Everton Thread

sharecropper

Just thought we should have one, although it could be a pretty lonely place, as I think I'm the only Everton fan on here.

Hopefully I can post some good news later today following the "Liverpool - all fur coat and no knickers" Derby.

Saw and enjoyed this article before, of another great Rafa moment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...pool-derby.html

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a fan of everton 8 times a year, tonight being one of those occaisions :)

Cahill to head in a beach ball in extra time to nip LP.

I wonder if that beach ball kid is traumatised - or running a psychic Consultancy.

Great story to tell your grandkids, how you put the skids under a then high-flying Premier league team with a beach ball, gave them the jitters, which affected their Champions League place and Premiership form, then league position, casflow from competitions, player exits, revenue from gate receipts collapsed, debt mountain couldn't be serviced and then the team called "Liverpool" if I remember rightly, was bankrupted and entombed under a colossal mountain of debt.

Sad story. Great screenplay.

I am a fan of everton 8 times a year, tonight being one of those occaisions :D

Cahill to head in a beach ball in extra time to nip LP.

I wonder if that beach ball kid is traumatised - or running a psychic Consultancy.

Great story to tell your grandkids, how you put the skids under a then high-flying Premier league team with a beach ball, gave them the jitters, which affected their Champions League place and Premiership form, then league position, casflow from competitions, player exits, revenue from gate receipts collapsed, debt mountain couldn't be serviced and then the team called "Liverpool" if I remember rightly, was bankrupted and entombed under a colossal mountain of debt.

Sad story. Great screenplay.

That young lad should be knighted. :)

Good luck with the thread mate,and good luck today! :D

I was at Goodison way back in about 59/60 when Everton beat Sheffield Wednesday and the Everton "Toffee Ladies" threw handfuls of toffees out to the supporters before the game.

Being a toffee lover, I have a soft spot for them... :D

Good luck with the thread especially today.................. :)

Hello,

my name is BlueScouse and I am an Evertonian.

Weheey. Like moths to a flame.

(Or in our case, all too often, like squibs to a damp squib).

I feel less alone already. And thanks to the other posters for their kind comments. Lets hope tonight's game is a another 3 points for us, but also a cracker. I can already see the red and yellow cards hoisted high above the refs head so many time he gets RSI.

Some other massive games this week and midweek as well.

I will be watching this on Walking Street. I am banned from watching Everton at home from a few years back, when my missus first saw me morph from a reasonably intelligent, friendly guy into a swearing psychotic lunactic as we lost badly yet again.

Too embarrassed to tell you what I did to get the red card though, but the TV was never the same.

Well done sharecropper, as rgs says I am an Evertonian, and currently resident on the dark side. Good of him to say he enjoys my posts, as I can think of several who don't.

But an Everton thread is good to see, lets hope it draws some more out into the daylight, there are a few who drink in Soi Yamato which is where I will be watching tonight.

I am always reluctant to post much about the club/team because from "bitter' experience my posts will generally come back to haunt me.

But sod it, let's just hope for a result tonight.

yes, good luck blues, fair contest, may the best team win and all that. in fact balls to that, i'll have 2-0 with a peno that wasn't and an OG off tony hibbert's arse please.

That just sounds like every other jammy game won by Liverpool. Well, that is before this season, when their luck deserted them.

Being an Everton fan you learn to qualify stuff like this, but on Derby day, I'm not.

Well done sharecropper, as rgs says I am an Evertonian, and currently resident on the dark side. Good of him to say he enjoys my posts, as I can think of several who don't.

But an Everton thread is good to see, lets hope it draws some more out into the daylight, there are a few who drink in Soi Yamato which is where I will be watching tonight.

I am always reluctant to post much about the club/team because from "bitter' experience my posts will generally come back to haunt me.

But sod it, let's just hope for a result tonight.

Excellent!

Yeah - Everton Supporter's Motto - Mostly Disappointed.

But what the hel_l.

A win for us will bring us only 6 points behind them, with a game in hand.

//CLOSED AT REQUEST OF THE OP//

Nah. Just kidding. First half was OK, but we played a terrible second half. Arteta ineffectual, the Yak played well I thought. Pienaar silly, Liverpool jammy - lots of diving (Gerrard - outrageous), Mascherano shouldn't have been on the pitch, so no complaints about the Greek going, but in the end, I thought we didn't have the final touch in, or the final ball into, the box, and Liverpool just deserved it.

Not representative of their current form or ours, thank god.

You're not singing, You're not singing, you're not singing anymore, You're not singing any-more.

We had 10 men and it looked like we had 20.

Everton will never win a league match against us again.

Didn't think LP were very good but everton were woeful in attack.

Pretty sure dk had more chances than the entire everton team.

I'm a Bluenose,Living in Nong-Khai,I See 2 Redshites infiltrated this thread,They just cannot read ENOUGH about Everton,Their Threads are <deleted>, Did also notice that 1 is from London,The Other from Dublin.....Yes THIS is Typical Liverpool "Home "support........

I'm a Bluenose,Living in Nong-Khai,I See 2 Redshites infiltrated this thread,They just cannot read ENOUGH about Everton,Their Threads are <deleted>, Did also notice that 1 is from London,The Other from Dublin.....Yes THIS is Typical Liverpool "Home "support........

That would be Rott, he's an Evertonian Mate... :)

he posted from nong khai. . .

And he was born and bred in Anfield L4. Agreed their threads are appalling, but for real <deleted> have you ever looked at RAWK.

Hi Guys

fellow bluenose here, in mourning at the moment, living in Phetchabun. Arteta is coming back though and after the start to the season we had, happy to be where we are. Bring on Chelsea and Man U, great to see an Everton thread.

Good on ya Sharecropper

Moyes is our Messiah

COYB

And he was born and bred in Anfield L4. Agreed their threads are appalling, but for real <deleted> have you ever looked at RAWK.

rawk is an appalling mess of a place i agree. but for every rawk there's a bluekipper.

Are you in Nong Khai town or in the countryside?

I agree with you - Liverpool fans, facing season meltdown, regardless of this result, which they are rightly rejoicing in as the best result of their season so far, are flocking to our website.

Soon they will be asking us how to run a football club aspiring to get into Europe on a shoestring.

Look at the change in a year for them.

Last season fighting to win the Premiership, this year scrapping for fourth place and maybe even then not getting it. Out of the Champoins League, no hope of catching the elite Premiership sides this season, out of the FA Cup in utterly humiliating circumstances.

They have an expensive, misfiring, divisive manager, who will cost a lot more money to get rid of, they can't afford decent new players, because of all the rubbish Benitez bought previously. (Great waste of money though).

The board and the owners are split by in-fighting, the fans hate the board, and blindly praise the fool who has enginered this mess in the first place. They are saddled with a debt big enough to sink a small country.

I ask all of us to consider their plight for a minute and show them some sympathy - before laughing at them.

I saw a flash on Bloomberg a few days ago about Liverpool "Soccer Club" needing to "lose" 42 million of their debt, before they can reschedule the balance. I didn't get any detail and I haven't seen it since, anyone know any more about it?

rawk is an appalling mess of a place i agree. but for every rawk there's a bluekipper.

Not sure of your point StevieH, have always found Blue Kipper to be intellectually stimulating, lively and informative. But then I drink a lot.

I saw a flash on Bloomberg a few days ago about Liverpool "Soccer Club" needing to "lose" 42 million of their debt, before they can reschedule the balance. I didn't get any detail and I haven't seen it since, anyone know any more about it?

The figure I read was GBP100 million :)

For example this is a subheading from a recent article in The Guardian: Purslow admits banks demand debt reduction by £100m

If you're getting Bloomberg feeds are you working in finance? If so, could you do us a favour and try to verify the figure?

Paying down a debt of GBP 100m means big player sales, and/or more very expensive debt refinancing. Either way I can hear the undertaker knocking another metallic object into that wooden, post-life dwelling unit marked "Liverpool FC".

Yes you are right sharecropper, we were a divided family, Dad was the only red, his brothers and sister were all blue and my Mams side of the family all blue too. Was thinking about his today, between the 60's and the 90's, LFC players were all household names, apart from Gerard <deleted> are the other 10. Used to love discussing all this with me dear old Dad, bet he's cussing Benitez upstairs. Sad to see as I have never wished them ill (much).

The Mersey is Royal Blue

Yes you are right sharecropper, we were a divided family, Dad was the only red, his brothers and sister were all blue and my Mams side of the family all blue too. Was thinking about his today, between the 60's and the 90's, LFC players were all household names, apart from Gerard <deleted> are the other 10. Used to love discussing all this with me dear old Dad, bet he's cussing Benitez upstairs. Sad to see as I have never wished them ill (much).

The Mersey is Royal Blue

Out of my whole (large) extended Liverpool family of my generation and above, there are only three Everton supporters, the other 50 odd people support Liverpool, and all my immediate family are reds. I don't understand why I took to Everton at all.

One thing's for certain though - this year they are are all sounding a lot less cocky than usual, so that's great.

I had nothing against Liverpool until the Waiter made his "small club" speech. How ironic if he leaves them having turned them into the the same.

Archived