Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we're off topic as this is supposed to be the everton thread, but you're just way off sharecropper. never mind.

I have ever seen such an extraordinary case of collective Stockholm Syndrome before. It is almost funny (except for the club).

From Wikipedia:

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims.

we're off topic as this is supposed to be the everton thread

The only way to get this Everton threads post count so high, is to go off topic Stevie :)

Or for good sports like yourself to come on to implicitly congratulate us for beating their team at home. :D

we're off topic as this is supposed to be the everton thread

The only way to get this Everton threads post count so high, is to go off topic Stevie :)

Or for good sports like yourself to come on to implicitly congratulate us for beating their team at home. :D

Congrat-u-fekkin-lations. OK :D

Well, as stated on the BBC today, it appears that Rafa has a clause that states there can be no negotiation in his severence pay. I'm far from an expert on contracts but i doubt many managers in the world have what they are suggesting is written in his. He will leave when he is good and ready. Makes him a better business man than a manager but fair play if its true.

that is news to me, but i don't really see how that differs from any other manager's contract? you want to sack them, you pay them off and buy out their contract - t'was ever thus no?

he's stated before that he intends to see out the owners and hopefully get the club back on track under new ownership - so in fact it's not a case of him 'leaving when he's good and ready' and more that he's calling the bullshit owners' bluff. if they want rid of him that badly they'll have to stump up some cash, something they've refused to do for transfers, contracts, the new stadium. . .

I've no axe to grind, just saying it as i heard it, and i was very suprised.

For the record, i loathe seeing Liverpool in their current situation. The club carried the flag for us in europe for years and the supporters deserve more.

Off topic though and finished

Very disappointed not to take all 3 points yesterday to go above Villa and Liverpool, if only briefly.

But I think we should be winning these games if we want to get a Europa place, so after last night my optimism has slightly dimmed.

Still if Liverpool lose today (slim chance, unless that kid brings his beach ball again) we could be OK.

Wolves have been resurgent recently and in good form, I am happy with the point. Villa may well implode after yesterdays thrashing. Liverpool are errrrm fragile and Sunderland are unpredicable, could well be a surprise, they drew with Villa and City.

Bad news fellow Blues fans, Dan Gosling was injured at Wolves, 9 months out with cruciate ligament damage, feel for the lad. On a brighter note here is an interview with Gordon West on Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, certainly gives an insight into old fashioned values. There are some real gems in this interview.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010...on-west-q-amp-a

Bad news fellow Blues fans, Dan Gosling was injured at Wolves, 9 months out with cruciate ligament damage, feel for the lad. On a brighter note here is an interview with Gordon West on Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, certainly gives an insight into old fashioned values. There are some real gems in this interview.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010...on-west-q-amp-a

Did not know Alex Parker had died

Very sad what a great player

Simply not good enough. Draws with Wolves and West Ham (at home). Just not remotely good enough at the level we aspire to.

Still, it could be worse. We could be Liverpool fans commenting on the draw with Birmingham, which basically destroy's their Champions League aspirations, however fanciful. But that's just collateral comfort right now.

We won't even see Europa action after this I think.

Simply not good enough. Draws with Wolves and West Ham (at home). Just not remotely good enough at the level we aspire to.

Still, it could be worse. We could be Liverpool fans commenting on the draw with Birmingham, which basically destroy's their Champions League aspirations, however fanciful. But that's just collateral comfort right now.

evertons avery good side with a thorough depth, difference this year is , man citys $$$$$$

evertons avery good side with a thorough depth, difference this year is , man citys $$$$$$

Especially with Tevez, who may be the difference between Man U winning the title and them not. How ironic.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read last night's result. Whilst better than a defeat, and a creditable draw at Villa, we don't seem to be able to get the wins needed for Europa.

Let's hope next season will be better for us, but I am a bit disappointed at not having overhauled Villa and Liverpool in the last few games.

Just read last night's result. Whilst better than a defeat, and a creditable draw at Villa, we don't seem to be able to get the wins needed for Europa.

Let's hope next season will be better for us, but I am a bit disappointed at not having overhauled Villa and Liverpool in the last few games.

I go for the Toffees as well, Tim Howard, he's a good 'keeper but he's <deleted> hopeless when the balls crossed into the box, trouble is everyone knows this :)

How good is Aussie Tim :D

What a superb show of character at Blackburn. I was swearing my head off as we lost the lead twice, but an outstanding win in the end.

Liverpool more easily in our sights than Villa, who have 2 games in hand. Both Liverpool and Villa have relatively easy run-ins however.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a bad season considering how the first half of it went, although those frustrating draws in the last few games prevented us overhauling Liverpool.

With some new signings, our position as Liverpool's premier club (the other lot, Tranmere I mean, have also done well this season) is already exciting, and next season will be better.

Anyone agree we must sell Pienaar. Superb performer that he has been this season, he clearly wants out and with only 1 year left on his contract we may get a decent sum for him if we sell him now and give up on trying to make him sign a new contract.

Just posted some this in the Liverpool thread but thought I would repeat the info here. MOD NOTE - THIS IS NOT A REPEAT POST!

I have just spent ages looking at the final games left for all teams from Spurs to Fulham, giving each of those teams a win against lower sides, and draws or losses to teams above or around them, and some special games, derbies etc taken into account and I think this is how it will finish:

4. Spurs (68 points)

5. Liverpool (65 points)

6. Villa (65)

7. Everton (61)

8. Birmingham (61)

9. Man City (59)

10. Fulham (57)

Rough and ready of course, and looking harsh on City, but they have to play Chelsea, Spurs, Birmingham, Man U, Arsenal and Villa.

Well this is how they finished Sharecropper.

4 Tottenham Hotspur (70)

5 Manchester City (67)

6 Aston Villa (64)

7 Liverpool (63)

8 Everton (61)

9 Birmingham City (50)

10 Blackburn Rovers (50)

You got one right which was unfortunately the spot we wanted :)

OK. Done. I understand the restrictions on gambling in Thailand and on TV.

So, I think Everton will finish above Man City. You think they won't.

The person who is not correct in his thinking at the end of the season makes an unspecified charitable donation (up to you) to a beggar/s, temple or charity of his choice - how's that?.

And have you donated yet :D

Just posted some this in the Liverpool thread but thought I would repeat the info here. MOD NOTE - THIS IS NOT A REPEAT POST!

I have just spent ages looking at the final games left for all teams from Spurs to Fulham, giving each of those teams a win against lower sides, and draws or losses to teams above or around them, and some special games, derbies etc taken into account and I think this is how it will finish:

4. Spurs (68 points)

5. Liverpool (65 points)

6. Villa (65)

7. Everton (61)

8. Birmingham (61)

9. Man City (59)

10. Fulham (57)

Rough and ready of course, and looking harsh on City, but they have to play Chelsea, Spurs, Birmingham, Man U, Arsenal and Villa.

Well this is how they finished Sharecropper.

4 Tottenham Hotspur (70)

5 Manchester City (67)

6 Aston Villa (64)

7 Liverpool (63)

8 Everton (61)

9 Birmingham City (50)

10 Blackburn Rovers (50)

You got one right which was unfortunately the spot we wanted :)

OK. Done. I understand the restrictions on gambling in Thailand and on TV.

So, I think Everton will finish above Man City. You think they won't.

The person who is not correct in his thinking at the end of the season makes an unspecified charitable donation (up to you) to a beggar/s, temple or charity of his choice - how's that?.

And have you donated yet :D

I am going to donate it to those moaning bitter Reds (Liverpool fans I mean) to get those debt levels down (don't want them going bust and ruining our fun next season, do we?). On second thoughts I will continue with my plan to donate to Pattaya Orphanage when I get back there.

• 3 weeks later...

Ater the last few seasons of transfer mayhem it it's good that we have signed someone. DM must see his potential to offer a 4 year deal. Whether he will be good enough to step up to the premiership remains to be seen. As for Heitinga, who knows? If there is a profit to be had then I am sure we will play hardball, all I am interested in is for DM to make signings to improve the squad. the Mersey is Royal Blue

Ater the last few seasons of transfer mayhem it it's good that we have signed someone. DM must see his potential to offer a 4 year deal. Whether he will be good enough to step up to the premiership remains to be seen. As for Heitinga, who knows? If there is a profit to be had then I am sure we will play hardball, all I am interested in is for DM to make signings to improve the squad. the Mersey is Royal Blue

How old is Leighton Baines - 14? How the <deleted> can a professional footballer away with a World Cup England squad complain about being homesick! I think he won't be ont he plane after that and his pretty poor performance against Mexico, although he looked good when going forward.

• 2 months later...

Hallo Blues fans,

Wolfsburg - Everton 2 : 0

bad luck for your side as the German VfL Wolfsburg wins this pre-season friendly by goals from Mario Mandzukic (18.) and Karim Ziani (39.).

The high point of Everton's trip to Germany to face Steve McClaren's Wolfsburg was undoubtedly confirmation that Mikel Arteta has signed a five-year contract extension with the Goodison Park outfit.

Little went right once the match began as David Moyes' side fell to a 2-0 defeat, which included a Tim Howard penalty save from highly-rated striker Edin Dzeko.

• 1 month later...

Archived