Who Is Married With A Ladyboy

hello,

if you live in thailande, your girlfriend could be a ladyboy.

If you stay there, it's not a problem.

But if you want to go home, to introduce your girlfriend, it's begin to be a problem for the visa.

And if you want to be married.....How could you do ?

I wait your answer

PS : sorry, i'm french (nobody is perfect) and i don't write inglish so good.

I see three separate questions in the OP.

1. Is anybody reading the post made by bartdu34 married to a “ladyboy”?

Since same-sex marriages are not allowed in Thailand I believe nobody will be able to answer this question with “yes”. Even if fully transgendered, a man’s gender cannot be changed to female on official records in Thailand.

2. What visa does the bartdu34’s “ladyboy” friend need to visit him in France?

Countries in the Schengen area do not have a special visa for “ladyboys”. Therefore, he will need a visa just like any other person, depending on the purpose of his trip. In this case it would be a tourist visa.

3. Where in the world are same-sex marriages between two men allowed?

I do not know the answer to this question. Some countries, in the USA some states, allow the registration of what is called a “civil partnership” – or something like that – of a couple of the same sex, but this does not count as marriage for the purpose of obtaining a visa for travel to another country.

I use "ladyboy" in quotation marks because this term is being used to mean different things. Unless bartdu34 specifies otherwise, I think we should assume that his friend is a man who had himself fully transgendered to a woman and base our replies on this.

--

Maestro

Belgium and Holland authorize you to marry somebody of the same gender as you.

So your case is pretty simple, change nationality.

And if you're French and he/she is Thai, and none of you want/can change nationality, just enjoy the ride :)

Edited by Farangrakthai

Hello,My girl friend is a man on her passport, but is a real woman now.

I'm french.

We can't be maried in France (2 men can't be married).

How can she change nationality, why french government will accept ?

And after, it's not possible for us to stay in Thailand.

If we go in belgium to be married (it's possible), thaî government don't accept us like wife and husband, and nothing change for us in Thaïlande.

Is someone know if there is a place in this f..... world where she can change her ID male to female ?

Or do we have to live like this all our life ?!!!! :)

Sorry, i'm french and don't write english as well as i would like

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, a recent article in a British newspaper said that in the UK a fully transgendered man can have his gender changed to female on official documents, for example also get a passport as a female. I guess in such case this woman can then marry a man without any restriction, just like any other woman. There appears to be no EU regulation on this, and anyway it would not help bartdu34’s friend because he is not British, I assume (bartdu34 did not mention his friend’s nationality)

--

Maestro

...How can she change nationality, why french government will accept ?

And after, it's not possible for us to stay in Thailand...

First, you said your friend had a problem getting a visa for France, to be introduced to your family, and it was explained to you that she has the same opportunity to apply for a visa as any other Thai national. Problem solved.

Now you have another question: “how can she change nationality”?

Every country has its own laws and regulations about changing nationality, ie about becoming a naturalised citizen of the country. Your friend has the same opportunity to apply for naturalisation as any other Thai national. Usually, it requires a number of years of residence in the country, plus of course some other requirements.

I don’t see why it should not be possible for the two of you stay in Thailand after your friend changes her nationality. You will have the same opportunity to apply for a visa to travel to Thailand and to stay in Thailand as you have now. Your friend will have the same opportunity as you and as every other non-Thai national.

bartdu34, I really don’t see what your problem or your friend’s problem is. You seem to think that your friend should get special treatment because she is a ladyboy; it is wrong to expect that. You seem to think that your friend is discriminated because she is a ladyboy; this is not so. She has the same rights as any other person.

--

Maestro

May I suggest you speak to the Visa section of your Embassy. You will find there are many countries that allow Long Term Partners, regardless of sexual orientation to get a visa. Each country has its own rules. I know that Australia, you need to prove its a real relationship for more than a year.

The same sex marriage can only be performed in a very limit number of countries. You don't have to be a citizen of that country to be able to marry in those countries, at least not for the Netherlands. However, the marriage is not being recognized by most countries. Thailand being one of them.

France doesn't allow same sex marriages, but I understand they do allow a civil union or registered partnership, which is more or less similar to a marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage

Thailand doesn't allow same sex marriages. You can have a traditional, common, marriage in Thailand, but that is not considered a legal marriage. You cannot register it at the amphur.

Another point is that some countries allow a person who had a sex change to also officially change the sex from man to woman. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aspects_of_transsexualism

Thai law does not allow this, so she cannot change her gender.

http://www.thailawforum.com/Transsexuals-and-Thai-Law.html

I know you will be able to get married in Canada. Lots of Americans come up north to get married.

In that case you will be legally married. Will it be recognised in Thailand or France? I dont know.

But it may make a visa to for her to France easier, especially if it shows that you are really married and have been married for awhile.

Come to quebec, its like France, you'll feel at home there.

I know you will be able to get married in Canada. Lots of Americans come up north to get married.

In that case you will be legally married. Will it be recognised in Thailand or France? I dont know.

But it may make a visa to for her to France easier, especially if it shows that you are really married and have been married for awhile.

Come to quebec, its like France, you'll feel at home there.

These are very good suggestions, and shows a flexible mind.

You could also try to get her to France as a student or help her immigrate there without being married.

bartdu34, check the PACS.

It is said to give homosexual couples almost the same rights as married couples.

check www.legifrance.com and www.justice.gouv.fr

and the following text, probably helpful:

Lorsque vous désirez faire enregistrer un PACS, je vous invite pour éviter le maximum de déconvenues à prendre l'information à la source, c'est à dire tout d'abord le code civil dans ses articles 515-1 et suivants qui traite du PACS issu de la loi 99-944 du 15 novembre 1999 modifiée par la loi 2006-728 du 23 juin 2006.

tant le code civil que les lois peuvent être consultés sur le site public www.legifrance.com c'est très facile d'accès.

Il existe également une circulaire C07 201 05C du 5 février 2007 du ministère de la justice qui est riche de renseignements ; malheureusement, elle ne semble pas encore publiée sur le site www.justice.gouv.fr mais elle le sera vraisemblablement d'ici peu : consulter la rubrique "actualité du ministère", puis "textes et réformes", puis "bulletin officiel" : elle sera très certainement insérée dans le bulletin trimestriel à paraître qui portera le numéro 105 (chercher dans la partie direction des services judiciaires (D.S.J.).

Je me propose cependant de vous donner ici quelques éléments se rapportant à un sujet qui fait l'objet de questions récurrentes et souvent fantasmées :

le PACS avec un étranger.

Tout d'abord il faut se rappeler que le pacte civil de solidarité est un contrat de vie commune et, rien n'interdit de conclure ce contrat :

- en France entre deux français, un français et un étranger et même entre deux étrangers, la loi impose une communauté de vie, soit un domicile ou une résidence en France,

- à l'étranger (auprès des autorités consulaires françaises), mais il y aura là nécessité que l'un des partenaires au moins soit français.

Il n'est jamais demandé à l'étranger qui souhaite faire enregistrer un PACS de justifier qu'il est ou non en situation régulière sur le territoire français et, lorsque pour enregistrer un PACS l’étranger produit au greffe sa carte de séjour (ou son passeport national), c'est uniquement pour s'assurer de son identité et de la concordance entre l'identité de la carte et la personne qui se présente et, si on conserve au greffe copie du document d’identité ce n’est certes pas pour l’adresser à la préfecture pour je ne sais quelle opération de dénonciation, mais seulement comme trace du justificatif produit.

Je rappelle pour ceux qui ne le savent pas que les renseignements fournis par chaque partenaire au moment de l’enregistrement de leur convention, et qui font effectivement l’objet d’une saisie informatique dans un applicatif du ministère de la justice qui n’est pas externalisé, ne peuvent être communiqués qu’aux partenaires eux-mêmes, à l’autorité judiciaire, aux notaires pour les besoins des actes qu’il sont appelés à passer, à l’administration fiscale, au représentant d’un créancier qui voudrait exécuter contre un partenaire une dette solidaire. Il est absolument exclu de communiquer ces renseignements à qui que cela soit d’autre.

Je rappelle aussi que l’existence d’un PACS ne donne pas ipso facto droit pour un ressortissant étranger à se faire délivrer une carte de séjour en France et, je ne peux qu’inviter la personne étrangère à se renseigner précisément auprès des guichets de la préfecture pour qu’un examen particulier soit fait de sa situation au regard de son droit à séjourner ou non en France.

L’étranger qui souhaite enregistrer un PACS a entendu, comme d’un sésame, parler de la nécessité de produire un CERTIFICAT DE COUTUME. Il ne s’agit pas d’une sujétion extraordinaire, sorte d’épreuve initiatique, et qui serait plutôt dissuasive, mais d’obtenir des éléments relatifs à l’état de la personne qui, pour un ressortissant français sont fournis par l’acte de naissance de l’intéressé.

Pour parler simple, il s’agit pour le ressortissant étranger d’amener les éléments de “coutume” de son pays le concernant et relativement à l’âge de l’arrivée à majorité, l’absence d’une union précédente non dissoute et à l’affirmation de sa pleine capacité juridique. Il faut bien comprendre que chaque pays est libre en droit interne de fixer quelles règles affectent les rapports entre ses nationaux et quelles incidences ces règles ont sur telle ou telle personne et, c’est de cela que l’étranger doit rendre compte à l’autorité qui enregistre un PACS afin que de connaître s’il n’existe pas d’empêchement (juridique) à cet enregistrement.

Donc, ce fameux certificat de coutume devra obligatoirement amener les éléments de preuve suivants :

- a) il n’existe pas d’union précédente (mariage ou contrat de vie commune) qui ne serait pas dissoute,

- :) la personne dispose dans son pays de sa pleine capacité juridique parce qu’elle a dépassé l’âge d’arrivée à majorité dans son pays qui est de xx années et qu’elle ne se trouve pas placée dans son pays sous un régime de protection équivalent en France à un régime de tutelle.

(je rappelle que ces éléments de preuve sont apportés pour un français par la simple production de son acte de naissance)

Et c’est tout ! Rien de plus n’est demandé dans ce certificat de coutume et, si le ressortissant étranger explique bien à son autorité nationale ce dont il a besoin de justifier, plus rares seront les difficultés ; d’autant que certains états faisant payer (et parfois fort cher) la délivrance des certificats de coutume, mieux vaut éviter les multiples démarches auprès des autorités consulaires ou diplomatiques.

Il existe cependant quelques situations difficiles, deux illustrations :

- Si certains états ne reconnaissant aucun effet dans leur droit interne à un contrat de pacte civil de solidarité et, de ce fait refusent d’établir un certificat de coutume en vue de faire enregistrer un PACS, rares sont les états qui refusent de délivrer, à défaut, un certificat de coutume en vue du mariage. Ce certificat pourra être accepté pour enregistrer le PACS pourvu d’une part, pour les états qui reconnaissent le mariage polygame que soit affirmé que l’intéressé n’est pas déjà marié et d’autre part, qu’il dispose dans son pays de la pleine capacité juridique (cf point -b ci-dessus)

- Si certains pays refusent d’affirmer la pleine capacité juridique de leur ressortissant, il sera demandé qu’il produise un acte par lequel il aura fait à son autorité nationale une déclaration de sa propre et pleine capacité juridique et ce n’est que s’il justifie du refus de son autorité nationale de recevoir cette déclaration qu’il pourra lui même, sur papier libre, faire cette déclaration de pleine capacité juridique qu’il remettra au greffier qui enregistre.

Même si cela paraît un peu compliqué, il faut garder à l'esprit l'importance de l'engagement des partenaires, tant réciproquement qu'à l'égard des tiers (créanciers par exemple) et, c'est au regard du principe de la nécessaire sécurité des contrats passés qu'il faut envisager l'exigence d'avoir à justifier de sa capacité juridique.

Je pense avoir enregistré jusqu’ici plus de 1500 PACS et, j’ai vu passer des usagers de nationalités très diverses souhaitant faire enregistrer un PACS, il leur a fallu parfois être patient (quelques cas dépassant l’année) pour obtenir les justifications juridiques mais jusqu’à présent je n’ai en souvenir que deux situations qui soient restées insolubles.

En fait je n’ai qu’un maître mot à vous proposer : COMPRENDRE.

N’hésitez jamais à demander des explications lorsque vous n’avez pas compris ce que l’on vous demandait et pourquoi on vous demande telle ou telle justification particulière, évitez de vous faire des idées préconçues, et ne pensez surtout pas que le fonctionnaire qui vous reçoit soit le moins du monde xénophobe ou homophobe parce qu’il vous demanderait un document qu’il estimerait manquant ; il est formé à recevoir le public, à renseigner sur un texte qu’il a étudié et, vous obtiendrez d’autant plus d’empathie de votre interlocuteur que vous saurez rester courtois et mesuré dans vos propos.

Enfin, même si vous attachez une légitime importance à la démarche que vous entreprenez, il faut que vous sachiez que nous ne célébrons pas de mariage, mais enregistrons un contrat et quoique la formalité puisse paraître à certains expéditives, elle le paraîtra d’autant plus que certains gros tribunaux d’instance enregistrent plusieurs milliers de pactes civils de solidarité par an et que le temps est incompressible.

Source: forum.doctissimo.fr/viepratique/pacs-union-libre/comprendre-avec-etranger-sujet_280_1.htm

I think what the OP is whinging about is simply for thailand.... since he can't marry a ladyboy he can't get a visa based on marriage in thailand. Unfortunately even if you find a place that can marry you - this will not be recognized in your respective home countries.

It looks very doable with France.

The Consulate of France in Thailand can register the PACS, and then the partner will receive a residency permit for France.

You may have to wait up to one year to get it, but it looks very possible.

Bartdu34: Contacte les Services Consulaires Francais (Service de l'Etat Civil) à Bangkok et demande leur conseil pour un PACS.

The forum rules state that English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

However, bearing in mind the OP's difficulties with English I think a one off exception can be made to allow the use of French in manarak's posts above. Although PMing the OP with the information may have been the better option.

If any one has any objections to this, please PM me rather than post here.

Hello, i talk with a french lawer.

I'm french and she (he) is thai.

I can have a pacs in France or i can do it at French ambassad in Bangkok ( only if one of the couple is a french citizen at the ambassad, for everybody in France even your are not french).

After, it's easier for her to stay 5 month in France with me (long term visa) but it's not sure for a working visa (works with me in my shop).

Pacs means nothing for thaï government.

It means that i will have same problem to stay in Thailande long time and same to have a working visa.

To help me in this way, we need to be married.

To be maried, first, she ask to be a french citizen after 5 years (minimum, because french government wants to be sure she speak french,know french rules, law, way of live...)

After, she ask to be a women (it's not a problem in France)

And After, we have to close the pacs, and we can be married !!!!

Long way.... but it's possible.