Yamaha Lc Elegance

GungaDin

I am in the same predicament as you, I have been looking for a red one with alloy wheels up here in Loei with no luck, nearly bought a Honda pcx but I think too big for a measly 125! and all the engine stop rubbish really puts me off, complete waste of time. I am going to wait untill the show and see what is revealed.

all the engine stop rubbish really puts me off, complete waste of time.

Why? If the system is not good that's one thing, but surely the concept makes sense. No?

Certainly seems to in Bangkok anyway.

P.S. Just to throw in an on-topic comment, my feeling is if you are in any doubt GungaDin, then wait. Not long now until the show.

Edited by rixalex

If you can wait, wait. If you need transport now, do not wait. It's as simple as that.

But if it is possible I would wait for the Bangkok Motorshow, since January 2010 all import regulation on motorcycles below 250cc are gone for the ASEAN market. Also in 2010 the Free Trade Agreement with China includes motorcycles under 250cc.

For registering an imported motorcycle the motorcycle still needs to qualify for the Thai emission regulations, which excludes most motorcycles made in other ASEAN countries. But still new motorcycles like the Honda SH150i likely meets Thai emission regulations. And other manufacturers will surely look at Thailand as possible new market.

Also, I believe, that this year the Indian Free Trade Agreement also comes into effect for motorcycles under 250cc. In India Bajaj Auto currently started selling the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, produced in Thailand, and we know of a 150cc fuel-injection sportsbike jointly development by Honda Thailand and HeroHonda (India).

Surely we can expect a few new products, so if you can wait I would wait. All is it only to get the often very good promotions on new bikes at the Bangkok Motorshow...

Thanks for your replies, I guess I should wait.

I really need a bike right now to look for a new rental house but there's bugger all available out here. (bike rentals)

While I've got your attention.... What's the best, & coolest open face helmet available here?

Thai brand?

Address of shop?

EDIT By Crossy at the request of GD, Budget 6000 Baht

Thanks for your replies, I guess I should wait.

I really need a bike right now to look for a new rental house but there's bugger all available out here. (bike rentals)

While I've got your attention.... What's the best, & coolest open face helmet available here?

Thai brand?

Address of shop?

I found the Index Titan series (made in Thailand) to be the coolest ,most comfy open face available here.about 2k baht..

Sorry Gungadin, Yamaha have just announced a new 150 Nuovo, they flew in Rossi and Lorenzo their Moto GP riders for the launch in Bangkok yesterday, no details as yet but will keep looking. Really glad I didn't buy the overpriced Honda PCX! I have always preferred Yamaha.

:)

Sorry Gungadin, Yamaha have just announced a new 150 Nuovo, they flew in Rossi and Lorenzo their Moto GP riders for the launch in Bangkok yesterday, no details as yet but will keep looking. Really glad I didn't buy the overpriced Honda PCX! I have always preferred Yamaha.

I am sorry to hear that because I LOVE MY 135 ELEGANCE. In fact, I've started to do extensive testing for fuel economy. Got a little book under the seat now. Whenever I go to the gas station I hold the bike level as the attendant refills my Nouvo. Now I'm starting to jot down the number of kilometers down in the book and number of liters used. EVen been playing with the idea of renting a Air Blade for several days, then a 125 pcxi. My driving is Heavy city driving two up for the most part. Here's my theory (and I might be wrong). With the automatics the real fuel economy story will be weight of the bike, tire size, etc and not whether a given bike has fuel injection or whatever. Sure fuel injection might give a guy 3 % or 5 % better fuel economy but then a company like Honda is going to take a PCXi or Honda fuel injected Air Blade and put a 35 kilogram girl on it to perform its mileage tests. Then it's going to be all level terrain out in the country with no stops and starts and you she will be going a constant 30 kilometers per hour. Then Honda is going to claim it's getting 115 miles per gallon on a PCxi while the same PCxi with an 80 to 90 kilogram Westerner on the back is going to getting just half this in stop and go Pattaya traffic conditions.

Those are BIG TIRES on the new PCXi. This bike is going to be very stable and it's going to ride smooth. Yamaha's new 150 c.c. will no doubt also have big tires and it's going to weigh substantially more than the 135 c.c. Elegance I'm guessing. The 135 c.c. Elegance is not much heavier than a Mio or Fino but you take a big step up with something like the PCxi or undoubtedly whatever Yamaha is now bringing to the market. I'm thinking the mileage champ will be the 135 c.c. Yamaha Elegance in the real world with its old fashioned carburator due to its being relatively low weight and its having relatively low rolling resistance for its tires when you measure it against the Pcxi or the upcoming Yamaha. We are only going to be thinking we are getting better fuel economy with the new models because 1. We have substantially larger fuel tanks.....6.2 liters for the PCXi versus 4.8 for the Nouvo Elegance and 2. We have that psychology working inside our little brains that we have the latest technology therefore we just have to be getting better fuel economy.

:D :D :D

Lots of things wrong, first the overseas two-wheel press got a bad translation. It's 125cc not 150cc, second the new engine is to replace the 115cc's and is still equipped with a carburettor.

Richard-BKK it is already 135cc now and the new one will be 150cc, I have no problems with a good old carburetor!

The new liquid-cooled 125cc engine replaces the 115cc engines (for now) Yamaha Mio, and very like it will also replace the 115cc of the Fino and the Nouvo MX... The 135cc Yamaha Nouvo Elegance never replaced the 115cc Nouvo MX, so now the 115cc get also a technology upgrade (without Fuel-injection).

I think Richard is right, nothing on Thai website about it (and it would be here if anywhere), only about a new 125cc Mio. The Nouvo 135cc is less than 2 yrs old, I asked at 3 dealers and called the head office in December when I bought mine to ask about a FI Nouvo and they all said no plans to introduce one. And if you look at both the links below you can see they are clearly driving the new 125cc Mio and not a Nouvo!

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/Product/MIO125/

http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/2010/Yamah...enzo+inThailand

If I could improve the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance, I'd like to put a slightly larger fuel tank in it. This would serve the following purposes...1. I wouldn't have to stop as often to refill my tank, 2. I'd have a fair amount more range which would make me have more assurance in certain situations that I wouldn't wind up somewhere with a nearly empty tank without knowing where I could get refueled and 3. I'd feel I was getting tremendous fuel economy because the gas gauge wouldn't be going down nearly as fast. So if I had to refuel say 33-60 % less often, so what if I had to pay 110 to 130 baht to refuel versus the 80 baht I'm typically paying now. As for the carburetor, in the driving situations I now encounter my Elegance accelerates very smoothly and quickly. Its only downfall that I can see is that if the gas settles long enough in the carburetor, it can take awhile to start, but this only affects me if I take a week or longer trip and am therefore not riding the bike at least once every several days or so.

If I could improve the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance, I'd like to put a slightly larger fuel tank in it. <Snip>

I'd go along with that. :)

I bought a 4l Blitzusa.com self venting container today, mainly to carry only 2l for an emergency.

It should fit in a saddlebag.

Homepro, Phet Kasem, has just rec'd a shipment.

post-53559-1265817404_thumb.jpg

Blitz1+

9.50“x 5.88“x 8.50“

220bt

Well we will have to wait and see what is on show at the Bangkok show at the end of next month, Yamaha in the UK update there models at least every 2 years, the Yamaha dealer near me is still saying that the 135 nuovo is no longer being made and they cannot order one so lets wait and see. The MotoGP article said new 150cc Nuovo so lets hope!

Well we will have to wait and see what is on show at the Bangkok show at the end of next month, Yamaha in the UK update there models at least every 2 years, the Yamaha dealer near me is still saying that the 135 nuovo is no longer being made and they cannot order one so lets wait and see. The MotoGP article said new 150cc Nuovo so lets hope!

From my experience both Honda and Yamaha dealers seem to be the last to know about new models coming out. Example in point.....the Honda dealership near me had no clue the PCXi was coming out. I had just been to Hanoi where I had seen and photographed a Honda 150 SHi. I told the manager or owner at the dealership about it and he wanted info from me about it so I wound up giving him a copy of the picture. Later on a friend of mine went into the dealership where he was informed that Honda would soon be introducing a 150 c.c. "Airblade".

The guy's friendly and helpful. I get excellent service both from his dealership and the Yamaha dealership I bought three Yamaha's from. Whenever I bring a bike in someone nearly jumps out of his chair to immediately start working on my bike. Same thing happened to me when I had a new tube put into my Nouvo tire about a month ago. Instant service. Unheard of in the U.S. BUt.......Thais in general are not detail minded. From what I've seen dealership people do not tend to scour the internet looking for what their company will soon introduce. We will but they don't. And they are not likely to do a lot of inquiring from Honda or Yamaha about what's new in the pipeline. And if they do the guys they are asking probably have not been informed by their higher ups and they in turn are not sitting in their living rooms on their laptops trying to figure out what their companies are up to.

So there is still not one fuel injection Model from Yamaha on the horizon (in Thailand). Even Suzuki has them now, looks like Yamaha is slowly loosing out against there competition. Time to change the make then.

I find it wise of Yamaha to keep carbs for a while longer.

Just had some injection probs on my GF Airblade, 5 months/ 3k km. No computer in Honda workshops, no OBD and no knowledge of injection. Any Somchai can fix a carb, on the spot.

Since Yammy E 135 carb has more power (much more power up the Phuket hills), and better milage than Airblade PGM Fi, the only advantage of injection seems to be the smoth engineresponse.

Seems like yammy is going the displasement way to compensate for no injection, "there is no substitute to cu inch" :)

If there is a Nouvo 150cc coming, Honda is beaten on power. Again.

So there is still not one fuel injection Model from Yamaha on the horizon (in Thailand). Even Suzuki has them now, looks like Yamaha is slowly loosing out against there competition. Time to change the make then.

Just had some injection probs on my GF Airblade, 5 months/ 3k km. No computer in Honda workshops, no OBD and no knowledge of injection. Any Somchai can fix a carb, on the spot.

Since Yammy E 135 carb has more power (much more power up the Phuket hills), and better milage than Airblade PGM Fi, the only advantage of injection seems to be the smoth engineresponse.

Seems like yammy is going the displasement way to compensate for no injection, "there is no substitute to cu inch" :)

The Honda dealership owner or manager I mentioned in my post above told me, "Yamaha is very dangerous for Honda." He also told me Yamaha will introduce a 150 c.c. before too long. My carbureted Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135 c.c. responds like a fuel injected machine. There is nothing to ask from this machine so far as performance and power. As I mentioned before if it sits for a week or longer it is a bit hard to start due to old fuel sitting in the carburetor too long.

The way I see it, Honda's been riding the coat tails of the fine reputation it has with its cars and the fact that all Hondas are well built pieces of machinery but it has made some major miscalculations with its motorcyles. First off it's selling the Honda 150 SHi for about $4600 in the U.S. That is too high a price tag for a relatively small 150 c.c. machine. And that's probably due to the relatively high price of Italian labor as these bikes are made in Italy I believe. Second...Honda got caught napping by Yamaha for how long while Yamaha was perfecting its automatic motorbikes? Then Honda wakes up with a duh.."We think we build one too, but winds up building a 110 c.c. that is already outgunned by Yamaha's 115 c.c. Nouvo MX. Then the Elegance comes out and walks all over the Air Blade so to protect its image Honda comes out with the fuel injected Air Blade. So now it comes out with a 125 c.c. model which is no doubt quite good, but still, Yamaha has more cubic centimeters so it can outpower the Honda competition without doing anything other than the most minor engine modifications if that much is even needed. Now if Yamaha comes out with a 150 c.c. model, it's going to be thrashing Honda with a 20 % larger engine. That is decisive.

Of course, a 110ccm motor, even with injection will probably not be stronger then the 135 ccm (however most Honda 125 ccm have 14 hp (not the Pcxi), more then the 135 from Yamaha. Response of the motor is much better then with a carb, and to start the engine you will have not problems. Were I am I should not have a problem with service, and after Honda changes to injection with all models it will be soon no problem anywhere.

Edited by CHdiver

Response of the motor is much better then with a carb, and to start the engine you will have not problems. Were I am I should not have a problem with service, and after Honda changes to injection with all models it will be soon no problem anywhere.

So you think every moobaan tin shack somchai mechanic is going to have a nice set of computer diagnostic equipment soon then ??

Response of the motor is much better then with a carb, and to start the engine you will have not problems. Were I am I should not have a problem with service, and after Honda changes to injection with all models it will be soon no problem anywhere.

So you think every moobaan tin shack somchai mechanic is going to have a nice set of computer diagnostic equipment soon then ??

dream on, so far there arent even 2 dealers in each province having it. and no staff trained on injection.

actually yammy 135cc is stronger up the phuket hills with 160 kg rider/passanger than honda 110cc injection with 90 kg rider only

dream on, so far there arent even 2 dealers in each province having it. and no staff trained on injection.

actually yammy 135cc is stronger up the phuket hills with 160 kg rider/passanger than honda 110cc injection with 90 kg rider only

Now that's what I like. First hand evidence rather than statements that many others here cannot back up. You have a fuel injected Airblade and you have an Elegance 135 c.c. and the Yamaha easily outpowers the Air Blade even with a much heavier rider/passenger on it. Like you said, there is no substitute for cubic inches and there's nothing like personal hands on experience.

As far as someone else's earlier statement that most 125 cc. machines produce around 14 horsepower I want to see the evidence behind that one. I've looked up Honda Waves and Suzuki autos. Not found anything on the Suzuki and what I have found on the Wave is it has barely more h.p. than the smaller 115 c.c. Nouvo MX and is trounced by the Yamaha Elegance. As for the new 125 Honda PCxi horsepower figures are very sketchy at best. One does not have this problem with Yamahas. Apparently Yamaha is proud of its performance figures for both the 115 c.c. Nouvo Mx and its 135 c.c. Elegance. I suppose it's proud because it knows it's the pick of the litter.

My 60k kms cheer out rides a 135cc Yammie up Phukets hills if its against a rider of equal size.. Even me and the missus generally overtake all the autos with 1 up Thais.

Put a 135 spark on there and it toasts a 135 Elegance.. Wont see it for dust.. Same same 125 sonic.. The auto robs too much of its output.

My 60k kms cheer out rides a 135cc Yammie up Phukets hills if its against a rider of equal size.. Even me and the missus generally overtake all the autos with 1 up Thais.

Put a 135 spark on there and it toasts a 135 Elegance.. Wont see it for dust.. Same same 125 sonic.. The auto robs too much of its output.

no doubt auto robs power. still wont go back to manual gear scooter. just gimme more cc auto scooters :D

need my left hand for beer, not clutch. :):D:D need my left foot to keep balance, not gear :D:D:D:D

BTW, where are the beerholders on Honda airblade and pcx? and the hook for groceries?

best shopping cart is actually 6-7 year old Nouvo with front basket, under seat, topbox and hooks. but no beerholder on this old hog, and its lazy up the hills. fine to the market and to the beach though

Now that's what I like. First hand evidence rather than statements that many others here cannot back up. You have a fuel injected Airblade and you have an Elegance 135 c.c. and the Yamaha easily outpowers the Air Blade even with a much heavier rider/passenger on it. Like you said, there is no substitute for cubic inches and there's nothing like personal hands on experience.

As far as someone else's earlier statement that most 125 cc. machines produce around 14 horsepower I want to see the evidence behind that one. I've looked up Honda Waves and Suzuki autos. Not found anything on the Suzuki and what I have found on the Wave is it has barely more h.p. than the smaller 115 c.c. Nouvo MX and is trounced by the Yamaha Elegance. As for the new 125 Honda PCxi horsepower figures are very sketchy at best. One does not have this problem with Yamahas. Apparently Yamaha is proud of its performance figures for both the 115 c.c. Nouvo Mx and its 135 c.c. Elegance. I suppose it's proud because it knows it's the pick of the litter.

Honda Wave 125 has around 9.3 hp, wrote that in another thread here already. Pcx has 11.3 hp and all other I know of do have 14 hp. I got my wisdom from the German Honda Scooter Website, guggs Du da bitte: http://www.honda.de/content/motorraeder/modelle_roller.php

They have picture there of the scooters, so even if you are not able to read German, you should be able to find them (btw. hp are PS in German) Some nice models there.

I dont say the Nuovo Elegance is not a good Bike, but I still think it would be far better with injection.