The Nation's New Exclusive Iphone Application Has Been Launched

george

useful addition

I like the Sky News app too.

I will definitely download this application. 'The Nation' is the most bestest newspaper in Thailand.

Is this okay, Thaivisa?

Oh yes, you are correct... this application sounds wonderful... I can access the news anywhere. I'll download this new application right away.

(this is my 4th attempt).

OK for me as well?

Don't bother. I just downloaded it. The app may be free, but it's only a 30 day trial. After that, the service costs US$3.99/month! That must make the Nation news app service the most expensive news subscription I have seen so far.

Just use Safari and look at their site for free if you absolutely have to have a Nation news fix and can't wait to check it out on your computer.

Nice Review from someone who read the promotion:

"For an English language newspaper, the English used in the app description here is pathetic. We hope that the Nation employs better English language editors and writers for their printed and electronic product. For example, what does this mean? "Innovations which The Nation's iPhone app can further excel". I haven't a clue..."

"Monkey See, Monkey Do" might be a better working title for this VAPORWARE !!!

Sorry! but what is an IPhone? I have seen them advertised but are they different from an ordinary mobile with GPRS

What is an iPhone? You're joking, right? Well, maybe not.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

iphone is a device made by apple inc the computer company. u touch the csrean to move through the the device and the apps (web sites) and or programs u download into it. the ipod touch is an inexpensive way 2 start t about$180-190 US u can download skype for free and make very chaep calls to anywhere and any mobil or house phone. it is also used largely for personl music down loads. like the ipod i just learnd of this in sptember so u are not too far behind me. no need for a phone company. u just need to be near a wifi system and try to log on to it. any airport, starbucks, hotel etc, has free wifi (wireless internet) u will have a problem logging on sometimes a technology isnt 100 percent yet and every company wants to make money but it is pretty god cheap way to call the world. most people with them will offer asistance with it if u have a problem. welcome to the new millenium dude

Sorry! but what is an IPhone? I have seen them advertised but are they different from an ordinary mobile with GPRS

What is an iPhone? You're joking, right? Well, maybe not.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

iphone is a device made by apple inc the computer company. u touch the csrean to move through the the device and the apps (web sites) and or programs u download into it. the ipod touch is an inexpensive way 2 start t about$180-190 US u can download skype for free and make very chaep calls to anywhere and any mobil or house phone. it is also used largely for personl music down loads. like the ipod i just learnd of this in sptember so u are not too far behind me. no need for a phone company. u just need to be near a wifi system and try to log on to it. any airport, starbucks, hotel etc, has free wifi (wireless internet) u will have a problem logging on sometimes a technology isnt 100 percent yet and every company wants to make money but it is pretty god cheap way to call the world. most people with them will offer asistance with it if u have a problem. welcome to the new millenium dude

Another nice feature that the iPhone has is spell checking as you tap, and also automatic full stops with capitalisation of the first words in sentences. Using an iPhone, you will not end up with marginally coherent text, such as above. :)

Edited by bubba

Don't bother. I just downloaded it. The app may be free, but it's only a 30 day trial. After that, the service costs US$3.99/month! That must make the Nation news app service the most expensive news subscription I have seen so far.

Just use Safari and look at their site for free if you absolutely have to have a Nation news fix and can't wait to check it out on your computer.

I have booked marked Nation on my Blackberry Browser and can get it anytime, anywhere (and Nation) at no cost. Eat your heart out iphone. :):D:D

I have booked marked Nation on my Blackberry Browser and can get it anytime, anywhere (and Nation) at no cost. Eat your heart out iphone. :):D:D

OK, cool. I have bookmarked in on my iPhone browser (Safari) and I can get it any time. And I can also access tens of thousands of applications that run on my iPhone, including a free Nation app (the one without the subscription). Can your Blackberry do that? If not...eat some crow.

OK, cool. I have bookmarked in on my iPhone browser (Safari) and I can get it any time. And I can also access tens of thousands of applications that run on my iPhone, including a free Nation app (the one without the subscription). Can your Blackberry do that? If not...eat some crow.

Why do you need to have an app view the Nation or any other website on your Iphone or Bberry? I use opera mini browser and all the websites I choose to look at are fine - and free.

edit to add just noticed new version for all phones - faster than safari they claim..

http://www.opera.com/mini/next/

Edited by bkkjames

Why do you need to have an app view the Nation or any other website on your Iphone or Bberry? I use opera mini browser and all the websites I choose to look at are fine - and free.

edit to add just noticed new version for all phones - faster than safari they claim..

http://www.opera.com/mini/next/

I agree. You don't have to have an application for websites or something like The Nation, but apps do make for easier use when they grab the information and present it for a mobile platform and display. AFAIK, The Nation doesn't have a mobile formatted entry, so there is a lot of resizing and moving around of pages to see what you want to see.

I agree. You don't have to have an application for websites or something like The Nation, but apps do make for easier use when they grab the information and present it for a mobile platform and display. AFAIK, The Nation doesn't have a mobile formatted entry, so there is a lot of resizing and moving around of pages to see what you want to see.

agreed, in addition to taking forever to load why can't they do something like ,,, http://timesmobile.mobi/

try it on your phone, even cnn is pretty good.