Court Injunction On Pojaman's Ratchadapisek Plot

webfact

Score and Rix make very good points.

The logic for this 'forgiveness of Thakisn crimes and misdemeanors'

is so faulty it defies any rational society taking it on.

Every miscreant who does illegal acts takes the same risk / judgment assessment

that the profit or fulfilled desire, is much greater gained, than the possible punishment,

or that their 'power' or 'prestige' is enough to get them a pass for it.

The greater the self perceived prestige the higher the risk assessment value.

Conversely those that THINK they can get away with the most,

are the same with the most to lose if they can't.

The difference is some KNOW WHEN TO STOP... others think they are invulnerable,

or impervious to the normal punishments of the average person..

When those types fall, they fall mighty hard and often take others with them.

Edited by animatic

• 7 months later...

and now it's all settled; she's rightfully lost the land:

Pojaman's Ratchadapisek land deal nullified

The Civil Court on Friday ruled to nullify the Ratchadapisek land deal between Khunying Pojaman na Pombejra and the Financial Institutions Development Fund, ending the legal wrangling which led to the graft conviction of her ex-husband Thaksin Shinawatra in 2008.

Under the ruling, the prime property, comprising four title deeds for 33-rai plot, is to be returned to the FIDF which will in turn reimburse Pojaman for Bt800 million computed from the Bt772 land price plus interest accrued.

After he came to power, Thaksin endorsed his wife Pojaman to bid and won the land deal which the FIDF put on the market in 2003. The deal attracted criticism since Thaksin was at the heights of his power.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-24

thumbsdown.jpg

Thaksin's Ex-wife Ordered to Return Ratchadapisek Land

The Civil Court has ordered the divorced wife of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to return land plots on Ratchadapisek Road to the Financial Institutions Development Fund and the fund to return the money to her in response to the Supreme Court's ruling that the land deal was unlawful.

The Civil Court invalidated the deal between the Financial Institutions Development Fund, or FIDF, and Khunying Pojaman Na Pombejra, ex-wife of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, on her purchase of four land plots with total size of 33 rai on Ratchadapisek Road for 772 million baht.

The court nullified Pojaman's acquisition of the title deeds and ordered her to return the land plots to the FIDF while the FIDF must refund her 772 million baht plus 7.5 percent in interest, retroactively calculated from November 25, 2009.

The court reasoned the purchase violated Article 50 of the Civil Code against any contract between a state agency and a political post holder or spouse The transaction was carried out in 2003 while Thaksin was still in office.

Today's ruling is tied to an earlier two-year imprisonment sentence against Thaksin handed down by Supreme Court's division of cases against political post holders for his violation of the anti-corruption law by allowing his then wife Pojaman to win a contract with a state-run organization.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-09-24

footer_n.gif

Now that the issue of the Ratchadapisek land has been resolved and she's lost it, there's this not-so-little matter that needs to be addressed now:

potjaman.jpg

July 31, 2008

The Criminal Court found Pojaman Shinawatra guilty of intentionally avoiding a tax payment of 546 Million Baht.

Also found guilty Pojaman's brother Bannaphot Damapong and her personal secretary, Kanchana Honghern.

The court sentenced Pojaman and Bannaphot each to 3 years in jail and Kanchana to 2 years in jail.

• Like 1

^ 7.5% interest??? Lucky she didn't put the money in a bank ... at what? 0.75%

Ridiculous this interest payment.

She and her ex illegally bought the property, they should not be allowed to

profit handsomely because their illegal action meant their funds were tied up

due to litigation THEY CAUSED.

7.5% = 57,900,000 or US$1,879,870.17=

For her illegal actions she MAKES nearly $2 million.

as the french say: 'Unsupportable'!

Lets hope she gets to enjoy knowing about if during her 3 years in jail,

for intentional tax dodging, without being able to touch a centime of it.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

Don't understand the 'same old chestnuts' comment.

It's going back a bit now and involves parties who are no longer with us, but the "same old chestnuts" comment was directed at right honourable Mr CLOD, who was doing the defend defend defend, get cornered with no defence left, switch to attack dance, that we see so much of here. Hence, old chestnut.

Now that the issue of the Ratchadapisek land has been resolved and she's lost it, there's this not-so-little matter that needs to be addressed now:

potjaman.jpg

July 31, 2008

The Criminal Court found Pojaman Shinawatra guilty of intentionally avoiding a tax payment of 546 Million Baht.

Also found guilty Pojaman's brother Bannaphot Damapong and her personal secretary, Kanchana Honghern.

The court sentenced Pojaman and Bannaphot each to 3 years in jail and Kanchana to 2 years in jail.

Buchholz, I am glad that you brought this up.....finally.

What we are looking at here is the face of a criminal, nothing more nothing less. Her ex husband and partner in crime, Thaksin Shinawatra, freely wanders the planet, stirring up political trouble in the country in which he too is supposed to be serving time in prison for crimes committed against the state.

There is nothing unfair about this, both were sentenced and both fled, the divorce of convenience followed and the rest is history. Whether justice will prevail is as certain as the next snowfall in Chiang Mai. :jap:

potjaman.jpg

July 31, 2008

Buchholz, I am glad that you brought this up.....finally.

What we are looking at here is the face of a criminal, nothing more nothing less. Her ex husband and partner in crime, Thaksin Shinawatra, freely wanders the planet, stirring up political trouble in the country in which he too is supposed to be serving time in prison for crimes committed against the state.

There is nothing unfair about this, both were sentenced and both fled, the divorce of convenience followed and the rest is history. Whether justice will prevail is as certain as the next snowfall in Chiang Mai. :jap:

Just to clarify, Potjaman, unlike Thaksin, did return to answer her arrest warrant and was released on bail. Also unlike Thaksin, she appealed her conviction in November 2008 and she has since been in and out of the country while awaiting the decision on her appeal.

For example, despite saying she was through with Thaksin, she went to Brunei last month to visit with him. She was also out of the country, some would say expectantly, to go to Hong Kong when the violence of the Reds occurred in May Mayhem 2010.

She also went to Hong Kong to avoid being in Thailand during violence of the Reds that occurred with Black Songkran 2009. She has recently appeared in public in Thailand during the financial investigations of Red Shirt contributors.

Unsure of the actual date that her conviction appeal will be decided, but did encounter a recent article that describes that decision as coming "soon."

Thaksin's ex-wife Pojaman, and her brother and secretary, will soon hear the verdict from the Appeals Court

The Nation - September 14, 2010

Don't cry for me Rachisima by Madonawatra

It won't be easy, you'll think I'm stranger

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done

You won't believe me

All you will see is a PM you once knew

Although I'm dressed up to the nines

All '60's and 70's to you

I had to let it happen, I had to rearrange

Couldn't stay so belly up to the trough

Looking out of penthouse, staying out of the light

So I chose freedom

Taking a runner, escaping anew

But some thing depressed me ; my fall

I never expected it true.

Don't cry for me Rachisima

The truth I never told you

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

And as for fortune, and as for face

They have been stolen

Though it's known to the world they were all I desired

They were just illusions

I've no solutions I'd promised to thee

The answer I've hidden is crime

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Ratchisima

The truth would only bore you

I took large percentage

Stifled resistance

I want my money

So drop your sentence

Have I said too much?

There's no truths more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

Don't cry for me Rachisima

Sir, you've got talent. Nice one. And to believe I actually hummed the tune while reading it.

• Like 1