World Cup 2010 Viewing?

lostboy777

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on Thai TV, with Thai commentary; Ch3 and 7. If you have WETV then they will have English commentary on the supersport channels. App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006. I don't trust them to do the same again. but all games will def be on!

True told me you cannot change languages on the free channels via the True menu.

I spoke to Channel 3 today, they said the games will be broadcast in both languages, and you can change languages on the TV menu. But when I asked them if I could test it on any other program they transmit in 2 languages, they said they don't have any ... I haven't asked the other free channels yet.

Most set top boxes have the ability to switch between the original broadcast language & that of the regional host (ch3 & 7) push the soundtrack button on the remote and you'll get the commentary in English but the half-time show will be in Thai, just as it is on True with the Premier league

Just spoken to channels 3 and 5,they are saying that they will know tommorow wether there will be English commentary,from the conversation i had it seems that they themselves are literally waiting for the kick off to see wether the signal they receive will have it.

Fingers crossed,might save people 30,000 baht for astro.

PST.

Does anyone here know if there will be any daytime replays being shown of the matches shown from the early morning??

Going by what I saw on the Champions League coverage on the Thai Channels, I would not get my hopes up.

If you have got the True HD channel from looking forward on the guide it looks like the 3 games from the day before are repeated at 9am, 10.30am and 12pm. I presume they will be in the order from the day before but who knows until tommorrow( or saturday as it will be for the repeats)

In the current Truevisions programme guide they list 4 programmes each day from Saturday 12th as "FIFA World Cup 2010". They are scheduled for 9.00-10.30, 10.30-12.00, 13.00-14.30, and 14.30 to 15.00 on Channel 101, which is not their HD channel.

It looks as if they may be repeating the matches from the previous evening, but why they have scheduled 4 matches each day when there are only 3 matches a day being played is a mystery.

There is also a daily live preview programme at 17.30 on Channel 101 for those that like the 3 Thai Stooges (20.00 on June 11th).

Obviously all will be revealed tomorrow, Truevisions Programme Guide is usually only good for gift-wrapping fish, so don't count on it.

In the current Truevisions programme guide they list 4 programmes each day from Saturday 12th as "FIFA World Cup 2010". They are scheduled for 9.00-10.30, 10.30-12.00, 13.00-14.30, and 14.30 to 15.00 on Channel 101, which is not their HD channel.

It looks as if they may be repeating the matches from the previous evening, but why they have scheduled 4 matches each day when there are only 3 matches a day being played is a mystery.

There is also a daily live preview programme at 17.30 on Channel 101 for those that like the 3 Thai Stooges (20.00 on June 11th).

Obviously all will be revealed tomorrow, Truevisions Programme Guide is usually only good for gift-wrapping fish, so don't count on it.

Im going on the on screen guide on the HD Channel, there only advertising 3 repeat games in the morning.

I just checked the Online-Schedule and, for Saturday 12th it lists the following for Channel 101 Truesports 1.

9.30-11.00 South Africa v Mexico (repeated 13.00-14.30)

11.00-12.30 Uruguay v France (repeated 14.30-16.00)

For Sunday 13th the matches are

9.30-11.00 South Korea v Greece (repeated 14.30-16.00)

11.00-12.30 England v USA (repeated 16.00-17.30)

13.00-14.30 Argentina v Nigeria

I haven't checked the other days, but I assume they will follow a similar pattern to Sunday. So it appears that if you miss a live match you can catch the repeat the following day, assuming you have Truevisions.

The Truevisions magazine, the Truevisions website guide and on screen HD guide show that there will be delayed showings of all the World Cup matches the next morning from 9am for those unable to catch the games the previous night. As for commentary on Thai TV and Truevisions, don't hold your breath, but keep your fingers crossed that they didn't know what they were talking about and actually end up with dual commentary.

Cheers.

It's on Thai TV, with Thai commentary; Ch3 and 7. If you have WETV then they will have English commentary on the supersport channels. App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006. I don't trust them to do the same again. but all games will def be on!

The World Cup 2010 is being shown for free on Thai TV Channel 3 and Channel 7. For viewers with JSAT TV or cable TV, it is also being shown on Supersport (the South African channel). For viewers with True Visions, the World Cup is being shown in HD. All 64 games are scheduled for Channel 111. You can order HD by calling 02 725 2525. Crossbar has the commentary from the BBC. You can see all the fixtures, tables and Thailand TV times at www.bangkoktimesonline.com/en/world-cup. The England Vs. USA match is on at 01.30am Saturday night.

An unexpected problem:

BBC Radio 5 are allowing audio coverage in Thailand (I am listening to the first match now) but it is 3 seconds faster than the picture on the telly...

what-to-do....

Well, it looks like channel 3 aren't offering English commentary - my UBC dual language button is having no affect. I'm currently watching the game on Thai TV whilst listening to a live feed from radio 5 live. It's about 5 seconds out of sync, but it works fairly well. Anyone know if it's possible to "slow down" or delay a radio feed, cause if that was possible it would be perfect.

Good job Radio 5 is not blocking out international coverage. My ITV freeview stream is about 2 minutes lagged BUT watchable and good english commentry. I will say that Channel 3's picture quality is top notch tonight, which is nice.

I am confused. I can not find any channel that the Mexico game is on. My cable box just has 'wizard' written on the front of it and I do not pay for it. I am way out in Bangkhae and I do not have time to get into town for all of the matches and there is nowhere here that I can find that it is on. I am going to be very upset if I do not get to watch the England games. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Thomas

Charoencabletv.com has astro supersport and it is only 150 Baht a month. It is showing the WC on that channel. It has English commentary. For those of you want to save money and watch with English commentary. go to the website. The Installation is less than B1000.

I watched the first half on Channel 3 and listened to commentary on Radio 5 Live. As others have stated the sound was in front of the TV picture but I found a stranger thing. My commentary started about 5 secs in front of the TV picture but by half-time it was nearly 30 secs in front of the TV picture.

How could the TV picture be slower than normal speed? If the sound had slipped I could understand it with buffering.

Anyway, it's still better than the Thai commentary, hope it's not just a mistake by the BBC.

Infuriating that the Radio5Live commentary has now been blocked. They were obviously teasing us.

If this hasn't already been posted, it explains why getting an English language commentary in Thailand will be difficult. Blame FIFA.

I'd be really interested to know whether the big sports bars like Gullivers have managed it.

TrueVisions explains lack of English commentary

In response to Graham Doven's letter of June 9 regarding the lack of English commentary for the upcoming World Cup, TrueVisions would like to outline reasons for this situation. Unfortunately, TrueVisions is not able to provide an English-language commentary because, as the purchaser of the coverage from the local license holder, RS International Broadcasting and Sports Co Ltd, such service is not on offer.

In the past, TrueVisions had never broadcast the World Cup, as it has always been carried on free TV. However, as we have just launched our high definition service, TrueVisions believes it is good timing to be the sub-broadcasting licensee for the HD signal. Football fans can always watch the tournament on free TV but we wish to provide a crystal clear HD signal to our subscribers.

It is not a matter of TrueVisions paying extra for English commentary, but because that service is not available for us to purchase from the licence holder. TrueVisions' is only the sub-broadcasting licensee for the high definition signal.

This is not the fault of RS International Broadcasting but is due to restrictions by the original provider of the World Cup, Fifa, which is not allowing English commentary in Thailand due to the high broadcast piracy problem among neighbouring countries.

However, suggestions will be considered for the improvement of our service in the future.

Chulathai Saligupta

Senior Manager: Sports Programming TrueVisions

Edited by brewsterbudgen