Suspected Killers Of Thai Teacher Juling Gunned Down

webfact

SOUTH CRISIS

Suspected Killers of Juling gunned down

By The Nation

NARATHIWAT: -- A woman, wanted for the fatal assault on teacher Juling Pongkunmul in May 2006, and her daughter were shot dead yesterday at their rubber plantation, 4km from Ban Kujing Leupa village in Narathiwat's Rangae district.

About 100 police and soldiers showed up at the plantation to identify the bodies of Jaemae Hayae, 50, and her daughter Barati Labo, 25, after reports of a homicide. Inquiries showed the two were tapping rubber trees when they were ambushed and shot by an unknown group of gunmen, who fled with the victims' pistols.

Jaemae and Barati, wanted by the Narathiwat Court for allegedly conspiring to attack Juling, were reportedly sympathetic to insurgents and provided assistance to RKK gunmen. Police suspect the two were killed due to conflicts among the insurgents.

Juling was one of two teachers taken hostage in May 2006 at the Ban Kujing Leupa School by villagers who wanted to trade their freedom for the release of two men arrested as suspects for the murder of two Thai marines in 2005. Juling was badly beaten while held captive, which lead to her going into a coma and dying eight months later.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

an unknown group of gunmen?

Police suspect the two were killed due to conflicts among the insurgents??

Well, I'd be willing to bet that the unknown gunmen wear uniforms when they're not being unknown. :)

Extrajudicial killing? Almost certainly! Any particular loss to the human race? Certainly not.

I doubt if anyone will mourn these scum.

Extrajudicial perhaps? And under PM Abhisit's watch no less.

what does Abhisit have to do with this incident.... obviously your house in in your wifes name also... wash that stain off your Red shirt.... and put your brain in gear before you open your mouth.. better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you are an idiot, than to open it and verify the fact...

If it was good enough for Thaksin... :)

But if anyone being anti-insurgency did infact take the women out it was most likely a para-military group not under direct control of the government nor military.

an unknown group of gunmen?

Extrajudicial killing? Almost certainly! Any particular loss to the human race? Certainly not.

I doubt if anyone will mourn these scum.

Your the scum, if you talk about human life like that! A mum and her daugther wanted for beating up a teacher, sure. This fish stinks more than baraaa... Man grow a conscious. This is unbefknlievable!

:)

Edited by peacefulwarrior

If it was good enough for Thaksin... :)

But if anyone being anti-insurgency did infact take the women out it was most likely a para-military group not under direct control of the government nor military.

Whoa Nellie. Those paramilitary groups are armed and supported by the regular army. You can't dispute that, unless you are going to claim that the organized local "self protection" groups were falsely reported. This apparent murder has occurred under PM Abhisit's rule. I would not blame him for this as the military does not consider Mr. Abhisit or any elected official its "boss". I think the responsible parties identities are known to the local Thai military intelligence officers. At this stage, I think it is as unfair to blame PM Abhisit as it is to blame former PM Thaksin for the actions of people that acted illegally.

Please keep this thread civil and calm down.

Otherwise I will issue suspensions instead of warnings

Thanks for your attention

calm down mates, the truth behind the story WE will never know anyway, so its totally unnecessary insulting each other :)

guess its not really normal that women work in a rubber plantation wearing guns :D

calm down mates, the truth behind the story WE will never know anyway, so its totally unnecessary insulting each other :)

guess its not really normal that women work in a rubber plantation wearing guns :D

Correct.

The full story and actual facts will never be released to the public, so what`s the point in assuming anything.

I hope the title of the piece doesn't suggest that since their suspects are dead, and the case is put to rest...

BTW, there is an interesting doco titled 'citizen juling' which trails back to what happened and uncovers other interesting facts. A must see so as to get a better idea of what's going on down south.

and how can they be so sure that the killers ran away with the victims' pistols (plural)?? Seems the daughter was not a completely innocent bystander caught in the crossfire......

About 100 police and soldiers showed up

Why would 100 show up? That is an awful lot.

at the plantation to identify the bodies of Jaemae Hayae, 50, and her daughter Barati Labo, 25, after reports of a homicide. Inquiries showed the two were tapping rubber trees when they were ambushed and shot by an unknown group of gunmen, who fled with the victims' pistols.

How would it be known that the killers fled with their pistols. There is no mention of a family member stating that the were armed? Maybe there is more info in the Thai edition.

To add to the confusion, the OTHER newspaper says that they were killed by Muslim insurgents because they were informants working for the Thai Police or Army!

So which were they? Murderers of a Kindergarden Teacher or Police Informants? The only thing that the Newspapers agree on is that they were killed by Muslims, which is a highly questionable assumption.

Edited by otherstuff1957