How Would You Like To See Pattaya Look In The Future?

maipenrai2010

ummmm....

any attempt to redo the beach is futile IMHO, as long as the water remains so dirty.

i'd like:

- a bit more organisation of baht buses, with defined lines covering third road, pattaya tai, klang, etc.

- crackdown on the meter taxis, meter taxis to be forced to use the meter with a minimum charge of 100 baht and callable by phone in english

- proper sidewalks with an enforced regulation saying that at least one meter must be free of any obstruction

- enforced pedestrian crossings on second road

- if the water quality problem can be tackled, test the water every day and post the results daily at the beach (jomtien too)

- hi speed train to suwannaboom and bangkok would be perfect

- develop low-cost long haul air traffic to U-Tapao, there is a long runway from B52 times, why not use it?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is all wishful thinking isn't it, hence my earlier post of the nuclear explosion! No matter what any of us want those in power will continue to build shopping malls, ignore the baht bus and traffic situation, do their best to attract more and more tourists to the area while failing to provide the necessary infrastructure. Yes it would be great to have pavements to walk on, clean beaches, no touts or prostitutes on Beach Road, a sensible taxi service, and all the rest of things that are needed to turn it into a first class resort. But hey, then it wouldn't be Pattaya and I for one would neither wish, nor could afford, to live here.

Accept it for what it is, it's got its faults, loads of them but it's what makes it Pattaya and short of levelling the place to the ground and starting again I reckon we're pretty much stuck with what we've got. It really can't be that bad or we wouldn't all be here!

It really is all wishful thinking isn't it, hence my earlier post of the nuclear explosion! No matter what any of us want those in power will continue to build shopping malls, ignore the baht bus and traffic situation, do their best to attract more and more tourists to the area while failing to provide the necessary infrastructure. Yes it would be great to have pavements to walk on, clean beaches, no touts or prostitutes on Beach Road, a sensible taxi service, and all the rest of things that are needed to turn it into a first class resort. But hey, then it wouldn't be Pattaya and I for one would neither wish, nor could afford, to live here.

Accept it for what it is, it's got its faults, loads of them but it's what makes it Pattaya and short of levelling the place to the ground and starting again I reckon we're pretty much stuck with what we've got. It really can't be that bad or we wouldn't all be here!

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't be here if it changed despite its' many, many faults.

However, if it could be erased and redesigned by a 5-year-old with a crayon and a post card, it would be better for tourists.

Do you think that could be arranged?

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Yes, I agree. I wouldn't be here if it changed despite its' many, many faults.

However, if it could be erased and redesigned by a 5-year-old with a crayon and a post card, it would be better for tourists.

Do you think that could be arranged?

Careful.......the next crackdown will be on 5 year olds found in possession of crayons!

for me , id like to see the beach totally cleaned up , more sand added and extended almost back to beach road with a breaker wall and fence seperating it from the road .

id like to see the modernisation and beautification of beach road continue from soi 1 all the way up to the corner of walking street . id like more and more international hotels , restuarants and bars to open on beach road and most of the existing buildings demolished .

id like to see the beach side of walking street demolished and a marina be built on its site .

id like to see soi six demolished and rebuilt as shops , restuarants and cafe bars .

id love to see soi 7 and soi 8 mostly demolished and again replaced by shops , restuarants , cafe type bars and boutigue hotels .

id love to see a no cars policy in pattaya town and a monorail system or underground opened to take people around .

id love to see a no parking , even of motorbikes on beach rd and any side sois between the beach and second road .

id like to see 3rd road become a shopping street with international brand name stores all along the street in much the same was as say argyle street or sauchiehall street in glasgow or bond street in london .

id like to see 2nd road become the main bar area in pattaya encompassing soi buakhao and all the other side sois that link the 2 .

id have no prostitution on the beach front , no freelancers hanging around and no hawkers , only licenced beach vendors .

id cut down the licenced premises to 1000 licences only and forcibly close all the rest .

id introduce mandatory health checks for girls in the bars as is done in angeles city .

id like to see a international standard sports stadium and an international concert hall as well as a decent theatre .

id like to see a decent railway station with a decent train service connecting pattaya with other parts of thailand .

id like to see a proper bus service operate in pattaya , jomtiem and the darkside .

lots more im sure , but you get the drift .

Agreed apart from 2nd rd becoming the main bar area.

:):D

2) Baht-Buses banished and outlawed.

3) Bangkok-style metered Taxis.

Baht bus is a good transport system. It just need of a little more regulations.

I am not fan to pay higher price for a "Bangkok-style" Taxis when a bahtbus can do it very well.

And you would need lot of more taxi than bath buss -> more traffic... not a good idea.

5) A "no clothing" requirement for the touts on Walking Street . . . :)

I do not understand what you mean there ??

Better for me to forbid all these guys (gogo touts, drug sellers, ...) from W.S..

I'd like the bib's actually implement the traffic and vehicle regulations. Not just fining farangs for not wearing a helmet on a bike. And NO women covered in black tents anywhere. And NO RUSSIANS!! And while I am on the no's, No trousers or shorts for working girls, mandatory skirts! Not necessarily super short, but skirts.

for me , id like to see the beach totally cleaned up , more sand added and extended almost back to beach road with a breaker wall and fence seperating it from the road .

id like to see the modernisation and beautification of beach road continue from soi 1 all the way up to the corner of walking street . id like more and more international hotels , restuarants and bars to open on beach road and most of the existing buildings demolished .

id like to see the beach side of walking street demolished and a marina be built on its site .

id like to see soi six demolished and rebuilt as shops , restuarants and cafe bars .

id love to see soi 7 and soi 8 mostly demolished and again replaced by shops , restuarants , cafe type bars and boutigue hotels .

id love to see a no cars policy in pattaya town and a monorail system or underground opened to take people around .

id love to see a no parking , even of motorbikes on beach rd and any side sois between the beach and second road .

id like to see 3rd road become a shopping street with international brand name stores all along the street in much the same was as say argyle street or sauchiehall street in glasgow or bond street in london .

id like to see 2nd road become the main bar area in pattaya encompassing soi buakhao and all the other side sois that link the 2 .

id have no prostitution on the beach front , no freelancers hanging around and no hawkers , only licenced beach vendors .

id cut down the licenced premises to 1000 licences only and forcibly close all the rest .

id introduce mandatory health checks for girls in the bars as is done in angeles city .

id like to see a international standard sports stadium and an international concert hall as well as a decent theatre .

id like to see a decent railway station with a decent train service connecting pattaya with other parts of thailand .

id like to see a proper bus service operate in pattaya , jomtiem and the darkside .

lots more im sure , but you get the drift .

Stop condo developers

have some lovely park areas

cut baht buses by 80%

Cleaner sois

Done great place for all those lovely Russians people!!!!!!!

"5) A "no clothing" requirement for the touts on Walking Street"

"I do not understand what you mean there ??

Better for me to forbid all these guys (gogo touts, drug sellers, ...) from W.S.."

I wasn't referring to "guys" or "drug sellers", but the cute little sexy girls that they always place out in front of the Bars holding signs in hopes of luring customers. Once you're inside the Bar, none of the girls inside look anything like the little cuties ( touts ) that lured you into the Bar. They look more like their grandmothers! :)

With any luck the entire area will be nuked and development can start over again with some proper planning.

Right now the "future" of the area looks very bad.

But I am not what you would call an "optimist."

The future worldwide looks bad.

My human optimism phase starts about 200 years from now (wish I could be around to see it).

I'd like to see more Russians, Germans, Europeans, Asians, Arabs...anything to drown out the constant (and often LOUD) whining and moaning from the English speakers. :)

And from whence do you hail, pray tell? And not wishing to whine or moan but aren't German's counted as Europeans? :D

I'd like to see more Russians, Germans, Europeans, Asians, Arabs...anything to drown out the constant (and often LOUD) whining and moaning from the English speakers. :)

And from whence do you hail, pray tell? And not wishing to whine or moan but aren't German's counted as Europeans? :D

Yes Germans are Europeans, I left out the word "other" before Europeans. I am from Australia and yes, I do whine and moan occassionally but I try not to do it too loudly. :D

Perhaps the non-English speakers do whine and moan too; but since I don't understand them, they somehow seem more agreeable than the English speakers I meet, whose typical reply to a polite "how are you?" is seen as an invitation to moan about how unlovely life in Pattaya is. So I do prefer it if Pattaya is a nice mix of different nationalities lest one group of foreigners start to think English (and all things Anglo) ought to be the parallel culture/language of Pattaya vis-a-vis the often heard whine "oh, why can't they speak English" !

* At least 50% - 60% less baht buses

* ZERO tour buses on the small roads and beach road

* Enforced smoking laws EVERYWHERE

* Metered Taxis (real ones)

* Vehicle e-checks (emissions checks) - Need to clean up the air.

* Very high speed internet for international use. 30mbps download or so, with at least 10mbps upload.

* Get rid of the motobike taxi mafia outside every building who takes up parking spots. Let the consumers park in the front.

* Get rid of the vendors who take up the parking spots that the motobike mafia does not.

* Street dogs. GONE!

* Double prices for Falang. (hey, I can dream)

* All go-go bars topless. Honestly, what good are those places if you can't see their boobies all the time?

* Clear out the hookers on the beach in the day time. Let them come at night if they must, but don't bother me in the day.

* Aggressive jet ski and boat touts. Tone it down a notch or two.

* Ditch SWAT, Tourist Police, and any other group of Falang who want to be cops here. GONE! Since you are generally useless, there is no reason to be here.

* Get those poorly produced "news" channels off the air. They are horrid. It's like high school kids making public access TV news.

* BRING BACK THE OLD WALKING STREET SIGN!!!!

* At least 50% - 60% less baht buses

* ZERO tour buses on the small roads and beach road

* Enforced smoking laws EVERYWHERE

* Metered Taxis (real ones)

* Vehicle e-checks (emissions checks) - Need to clean up the air.

* Very high speed internet for international use. 30mbps download or so, with at least 10mbps upload.

* Get rid of the motobike taxi mafia outside every building who takes up parking spots. Let the consumers park in the front.

* Get rid of the vendors who take up the parking spots that the motobike mafia does not.

* Street dogs. GONE!

* Double prices for Falang. (hey, I can dream)

* All go-go bars topless. Honestly, what good are those places if you can't see their boobies all the time?

* Clear out the hookers on the beach in the day time. Let them come at night if they must, but don't bother me in the day.

* Aggressive jet ski and boat touts. Tone it down a notch or two.

* Ditch SWAT, Tourist Police, and any other group of Falang who want to be cops here. GONE! Since you are generally useless, there is no reason to be here.

* Get those poorly produced "news" channels off the air. They are horrid. It's like high school kids making public access TV news.

* BRING BACK THE OLD WALKING STREET SIGN!!!!

That is not a difficult list to enact, and what a difference it would make.........but of course, it won't happen! Good thoughts though but, double prices for falang? I thought we already had them or are you looking for a reduction on the instances where we are charged 10-fold in National Parks etc?

less russians , less english beer drinking loud mouth thugs who cant hold their own pi*h , more whores on beach rd well better looking ones anyway :) , cleaner beach with no floating shi*s and rubbers , no jetski mafia scum on beach,