How To Dispose Of Thai Flags

billd766

I have several Thai flags that we have had at the house over the years and they are worn out, shredded and torn in places due to the elements.

Buying new flags is easy but how can I dispose of the old ones.

Burning them, chucking them in the trash bin etc is probably not the best way of doing it and it will probably cause a few problems.

Does anybody know the best (or any) way of getting rid of them? :)

I've never seen any Old Flag Graveyards on my travels so maybe its not a big Issue.

I've just asked the Missus, She's no Idea but shares your concern as Thai People are funny about these things, her words not mine. she says 'Hide it and dump it' which I think translates to dump it discretely. Why not double bag e'm . who's to know, or get the missus to deal with it

If i were youd id not throw them away even discretely, as a cat or dog would probably go into your bin and reveal your evil plot ... maybe wait until you go to the Cambodian border near that temple and burn them in public when you get there, this way youll make friends in you new country and solve your rather serious flag problem all in one swift move. :)

Cut them in half, length-wise. They will then turn into some other country's flags (Holland, France) and can now be disposed of safely.

Thought it was obvious. :)

That is real bad advice now you are insulting me as a Dutch person. Im honour bound now to hunt you down and kill you in the most gruesome way i can :D

Please burn pictures of our royalty with the flag, may the monarchy fall before we get a new king to replace Beatrix.

I don't understand why countries are so nationalistic, USA and Thailand both nuts about flags and their country.

Just do what you do with any other sensitive things like bank statements, bills, etc reduce them to a form where no information can be obtained. Tear them at the stitch line and they become coloured pieces of cloth, one blue, two each of red and white.

Just do what you do with any other sensitive things like bank statements, bills, etc reduce them to a form where no information can be obtained. Tear them at the stitch line and they become coloured pieces of cloth, one blue, two each of red and white.

True enough.. i dont see a real big problem if you do that..

where you buy the new flag...give them the old flags. That should work I think......

Now that is a good idea and something I had not thought of.

Thanks a lot.

I know that in the west nobody seems to care about the national flags and you can do almost anything to them unless you are English and try to fly the cross of St George and get jumped all over by the PC mobs telling you not to alienate the minority groups.

It is also difficult to explain to them that the true English are a minority in their own country but that is a separate rant.

Proper way to dispose of a flag.

Cut the flag along the colors.

This so all the colors are separated from each other.

Then you can either shred or burn the various colored rags.

Out of respect they should be destroyed and not used as rags for other purposes.

Not kidding.

This is the proper way to do ot.

Really not that many countries in the world where they make underwear, etc out of their flag, and at the same time react when other people burn their flag.