Pakistan Man Nabbed At Airport With 1kg Heroin In Stomach

webfact

Customs have a medical x-ray machine at the airport that they can use to x-ray suspects stomachs, this has nothing to do with the new bomb scanners. After that a laxative will do the rest. I don't think they care if it takes 15 minutes or 15 hours to get it out. I doubt they'd be concerned about delaying the man's travels.

Swallowing packets of contra band is a common way of smuggling, why wouldn't they have an x-ray machine?

Are you sure they aren't the new 'bum scanners"? :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WIKI has this to say, "The whole digestive system is around 9 meters long. In a healthy human adult this process can take between 24 and 72 hours."

They saw that package in his stomach and just asked him to go to the toilet?

Vomiting could have been a better option.

Do they know the difference between the stomach and the intestines?

I agree with you, plus I think they must have used a conventional x-ray machine as I dont believe these new T-light scanners do that.

Was he arriving or departing? It's slightly unclear.

If he former, the phrase 'coals to Newcastle" springs to mind.

It’s very clear to understand that this guy came from Pakistan. His brown sugar won’t kill anybody, but they'll hopefully kill him. Pakistan and Afghanistan are the biggest producer of heroin in the world.

I’ve read an article that some Africans could train their stomach to hold 800 grams inside, but a kilo? Now it's time to say Goodbye............................

We should never forget how much of that stuff is going through.

Who cares!!!

Err......THOSE OF US WHO LIVE HERE, SEE THE MURDEROUS consequences on our townsfolk, neighbours and, in some poor sods cases, family.

I care about the future of this, my adopted country.....and the land of my children.

Brewsta.

Yes, the use of CAPS was intentional

Heroin, taken in small amounts recreationally, is not as dangerous as drinking alcoholic drinks, and not as addictive as nicotine or coffee.

If the tide of human cultural development had been tweaked a slightly different way, heroin might be served (and abused) in social situations worldwide (as alcohol is), and alcohol might be designated as the satanic evil that nearly everyone perceives heroin to be.

Vested interests have no small part to play in societies' perceptions. Also, those drugs which can be controlled, such as beer and wine and hard liquor, are tolerated, whereas drugs which can be readily produced and marketed by the little guys (heroin, opium, ganga) are made to look like the devil incarnate.

Quick: how often do you hear of traffic accidents and deaths being caused by heroin?

Same question re; domestic violence.

Also: how many billions of lost hours of productivity can be attributed to heroin and alcohol respectively?

Plus: How much has alcohol use increased insurance rates for all of us, compared to heroin use?

Edited by brahmburgers

He's just a mule and maybe even forced into doing it.

And you know this because... ??

Maybe you have some experience?

Sadly many probably dont get caught, so lets give this new machine some credit here. If those will stop or slow down this traffic, then some really good things come out of it.

Yes it is a good thing and hopefully a deterrent to others, call me a cynic but I think the guy was probably 'set up' and the real large quantity was on another 'mule' using the diversion caused by the arrest to get through customs.

Perhaps the subheading for the thread should be the Taliban Spreads Its Message.

It is no big secret that the heroin comes from Afghanistan and that the profits are used to pay for the ongoing acts of terror.

I doubt this mule was sacrificed, because the cargo is alot of money for some vendors. He was caught because the international agencies were doing their job. Sometimes things do work as they should. The end result is that some junkie's life may have been prolonged or someone saved from becoming an addict. Not a bad result.

We can only conclude that this is a very rare occurrence in Thailand. If the authorities in Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid or in Santa Domingo would have to report these things, the entire local "Thai visa" site would have been filled with messages like this. In Europe, the US or Latin you will not find one but 30 people in a plane having this rubbish in their stomach.

The bottom line is that it seldom happens.

And you know this because... ??

Maybe you have some experience?

Sadly many probably dont get caught, so lets give this new machine some credit here. If those will stop or slow down this traffic, then some really good things come out of it.

Yes it is a good thing and hopefully a deterrent to others, call me a cynic but I think the guy was probably 'set up' and the real large quantity was on another 'mule' using the diversion caused by the arrest to get through customs.

You both have a point, the big guys seldom get caught, only the people who are in terrible positions are caught. By screwing one or two mules, ten get through.

WIKI has this to say, "The whole digestive system is around 9 meters long. In a healthy human adult this process can take between 24 and 72 hours."

I agree with you, plus I think they must have used a conventional x-ray machine as I dont believe these new T-light scanners do that.

So how are you going to get him to vomit? In particular how are you going to get him to vomit without dying from the packages lodging solid in his throat? You may be able to squeeze a bolied egg sized object (slighty smaller actually) down your throat but once inside your stomach you aint ever going to 'squeeze' it back out, vomiting or not.Once the packages are swallowed there are only two ways they can come out, through his ass or via an operation to cut open his stomach which has been done on many occasions, in particular when Doctors consider that a package may burst inside the 'mule' due to the length of time the packages may have spent in there, or when the drug Lords at the other end don't want to wait 24 hours for their stash. All in all it's a very very risky way to smuggle drugs.

"required him to pass through an X-ray scanner"

the new scanning machine, installed just only on Tuesday, is only on departures and it's not an x-ray but microwave. It does not detect internal objects, but only those outside the skin.

as to x-ray mashine is highly harmful for human and only a single picture can be made - and it's not "walk through". X-ray scanner in only used for the luggage.

most probably he was put on the x-ray mashine and than ordered to seat on the toilet, for whatever long it takes - the article doesn't say when he as arrested and when the drugs were confirmed

He was probably asked to go through the x-ray scanner as they suspected him of having drugs concealed in his stomach. Not everyone would be asked to go through the x-ray scanner, but I suspect everyone would be required to pass through a people screening system which is an altogether different thing. People-screening systems can identify potential security threats concealed on the human body. They can effectively shortlist people who may need further investigation, either via other technology such as x-rays, or human intervention such as a pat-down search.

Well done to the airport immigration for catching this idiot and potentially saving many lives :)

How do you force someone to swallow 1kg of drugs??? These drugs are normally swallowed in condoms - pity the Thai authorities couldn't have give him a drink to dissolve the prophylactic. They could then have watched the 'mule' OD - poetic justice

Laxatives???

SO...

they are putting that new scanner test to good use eh?

No..not quite the full story..he would have been taken to the Govt Hospital and X-rayed..then waited with him until he was ready to pass his bowel contents onto a sieve where the Customs Officers would sort through the dump.

We can only conclude that this is a very rare occurrence in Thailand. If the authorities in Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid or in Santa Domingo would have to report these things, the entire local "Thai visa" site would have been filled with messages like this. In Europe, the US or Latin you will not find one but 30 people in a plane having this rubbish in their stomach.

The bottom line is that it seldom happens.

I'm not usually one to pick nits but do you have any backup for this claim? Something like statistics, source of information etc.

I expect as he was caught he was about to sh1t himself anyway ! :)

Just imagine: Almost one kilo on a longer flight, and right at the customs that pressure in his ass and some bombs came out. I guess the customs could smell that there’s something wrong with the smart Pakistani and the way he’s walking was also a pain in the ass. What a nice smell in his cell !!!

Not too surprising. This is merely a nearly every day business at international airports.

Afghanistan and Pakistan produce more than the golden triangle nowadays, according to time magazine and nationmaster.com

There will always be those high risk players who will take their chances with winning or losing high risk activities, be it smuggling or gambling or whatever.

I expect as he was caught he was about to sh1t himself anyway ! :)

Just imagine: Almost one kilo on a longer flight, and right at the customs that pressure in his ass and some bombs came out. I guess the customs could smell that there's something wrong with the smart Pakistani and the way he's walking was also a pain in the ass. What a nice smell in his cell !!!

It reminds me about a German who was trying to smuggle Hashish to Holland from Germany, but this guy had to borrow his friends car, so he had no idea that there was something for the customs. But if it's in your ass, then you're fuc_ked. And they'll fuc_k his ass too, hopefully.

Edited by Sisaketmike

How do you force someone to swallow 1kg of drugs??? These drugs are normally swallowed in condoms - pity the Thai authorities couldn't have give him a drink to dissolve the prophylactic. They could then have watched the 'mule' OD - poetic justice

How naive you are.

Heroin, taken in small amounts recreationally, is not as dangerous as drinking alcoholic drinks, and not as addictive as nicotine or coffee.

If the tide of human cultural development had been tweaked a slightly different way, heroin might be served (and abused) in social situations worldwide (as alcohol is), and alcohol might be designated as the satanic evil that nearly everyone perceives heroin to be.

Vested interests have no small part to play in societies' perceptions. Also, those drugs which can be controlled, such as beer and wine and hard liquor, are tolerated, whereas drugs which can be readily produced and marketed by the little guys (heroin, opium, ganga) are made to look like the devil incarnate.

Quick: how often do you hear of traffic accidents and deaths being caused by heroin?

Also: how many billions of lost hours of productivity can be attributed to heroin and alcohol respectively?

Plus: How much has alcohol use increased insurance rates for all of us, compared to heroin use?

You must be joking, or do you believe in this???

I totally Agree about the alcohol abuse.....