Where Can I Buy Pepper Spray For Self Defence In Phuket

sid1967

Yes that is probably the best place to buy. That is also where the tourist police volunteers is buying their stuff.

Any more recommendations for sources of non-expired, fresh, good quality, reasonable priced OC, pepperspray in Phuket apart from Hunters and Big C?

I was attacked myself while riding a bicycle in Nai Harn, Rawai and I also feel uncomfortable now every time a slow moving motorbike drives behind me.

Attacks are very common in this area, another recent one:

Opposite the old main police station in Phuket Town, there is a shop that supplies police officers items they have to purchase themselves.

You can buy pepper spray and tasers there

Yes that is probably the best place to buy. That is also where the tourist police volunteers is buying their stuff.

Any more recommendations for sources of non-expired, fresh, good quality, reasonable priced OC, pepperspray in Phuket apart from Hunters and Big C?

I was attacked myself while riding a bicycle in Nai Harn, Rawai and I also feel uncomfortable now every time a slow moving motorbike drives behind me.

Attacks are very common in this area, another recent one:

Opposite the old main police station in Phuket Town, there is a shop that supplies police officers items they have to purchase themselves.

That one and there is another shop near Dowroong (sp?) school, in fact very close to Phuket International Law Office. They sell all sorts of stuff and lady owner speaks perfect English. Few days ago I got tasers, highway patrol volunteer jackets and walkie talkies.

• 2 weeks later...

That one and there is another shop near Dowroong (sp?) school, in fact very close to Phuket International Law Office. They sell all sorts of stuff and lady owner speaks perfect English. Few days ago I got tasers, highway patrol volunteer jackets and walkie talkies.

I found a shop(yellow front) after Dowroong school, and the woman that work there did not speak a word of english. They did not have any taser, and just small knifes. I guess this is not the same store.. They had cop lights, walkies talkies, small knifes and some batongs.

Where is the old main police station in Phuket Town? Any landmarks, hotels or something nearby that I can use to find it on google map?

Where is the old main police station in Phuket Town? Any landmarks, hotels or something nearby that I can use to find it on google map?

Drive through the lights at Central Festival heading into Phuket town.

The second set of traffic lights after that is a Y junction take the left branch.

Proceed along that road to the second set of lights and turn left, there is a government office complex in the left corner.

Proceed along that road for approx 200/300 meters turn right into Chumphon road.

Drive down to police station on left, do U turn and come back to single story shops on left.

You are there.

You do realize tazers and pepper spray etc are not legal for personal use / carry ??

Or are you just thinking well if I need it then sod the legal problems it may bring ??

It is not personal use, im going to use it at Thai criminals, lol. kidding.

Maybe that is why she said she did not have it, since there where 3 cops in the store when I was there...

Drive through the lights at Central Festival heading into Phuket town.

The second set of traffic lights after that is a Y junction take the left branch.

Proceed along that road to the second set of lights and turn left, there is a government office complex in the left corner.

Proceed along that road for approx 200/300 meters turn right into Chumphon road.

Drive down to police station on left, do U turn and come back to single story shops on left.

You are there.

Thanks

You do realize tazers and pepper spray etc are not legal for personal use / carry ??

Or are you just thinking well if I need it then sod the legal problems it may bring ??

I have heard this too but still find it strange that you can buy these things in Jungcyclon. Do you have a source for this law?

The saying back home is, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." I think I said that 8 months ago in this thread. :whistling:

A burmese ran off with 100k from the salary table, she calmly shoots him in the leg on 20 meters distance with only one bullet( I dont shoot as good as she does so I usually aim higher and would usually fire 5 initially). She called police, I brought the thief to hospital in my pickup, she continued payday, Immigration deported him.

So for around £2000 (100k) you would potential kill some one you sound like Bonnie and Clyde.

I have heard this too but still find it strange that you can buy these things in Jungcyclon. Do you have a source for this law

What like xanex ?? :whistling:

I am 99% sure this came up in one of the volunteer police discussions, in that the pepper spray was illegal, yet they routinely carried it.. If thats factual or not I cant say, only that its been repeated enough times it seemed to have some basis.

What like xanex ?? :whistling:

I am 99% sure this came up in one of the volunteer police discussions, in that the pepper spray was illegal, yet they routinely carried it.. If thats factual or not I cant say, only that its been repeated enough times it seemed to have some basis.

The rules may have changed.

4 years ago one of the compulsory items for VTP was a pepper spray

A burmese ran off with 100k from the salary table, she calmly shoots him in the leg on 20 meters distance with only one bullet( I dont shoot as good as she does so I usually aim higher and would usually fire 5 initially). She called police, I brought the thief to hospital in my pickup, she continued payday, Immigration deported him.

So for around £2000 (100k) you would potential kill some one you sound like Bonnie and Clyde.

Not Bonnie and Clyde maybeyou mean AnnieOakly... to shoot a running skinny wee burmese in the leg from 20 meters with a pistol...yeh right!! Olympic shooting champion isshe :whistling: ??

[quote name='LivinLOS' timestamp='1287624167' post='3969043']

]

Stop laughing all you readers...this hasto be the first post from los of his hundredsof thousandsof posts that really is representative of the guy :wub::giggle: lol.Thisis hiswork,not a cut and paste job asis usual. Funny tho,all thesame,but if someone keepsrepeating to me that thesky is orange,then by thesame reasoning the sky isindeed orange...today isgrey but a fewdaysago it was real blue....in an orange sorta way :D

Edited by fatcatkamala

Enough others on here have repeated it so often, including tourist volunteer police, who you would assume have some small authority.. That I understand that to be the law.

If that means in your own home, or out on the street, or what.. I cant remember if they specified.

As ever, finding out the actual detail of many Thai laws, being poorly enforced and adhered to, is not always easy. Its not unusual to have the police make incorrect public statements about laws (one I remember was a police statement that all 3 wheel vehicles are illegal.. Incorrect but thats 'from the horses mouth').