World Cup 2010 Viewing?

lostboy777

thanks again for your answers.

It sounds like watching the WC on the internet will be risky ... so I will probably go with Astro.

The channels are similar to True Visions, and in addition Astro has Australia Network and Al Jazeera.

I've looked on Astro's website and they mention they have some EPL games. Will they have the EPL next season? Do they show as many EPL games as True Visions?

Does Astro have the MotoGP live (there's no mention of it on the website)?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly about viewing but makes for interesting reading..

Russia 2018 World Cup bid chief Alexei Sorokin hits out at England's 'hooligan' supporters

Three-way fight for right to host in 2018 heats up...

By Anthony Sciarrino

31 May 2010 01:04:00

Russia 2018 World Cup bid chief Alexei Sorokin has launched a scathing attack on England supporters, calling them "hooligans".

Lord Coe had proclaimed England fans as the finest in the world in support of the FA’s campaign to host the World Cup in eight years time.

However, Sorokin was quick to disagree with Lord Coe, accusing the Three Lions’ supporters of causing trouble wherever they go.

“I know Lord Coe well. He is a most decent person. But I do not understand what ‘the best supporters’ mean,” Sorokin told The Mirror.

“Maybe he meant that English football fans are the utmost hooligans. If that’s so, I am ready to agree and hand over supremacy to them.

“Wherever the English fans travel they create huge problems for the hosts. In this sense they are indeed ‘the best’.

“As for our fans, going to away games they behave well.

“I may guarantee that as the Russian Football Union general director.”

Sorokin’s comments come just two weeks after Lord Triesman quit the FA after accusing Russia and fellow 2018 bid rivals Spain of being involved in a bribery scandal.

The bid chief asserted that Russia and England are “in a state of information war”.

“In England they keep publishing stuff aimed against us. I must stress that we do not retaliate,” Sorokin added.

A fantastically well-done WC ad from Nike...

enjoy..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvide...ure-advert.html

that the one with ronaldinho in it even though he's not going and the one with drogba and ronaldo riding challenges they'd normally fling themselves dramatically over and roll around screaming? :)

not gone down well with adidas this of course. they pay a fortune to fifa to be an official partner and then nike hijacks it and steals their thunder.

A fantastically well-done WC ad from Nike...

enjoy..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvide...ure-advert.html

that the one with ronaldinho in it even though he's not going and the one with drogba and ronaldo riding challenges they'd normally fling themselves dramatically over and roll around screaming? :)

not gone down well with adidas this of course. they pay a fortune to fifa to be an official partner and then nike hijacks it and steals their thunder.

yea, no different that Pepsi doing to Coke. Still very well done though.

Supersport will show the wc on multiple channels, you can check out the fixtures here,

http://www.supersport.com/football/2010-world-cup/fixtures

I get this channel through my local cable TV operator. Not sure how you would get it directly but I guess Jsat http://www.jsat.tv/ can help you out.

Those channels will not be available by the time the world cup is one. Nothing your cable operator can do about it. The link you provided with the schedules is from the South African Supersport channels, they are completely different then the Malaysian supersport channels!

The Malaysian (Astro) regular Supersport channels will not have the WC on, as all the games will be on the regular Malaysian channels (in English).

They will only have it on Astro Supersport HD.

Sorry, I was probably not clear enough of what I meant. The supersport we get here is the South African one. The local cable TV gets it from a Malaysian feed. I think you can get the south african supersport through jsat.

Tompa,

As of tomorrow the satellite that reaches Asia will be changed so no one will be able to pick up Supersport SA.

As of 6pm 1st june. Supersport is still functioning. A glimmer of hope Alfie? Have they forgotten us?!?

We're lookong for an internet radio station that isnt blocked in Thailand. (Any Ideas?) Also looking to do a deal so we don't have to pay RS 10,000B per TV just to show the bloody Thai commentary. Hopeful!

We're lookong for an internet radio station that isnt blocked in Thailand. (Any Ideas?) Also looking to do a deal so we don't have to pay RS 10,000B per TV just to show the bloody Thai commentary. Hopeful!

Talksport (don't need a VPN) and has Arri as co-commentator,triffic,happy days for the scammers :) .

Edited by alfieconn

there's a big delay between internet radio broadcast and live tv football coverage. you can end up with seeing something happen on the telly and then hearing about it five seconds later. highly annoying.

there's a big delay between internet radio broadcast and live tv football coverage. you can end up with seeing something happen on the telly and then hearing about it five seconds later. highly annoying.

yes, but you will have warning to look for the next offside call before he says it.

"Rooney flagged for offside" commentator says,

but Picture is showing Rooney getting a yellow card.

"Now Rooney gets carded for talking back to the ref"

but Picture shows Capello frowning.

"I wouldn't want to be Wayne Rooney after Capello is done with him"

but Picture shows Rooney intercepting the free kick and scoring from 40 yards.

"Amazing goal for England"

but picture shows - yellow flag raised.

Supersport channels still on today,also on my cable network is astro supersports2,wondering wether this channel will have the WC with English commentary?,and is this the same channel thats available on Astro?

PST.

Also just had a quote from Malaysian Astro,when asked about English commentary,he said yes,i then asked him if that was guaranteed,as this was my only reason for getting it installed,he then replied he would speak with Astro HO and let me know asap,so basically he wasn't 100% sure.

PST.

Astro is definitely showing World cup in English. I can guarantee this. Astro has Malaysian local channels RTM 1 and RTM 2 which are showing the World cup in English. They also have Astro Supersport HD in English.

By the way, my cable provider, hit cable tv has South Africa's Super sport 3 on their channel list and it has not been scrambled. English Commentary anyone?

Checked out the Astro website and the World Cup is heavily promoted on "Supersport HD". Using the TV guide i checked out the free local channels RTM1 RTM2 and others mentioned previously but i could not find any listings advertising World Cup matches.

Been to a few pubs and Supersport 3 is still available which is also the main World Cup channel.

Just called UBC. They confirmed no English commentary on their HD channel 111 nor is there English commentary available on free to air channel 3, 7, 9 or 11. RS bought the right to show picture only.

Apart from clearer picture what is the point of upgrading to True HD?

So you can come on here and brag about how much more clearly you see England lose in the quarters on penalties?

Second round.

Talksport (don't need a VPN) and has Arri as co-commentator,triffic,happy days for the scammers :D .

woulda thought hed miss a large part of the live action , chasing bluebottles :)

Talksport (don't need a VPN) and has Arri as co-commentator,triffic,happy days for the scammers :D .

woulda thought hed miss a large part of the live action , chasing bluebottles :)

Tapping up a top striker or two....sounds good to me!

Well, if we can't get the World Cup live it's gonna be a re-run of that Likely Lads episode for every England game!! Remember the one where the 'lads' rush in and out of places, trying to keep their ears closed, so that they don't hear the score of the Newcastle game being shown later!!! It's already feeling that way, sadly, so ear muffs and loud "la, la, la"s (whenever someone buts in to speak!) at the ready it is...!!! :)

Just a thought on getting the English commentary, how about calling someone in the UK with skype, getting them to turn up their telly and away you go. I haven't tried this so don't know about time delays, I guess the sound quality would depend a lot on how good their microphone is. I'm going to give it a try for the England USA game anyway.

I've been watching a few of these warm up games lately from South Africa. A lot of horn blowing going on.......I end up turning the sound down anyway to barely audible level. Could be in Swahili for all I'd know..just so long as I don't have to listen to them hornblowers! Watching the games in a loud bar might be the go boys.

Just a thought on getting the English commentary, how about calling someone in the UK with skype, getting them to turn up their telly and away you go. I haven't tried this so don't know about time delays, I guess the sound quality would depend a lot on how good their microphone is. I'm going to give it a try for the England USA game anyway.

It's a nice idea but i get the feeling some of you guys have never experienced what it's like to have the picture and the sound out of sync, even if only by a few seconds. It's a waste of time. Your eyes are seeing one thing, and your ears are hearing something different. It messes with your your mind and distracts you completely.

Only thing that would work is recording both sound and picture and watching once the game has finished, but really, who is going to be arsing about doing that?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Uk-Vpn-t369843.html

This thread on the computing forum is related guys, I found this link through it.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/38157-StreamPlayer2

The program streamplayer allows you to watch live streaming of english tv channels BBC1 or ITV. I've just tired it out on my true 4 mb connection and it won't buffer quick enough to allow a smooth stream, I would imagine if you have an 8 mb connection you would have more joy.

I've been watching a few of these warm up games lately from South Africa. A lot of horn blowing going on.......I end up turning the sound down anyway to barely audible level. Could be in Swahili for all I'd know..just so long as I don't have to listen to them hornblowers! Watching the games in a loud bar might be the go boys.

On the money with this reply Ned,i think it will become a bit of an issue if the majority of the crowd in most games are S African.

My worst nightmare would be to sit at a live game with thousands of bullloolas or what ever they are called going off around me :)

A loud bar with good company and a few beers and looking at horny blowers as opposed to listening to hornblowers sounds good to me! :D

In the first match you will have thousands of blowers and thousands of wavers :D could get tricky?

On the money with this reply Ned,i think it will become a bit of an issue if the majority of the crowd in most games are S African.

My worst nightmare would be to sit at a live game with thousands of bullloolas or what ever they are called going off around me :)

A loud bar with good company and a few beers and looking at horny blowers as opposed to listening to hornblowers sounds good to me! :D

In the first match you will have thousands of blowers and thousands of wavers :D could get tricky?

Do you know any pubs that will be showing the 1.30 am games? I am in bangkok.

Im in Jomtien and have this Sophon Cable in my apartment, theyve got 2 Supersports Channels that constantly seem to change, does anyone know if theyve got the WC games on?

Also ive looked on Supersports website and it doesnt show which channels the games will be on, does anyone have info on this.

The taxpayer funded BBC Worldservice seems to have no interest in giving us news on the WC ie whats happening in relation to teams, players, managers etc... , theyre just peddling the usual BBC propoganda in things related to SA, much the pity as ive only FOX and AlJazeera which have no WC news.