Where To Buy An Airgun In Phuket?

kirmizi

I've got a real problem with birds where I live. I've tried everything to scare them away still they sit on my balcony and sqwak non-stop starting at sunrise. I know you can get airguns in Patong along the beach road but I'd rather not buy from those rip-off artists if I can help. Does anyone know where I can get one from a decent shop?

...need to register intended purchase to purchase one legally, observe a cool down period and then register the actual purchased weapon with your local cop station!B

You may have to go to bangkok for this, never saw a Gunshop outside Bangkok!

Really ?? For air guns ??

I know mates have bought airsoft high power ones locally from shops.. Think that one in Central sells them.. I know thats not BB gun power but would do the OP's purpose (not that I like the sound of it but then I am not being woken up)..

So; because these birds are of annoyance to you, you are seriously considering killing them ? ? ? ? ? ?

:)

Hey; hallooooooo;this is a Buddhist country, you're living in (with the stress on "living") - who gave you the right to "kill" innocent birds ? ?

:D

If that is the best solution you can come-up with, you are to be pitied ! !

How would YOU like it, if something BIGGER than you found YOU annoying and simply opted to put YOU down for it ? ? ?

There's got to be a better way, without resorting to ending lives . . . .

Geez,

JGK

Ornitologist

It's funny these guns are so inaccurate that it's impossible to know where the next shot will actually go. Don't worry jaapfries as OP won't hit or kill anything with this, but the noise will scare the birds away.

There is a shop in Central that sells such things, I just can't remember which floor it is on.

It sounds like the problem lies with the OP, not with the birds....

There are many ways to discourage birds without blowing their brains out. WD40, as previously suggested, is a good one for railings. Why not stop the birds from sitting on the balcony by placing dense plants where they try to sit.

Or use the tried and trusted scarecrow! Buy a stuffed animal - tiger, lion or similar and place it in a prominent position on the balcony. You could also by a lucky Chinese cat with it's waving arm, or something similar that has a continuous movement.

But perhaps the best option in your circumstances is to sell the condo and buy one without a balcony :)

Simon

So; because these birds are of annoyance to you, you are seriously considering killing them ? ? ? ? ? ?

Hey; hallooooooo;this is a Buddhist country, you're living in (with the stress on "living") - who gave you the right to "kill" innocent birds ? ?

How would YOU like it, if something BIGGER than you found YOU annoying and simply opted to put YOU down for it ? ? ?

Geez,

JGK

Ornitologist

Oh dear!

Edited by hansnl

...need to register intended purchase to purchase one legally, observe a cool down period and then register the actual purchased weapon with your local cop station!B

You may have to go to bangkok for this, never saw a Gunshop outside Bangkok!

not correct

there is a gunshop in every major town, in Phuket its opposit the bus-station for mini-buses to Surat. In Surat Thani there are 2 shops, both in old town

to get a real gun, a lisence is needed to purchase it. when purchased, bring gun to police (usually dealer goes with you, in BKK only one policestation handles this), have it registered. Later your local Amphur issues a new lifetime lisence for each of your guns, allowing you to keep it, but loaded with max 10 bullets. you are allowed to keep as many bullets as desired though, even in clips/magazines. you are not allowed to carry it in public.

airguns are sold and kept without any lisence

regarding birds, there are several effective ways to keep them off your property as suggested by other posters, but a gun is not

Edited by katabeachbum

Geez,

JGK

Ornitologist

Oh dear, dear!

(BTW, it's orithologist)

It's funny these guns are so inaccurate that it's impossible to know where the next shot will actually go.

Inaccurate ?

Don't you know that air rifle is an Olympic sport ?

It's so precise on 10m distance than many (good) competitors got full score.

Yes this is the most calm, friendly and sincere buddhist country ever, they would never hurt a sole would these dear dear people

It's funny these guns are so inaccurate that it's impossible to know where the next shot will actually go.

Inaccurate ?

Don't you know that air rifle is an Olympic sport ?

It's so precise on 10m distance than many (good) competitors got full score.

I'm sorry to tell you that the airguns here for 4000 baht aren't quite up to Olympic standards and are highly inaccurate. I've got one and over 30 metres the plastic pellet can be as much as 5-7 metres away from the previous shot.

I'm sorry to tell you that the airguns here for 4000 baht aren't quite up to Olympic standards and are highly inaccurate. I've got one and over 30 metres the plastic pellet can be as much as 5-7 metres away from the previous shot.

Plastic pellet??? Try using lead....

Sounds like you have a BB gun, plastic projectile. Air guns use lead composite and from a rifle are very accurate. .

Well theres 3 kinds being described.. Airgun, BB gun (which I think is US centric ??) and airsoft..

Airsoft is whats really easy to get in many shops here..

But I would vote for the WD40 for a while and see if that does it.

Really ?? For air guns ??

I know mates have bought airsoft high power ones locally from shops.. Think that one in Central sells them.. I know thats not BB gun power but would do the OP's purpose (not that I like the sound of it but then I am not being woken up)..

Yes, FYI: wanted to get a Co2 powered handheld in Pahurat/Bkk -

shop couldn't sell unless I come with license application from the BiB's!

Well as I say.. Airsoft is sold in the shops no questions asked..

airsoft is sold in the shops, but age 18. useless for birds, very inaccurate.

CO2 is rather powerfull, but must be some misunderstanding about "license application from the BiBs". Lisences for province residents (your seems to be Surat) are issued by Amphur, not BiB.

Not that I am promoting the killing of birds, but certain models of airsoft guns have very reasonable accuracy for up to 10 or 15 meters and are more than powerful enough to kill birds. I have used mine to kill rats before. It fires at 480ft/sec and can be upgraded for even higher velocity. You will find that the single shot guns (such as sniper rifle models) are both more accurate and powerful than the automatics and semi-automatics. Having said that, they do not have a patch on proper bb or air rifles but for these you need a license that will be difficult if not impossible for Mr. Joe farang to obtain.