How Would You Like To See Pattaya Look In The Future?

maipenrai2010

Clean beach, modernize beach and demolish some of the existing buildings.

Less cars and a monorail.

International concert hall.

No hookers on Beach road.

A decent railway station with a decent train service connecting Pattaya with other parts of Thailand.

Eliminate vendors on WS. You step onto the street and 20 people shove things in your face (and boobs too).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a farang 'Samaritan' helpline should be introduced to help prevent the average of 175 farang suicides per year.

I would like to see steps taken for the removal of raw sewage from Pattaya Beach sea front.

I would like to see on-the-spot fines for Pattaya bar traders selling warm beer.

I would welcome the opening of a cheese factory in Pattaya.

I think a farang 'Samaritan' helpline should be introduced to help prevent the average of 175 farang suicides per year.

Pattaya despite its flaws is gaining a very good reputation for Alcoholics Anonymous therapy groups. More information can be found in the various weeklies. AA provides a time to share your feelings if you desire and you are assigned several buddies should you feel a moment of weakness.

All to say, you do not need to walk alone and perhaps gain perspective hearing other peoples' problems during their share time.

Here's info on a few groups.

http://www.aathailand.org/schedpatybreakfast.html

But there's also the Samaritan group:

Mental Health and Crisis Support

Samaritans of Thailand: A service for those seeking emotional support in times of distress or despair. 24 hour, 7 days a week answer phone service in English. Leave a number and they will call back within 24 hours.

• Samaritans of Thailand
    Tel: 02 713 6791 (English-language call back service)
    Tel: 02 713 6793 (Thai, English-speaking help is sometimes available but not guaranteed)

Pattaya is a perfect Family destination as is! :)

Apart from - garbage being strewn everywhere! clean it up please :D

Soi dogs, something needs to be done - apart from talking! :D

Traffic, only going to get to be even more intolerable, it seems to be the fashion to fit the nosiest exhaust system possible on the most inappropriate vehicles, trucks and buses loudly belching black acrid poisonous fumes wherever they please, I was behind a truck at traffic lights today who had modified his exhaust so that it was at motorcyclists head height so he could add blast them as he deemed necessary, laws need to be enforced! :D

if you all dont like it that much that you want it changed why dont YOU change and get the hel_l out of here.

lets get back to how it was I say.

Screw this family resort BS.

And no I am not a bar runner myself.

Woah.. chill out Dirk.. why don't you pop into town and get yourself a nice BJ.. get rid of some of that tension :)

Totster :D

for me , id like to see the beach totally cleaned up , more sand added and extended almost back to beach road with a breaker wall and fence seperating it from the road .

id like to see the modernisation and beautification of beach road continue from soi 1 all the way up to the corner of walking street . id like more and more international hotels , restuarants and bars to open on beach road and most of the existing buildings demolished .

id like to see the beach side of walking street demolished and a marina be built on its site .

id like to see soi six demolished and rebuilt as shops , restuarants and cafe bars .

id love to see soi 7 and soi 8 mostly demolished and again replaced by shops , restuarants , cafe type bars and boutigue hotels .

id love to see a no cars policy in pattaya town and a monorail system or underground opened to take people around .

id love to see a no parking , even of motorbikes on beach rd and any side sois between the beach and second road .

id like to see 3rd road become a shopping street with international brand name stores all along the street in much the same was as say argyle street or sauchiehall street in glasgow or bond street in london .

id like to see 2nd road become the main bar area in pattaya encompassing soi buakhao and all the other side sois that link the 2 .

id have no prostitution on the beach front , no freelancers hanging around and no hawkers , only licenced beach vendors .

id cut down the licenced premises to 1000 licences only and forcibly close all the rest .

id introduce mandatory health checks for girls in the bars as is done in angeles city .

id like to see a international standard sports stadium and an international concert hall as well as a decent theatre .

id like to see a decent railway station with a decent train service connecting pattaya with other parts of thailand .

id like to see a proper bus service operate in pattaya , jomtiem and the darkside .

lots more im sure , but you get the drift .

I'd like to see Soi six demolished and rebuilt as shops , restaurants and cafe bars .

Are you by any chance the Archbishop of Canterbury?

If Soi 6 was demolished, where would middle aged men with beer belly's and beer-goggles-attached go for a discreet weekly fumble, connection and discharge?

for me , id like to see the beach totally cleaned up , more sand added and extended almost back to beach road with a breaker wall and fence seperating it from the road .

id like to see the modernisation and beautification of beach road continue from soi 1 all the way up to the corner of walking street . id like more and more international hotels , restuarants and bars to open on beach road and most of the existing buildings demolished .

id like to see the beach side of walking street demolished and a marina be built on its site .

id like to see soi six demolished and rebuilt as shops , restuarants and cafe bars .

id love to see soi 7 and soi 8 mostly demolished and again replaced by shops , restuarants , cafe type bars and boutigue hotels .

id love to see a no cars policy in pattaya town and a monorail system or underground opened to take people around .

id love to see a no parking , even of motorbikes on beach rd and any side sois between the beach and second road .

id like to see 3rd road become a shopping street with international brand name stores all along the street in much the same was as say argyle street or sauchiehall street in glasgow or bond street in london .

id like to see 2nd road become the main bar area in pattaya encompassing soi buakhao and all the other side sois that link the 2 .

id have no prostitution on the beach front , no freelancers hanging around and no hawkers , only licenced beach vendors .

id cut down the licenced premises to 1000 licences only and forcibly close all the rest .

id introduce mandatory health checks for girls in the bars as is done in angeles city .

id like to see a international standard sports stadium and an international concert hall as well as a decent theatre .

id like to see a decent railway station with a decent train service connecting pattaya with other parts of thailand .

id like to see a proper bus service operate in pattaya , jomtiem and the darkside .

lots more im sure , but you get the drift .

Why not just go to Spain..... or, Portugal ?

Why not just go to Spain..... or, Portugal ?

The OP was booted from another forum as he was posting under the same IP on two other forums with two different Nics (3 forums, 3 nics, same IP and posting style of a banned/bottled member) and the third party (innocent bottled person) was being railroaded on the two other forums by the pally owners of the witch hunt, seemed amusing the owner of this forum started this same thread today and then the OP does it here......... hence i just cut and pasted the OP from the "other forum".............

I'd like to see Soi six demolished and rebuilt as shops , restaurants and cafe bars .

Are you by any chance the Archbishop of Canterbury?

If Soi 6 was demolished, where would middle aged men with beer belly's and beer-goggles-attached go for a discreet weekly fumble, connection and discharge?

:) Plenty of restaurants, and shops on soi6 already. Come to think of it who will be in these shops/restaurants - seems like you have converted Pattaya into one big mall.

1) Roads and sidewalks repaired and made safe for travel and walking.

2) Baht-Buses banished and outlawed.

3) Bangkok-style metered Taxis.

4) Tailors who solicit in front of their shops required to have their mouths duct-taped.

5) A "no clothing" requirement for the touts on Walking Street . . . :)