Drilling A Borehole

Can anyone help me?

I live a fair way out of the local village up in the hills and the government water supply is somewhat erratic to non existant in the dry season and I need to drill a borehole.

The problem is that I am working in Pakistan and my wife and her friend tell me that the government has passed a law banning borehole drilling completely due to fears of subsidence.

Unfortunately as I am unable to read Thai I cannot find any information to say that this is true or not so I am limited to Google etc searches in English, not that I don't believe her, but up where we live the only local government people we see are the trash men.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or does it mean we need to get a licence to drill?

cheers :o

Personally have not heard of any such law. Who were you considering to undertake the water well drilling? They should be aware of any new legislation. I was quoted 10,000 baht a few month ago and nobody mentioned any law.

I know there has been considerable concern in the North East over recent years regarding subsidence caused by mining activities. This is due to the area having a claystone base unlike most of the rest of Thailand. However a single water well causing subsidence I haven't heard of. But then this is Thailand and most Government Ministries haven't a clue. :D Now if you were a Canadian Company wanting to ravage the whole area it would be OK, at a price. :o

Thanks for the info guys.

I don't know who my wife has talked about for drilling but I do know where we live is mostly dirt and rock and not claystone so it should be OK.

The problem is then when she gets an idea in her head it is very difficult to shift it.

I will be back in a couple of months and I will try to arrangr a meeting with some drillers at home and see if that works or perhaps go to the local Amphur and check with them.

Cheers Bill