. I opened my account in Udon and can't use an ATM at a different branch without paying a fee of B20. A withdrawal inside a Bangkok branch costs B20 plus B10 per B10,000 or there abouts.

I would bet all US to Thailand bank transfers are handled through NY. It is the correspondence bank. I pay my international wire fee, $5 to the correspondence bank in NY, plus up to B200 at the local branch for currency receiving/exchange fee.