This Can't Be Samui, But It Is!

yantzen

Would'nt it be more sensible to wait until it's finished before deciding how it looks.....

Umm... No.

It currently looks like a hillside slum you might find in say Mexico City or Rio. I am sure that when it is finished it will be slightly more attractive than they are now but in all honesty, they have destroyed an entire hillside from top to bottom. Don't know how they intend to hide the 100's of 10 metre support pillars for a start. Simply ugly and will be an eyesore forever on one of the once least developed parts of Samui.

Would'nt it be more sensible to wait until it's finished before deciding how it looks.....

Umm... No.

It currently looks like a hillside slum you might find in say Mexico City or Rio. I am sure that when it is finished it will be slightly more attractive than they are now but in all honesty, they have destroyed an entire hillside from top to bottom. Don't know how they intend to hide the 100's of 10 metre support pillars for a start. Simply ugly and will be an eyesore forever on one of the once least developed parts of Samui.

Umm....agreed....Disgustingly Horrible

Build what you like

just grease palms to do it!

Indeed, this is Conrad

Dreadful, and on a par with the white monstrositys overlooking the airport.

Probably a stupid question but how do the architects get away with it?

:) Well may you ask. One can see the Conrad rape from Donsak ! and Bhundari's high density hillside huts on the Choeng Mon road is little better. And why have the three new resorts on South Chaweng road, Kirikayan, Chaweng Cabana and Chaweng Cove with hundreds of rooms been given building permits with no car parking ?

quantity and demand. if people are willing to buy or stay in the these places then people will keep supplying them. specialy in this world where evryone is in debit. for all we know these are already bought and sold off plan. just hope they finish the buillding or it could end up like tenerife ar spain wih loads of un finished buildings. personally can't stand it. there again if i was profiting from it i would not care what annody thinks. and allot of people are

Indeed, this is Conrad

:) Well may you ask. One can see the Conrad rape from Donsak ! and Bhundari's high density hillside huts on the Choeng Mon road is little better. And why have the three new resorts on South Chaweng road, Kirikayan, Chaweng Cabana and Chaweng Cove with hundreds of rooms been given building permits with no car parking ?

I think you mean Samui Resotel instead of Chaweng Cove. same owner though.

by the way, they have 87 rooms and not hundreds.

also, they only replaced an old Resort (Munchies) and built a new modern resort (in the owners opinion)

yes, you are right, they don't have any parking.

cheers from maenam

Yeah saw this most ugly of developments last week coming from Donsak. The entire side of the mountain is a complete eyesore. Disgusting !!!

Yes, i saw it and at the same time a big number of dead fish, with the usual other stuff you find in the water, coke, can, etc...

but never saw so many big dead fish, Nathon seems have a bit of clean water problem.... :)

i did not have with me my 20x camera but i remember there was 2 devastating building project going on on the Nathon side, and the Conrad one is at the end of the south cost.

Extremely disgusting buildings! Unfortunately I think that the residents wont notice!

The residents will have a beautiful unobstructed view of the sunset by the looks of it. Only the people on the ferry will have to look at it for 30 minutes - IF they are even looking that way in the first place.

Look on the bright side, they might send Paris here for the Grand Opening !!!!!!!!! :)

hear hear. if it is ugly then the law should require that more a class celebrites like Paris, Kristein AGilera, Anglela Jody, Maddona to Prop them up with some sexy dancing and of cause Lada Ga Ga.

This is a mst to broghten up the ugly building. they will brighten up my building :D

At last, civilization has come to Koh Samui.

It has taken a century to convince the locals that status means a swimming pool on the roof.

Now I'm just waiting for my local golf course to buildt.

Nah, the thai do not know how to insulate the roof, with this heat some years and all villas will have showers in every rooms :)

Indeed, this is Conrad

given the high number of crap blue roofed bungalows and tile floored econo villa's built on the island i find your question is ridiculous, especially given the fact that all concrete buildings look much the same until finished.

at least in these cases an architect, though perhaps of limited taste, was employed.

although upon an actual look at the very blurry picture, one could only hope the ground cover grows back.

unfortunately samui is already something of an armpit and seems intent on continuing that trend.

just last week i sat in an airport bus heading towards bophut with a group of tourist who complained the whole way about how ugly the drive was.

i just lauged and caught my connecting boat.

time on island less than 1 hour: another perfect stay on samui.