Australian Rules Football

Aussie Rules  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good game at the Gabba tonight. Freo just too strong and won by 13 points, but the Lions took it up to them till the end.

I predict Freo for the top 4 and Lions to finish 5th or 6th at season's end.

Have agree Freo are looking very good so far.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a mad Freo supporter I think the long trip back from Brisbane took a bit of shine off them last night.

They looked very tired in the second half last night.

I think they will do quite well this year recruiting Adam Mcphee this year was a big mistake but had another bad game last night but the young players are doing really well.

Go Freo

Im a mad Freo supporter I think the long trip back from Brisbane took a bit of shine off them last night.

I think they will do quite well this year recruiting Adam Mcphee this year was a big mistake but had another bad game last night but the young players are doing really well.

Go Freo

Your team is doing very well I think a certain finals contender and I predict 7th come finals.

Saints man

Go Freo

Your team is doing very well I think a certain finals contender and I predict 7th come finals.

Saints man

Saints down to 7th Essendon won by 12 points.

Another big win for Geelong last night the Blues on a roll downing Port and Hawks just get over the line against Richmond by 3 points.

My tipping is going down the gurgler :)

• 2 weeks later...

How can a professional football team, with all the expertise supporting it, including sports psychologists, win four games in a row against reasonable opposition and then lose five games in a row against both top and bottom teams? Brisbane have managed to do it this season. Of course they have injuries, but most sides have injuries, and their big gun, Jonathan Brown, has fallen off, but other guys, e.g Fevola and Black, have come good.

How can a side manage to kick more goals in the last quarter than in the rest of the game, e.g. Port Adelaide against Melbourne? Where did this roll come from? Melbourne are a young side, so I suspect it wasn't their tiredness that let Port back in.

I'm very interested in the psychology of team games. Too often have I seen remarkable comebacks, or losses that simply don't reflect a team's quality. Often a team that will lose by 90, 100 points one week will come up and win the next week. It's about much more than ability and strength. I wonder if there are any books on the topic?

• 3 weeks later...

Halfway mark of the season and who would have predicted Freo to still be in the top 4, saints, cats and pies for sure but the shockers unbelievable.

I don't think anyone would've seen that much improvement

in Freo. I think they will beat the Saints this week.

And on the other end of the scale, what about the fall of

WCE and Adelaide?

A long way to go though.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

• 1 month later...

If you want to watch the Rules at a bar, suggest Bradman's sports Bistro on Suk soi 23 where there are always plenty of experts to argue the merits of the various contenders and a pleasant atmosphere with excellent food and service.

• 1 month later...