Travel While Under Consideration

Hi,

I have searched the forum for this topic but did not find anything.

My 1-year extension of stay based on business is expiring on March 9. Usually immigration will not extend immediately

when you apply but rather allow you to stay for another month while your application is under consideration before finally

approving it. Now, I need to travel during this consideration period and what I understand is that when I return, I will only

get the standard 30 days and therefore loose my current status of being here on a 1-year extension. Is there any way to

avoid this? Thanks for any advice.

Only extensions based on marriage to a Thai national have a 1 month under consideration waiting period. An extension based on business/working is usually given the same day.

Thanks for your quick reply, but my experience is different. This is my 5th consecutive extension and all but 1

were given after the 30-day consideration period.

To be on the safe side you should ask them if you need a re-entry permit. You likely will need one.

It's a bit of a shady area, as the "under consideration stamp" is not really a "must leave before stamp".

It has happened where the extension did not come through in 30 days and immigration didn't give a new 'under consideration stamp", making people worry they might be on overstay. Apparently never created a problem either.

Worst case it'll cost you an extra 1000 Baht for the re-entry.

Hi Mario,

I also have to wait one month to get my business visa (at Samutprakarn Immigration).

First they give me a one month visa and then at the end of that month they will then issue a visa to cover the remaining eleven months.

In the past I used to get my one year visa on the same day but for my last four extensions I have had to do the one month under consideration thing.

Regerds,

Tiger.