Short Changed Twice In One Night!

Butterbean

I went to Gulliver's last night for drinks and a meal and after checking my bill there was a 180bt dish on there that we didn't order. This bill was amended immediately without and arguments but it just goes to show that it's always worth while to check every item on the bill.

I've got to say that the food at Gulliver's was excellent and the service and setting was really good. I'll definitley go back but I'll just check my bill!

Then we went down to the Hard Rock for a couple of drinks. I should have had change from a 500bt note but they only gave me change for 300bt. I mentioned the shortfall to the waitress and after 20 minutes the manager brought the money over without any fuss.

I think both errors were genuine and were both sorted without any hassle so I've not really got any complaints.

Just double check all bills.

Cheers,

Gary

A friend of mine went to a bar in soi 7, there was 2 thai men sitting at the bar as well, anyway he had a few drinks with his friend, then asked for check bin, he happily paid the bin, he looked down at his change, and realized that it was wrong. So he said to the cashier/bargirl, you have given me the wrong change. My friend was arguing for a little, and almost immediately the two thai men started saying no no, the change is correct. With that my friend got up, said ok, showed the cashier the change which had an EXTRA 500 baht bill in the change! quietly said 'som nom na' and left bar.

I also once gave a 1000 baht bill for a bin of about 600, the guy went away for about 2 minutes, then came back and said that I had only given a 20 baht note. I called the manager, and explained that IF I had given a 20 baht note, then the guy would have realised straight away, instead of disappearing for 2 minutes, then coming back. I got my money.

It happens so much, now if I give a 1000 baht note, I ask them how much it is that I am giving, of course they say 1000! job done

I made a point many years ago of NEVER offering a 1000 Baht note in bars/go-go's etc.

Just go to 7-11 with you 1000 baht bill and buy some tic-tacs for 10 baht and split the note.

What he said, unless you know the owner of the bar very well or you are well known in there by the serving staff.

It took. 20 minutes. to get your change right and you think that is sorted without hassle??

[/ quote].

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't arguing for 20 minutes. It just took the waitress 20 minutes to find the manager and sort it out. There wasn't any hassle on my part... all I had to do was mention it to the waitress amd it was sorted.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wasn't arguing for 20 minutes. It just took the waitress 20 minutes to find the manager and sort it out. There wasn't any hassle on my part... all I had to do was mention it to the waitress amd it was sorted.

How would that conversation go, either:

1. "Boss da falang say he give me 500 Baht but he liar. Give me only 300 baht", and the boss overules her and sides with you on what evidence?

or

2. "Boss, da falang say give me 500 Baht. I "make mistake" and give him change of 300 Baht", in which case she doesn't need his input at all.

Or do you think the wait was part of the strategy to see if you just gave up and left?

I understood what you meant.

But I would consider it a major hassle if I had paid my bill to go and someone brought me the wrong change and then made me wait 20 minutes to correct their mistake.

It's nice to finish my holiday on a good note.

We went to the Queen Vic Soi 6 for breakfast today and when it came to paying I gave the waitress a 500bt note instead of a 100bt note in the cash that I gave her. She saw my mistake after she had taken the money to the till (so she could have got away with it) and came back to the table to let me know.

I thought this was really nice of her and I gave her a larger tip.

Back to gloomy Britain tomorrow morning after another wicked 10 days in paradise! :)(

It's nice to finish my holiday on a good note.

We went to the Queen Vic Soi 6 for breakfast today and when it came to paying I gave the waitress a 500bt note instead of a 100bt note in the cash that I gave her. She saw my mistake after she had taken the money to the till (so she could have got away with it) and came back to the table to let me know.

I thought this was really nice of her and I gave her a larger tip.

Back to gloomy Britain tomorrow morning after another wicked 10 days in paradise! :D(

I gave the waitress a 500bt note

Clearly you were confusing this young lady with one from across the street the night before :)

Glad your trip ended on a positive "note"!