Thailand's Economic Recession Is Over

Thai economic recession is over

BANGKOK: -- Thai stocks and the baht currency rose to their highest levels in over two weeks after recent government's economic report confirmed that the one-year Thai economic recession is now over.

Thailand's GDP rose by 5.8 per cent from a year ago in the fourth quarter of last year, which is better than expected, Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij said on Monday.

However, the ongoing political unrest remains a big concern to the Thai economic recovery, Korn added.

The National Economic & Social Development Board said that the domestic consumer demand has also improved, and that the Thai economy should grow by 3.5 to 4.5 per cent this year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Everything's set, everything's fine, you've just got to stand in line. Oh and there's the minor irritant of the recently acquired

1,200,000,000,000 baht loan to pay back....That's not much for such a wealthy land is it eh?

Rush to the banks boys and get in line!

As Thatcher said at the sinking of the General Belgrano battleship (with the loss of 323 lives)

"Rejoice. Rejoice at that news"!

This finance minister is not to be trusted. I think he's incompetent.

Is there any independent review of Finance Minsitry statistics in Thailand? Or can they just make stuff up.

As Thatcher said at the sinking of the General Belgrano battleship (with the loss of 323 lives)

"Rejoice. Rejoice at that news"!

Is there any independent review of Finance Minsitry statistics in Thailand? Or can they just make stuff up.

I think " Finance Minsitry statistics " can be anything they want them to be ...........

look at China, look at what they found in Greece, look at bullsh*t statistics USA comes up with

every month :)

Everything's set, everything's fine, you've just got to stand in line. Oh and there's the minor irritant of the recently acquired

1,200,000,000,000 baht loan to pay back....That's not much for such a wealthy land is it eh?

this stuff you ingest... do you do it by smoking, injecting (intravenous or subcutane), snuffing or just swallowing? :)

p.s. important question: is it legal?

I despair Naam, I really do, there's always going to be that faction here who insists that tomorrow, all the Thai business people will be back in the fields planting rice, you simply can't fight it - it has something to do with upbringing, I'm sure.

This bias on this forum is amazing. The bears and conspiracy fanatics can't see a positive outcome if they stepped on it. Hey, I get it the market is going to go down in the future and some bad things will occur (e.g., bank closures, unemployment...). When are you going to come to grips with the fact that you called the markets drastically wrong the last year and were part of the reason many average Joes pulled out of the market and missed huge returns. Funny, most the calls on this forum I saw last year were after the financial collapse - genius!

This is one of the most entertaining forums on the internet. Facts are completely irrelevant and avoided whenever possible.

Is there any reasoning or justification behind either of those accusations or are they simply incredibly stupid comments that I have demeaned myself replying by to.

this stuff you ingest... do you do it by smoking, injecting (intravenous or subcutane), snuffing or just swallowing? :D

Hey what about suppository? 'Slow release, custom made,prefect for your needs' :)

Edited by neil324

this stuff you ingest... do you do it by smoking, injecting (intravenous or subcutane), snuffing or just swallowing? :)

I remember that you once asked whether there was a minimal IQ level to make a post on TV when there clearly isnt.

I mean is there any indication that the guy who wrote that post actually understands half the words in your reply.

This bias on this forum is amazing. The bears and conspiracy fanatics can't see a positive outcome if they stepped on it. Hey, I get it the market is going to go down in the future and some bad things will occur (e.g., bank closures, unemployment...). When are you going to come to grips with the fact that you called the markets drastically wrong the last year and were part of the reason many average Joes pulled out of the market and missed huge returns. Funny, most the calls on this forum I saw last year were after the financial collapse - genius!

This is one of the most entertaining forums on the internet. Facts are completely irrelevant and avoided whenever possible.

I dont think it is unhealthy to question the integrity of what governments are telling people right now because

so many of them are involved in " spin ".

If you are American, as an example you must be aware that the statistics they are feeding the citizens

of USA are fantasy and why should people have any more trust in the Thai government statistics ?

Is there any reasoning or justification behind either of those accusations or are they simply incredibly stupid comments that I have demeaned myself replying by to.

You are right in calling me out on this - I momentarily mistook his cheerleading as emanating from the mouth of serial dissembler Kasit Piromya.

this stuff you ingest... do you do it by smoking, injecting (intravenous or subcutane), snuffing or just swallowing? :D p.s. important question: is it legal?

I remember that you once asked whether there was a minimal IQ level to make a post on TV when there clearly isnt.

I mean is there any indication that the guy who wrote that post actually understands half the words in your reply.

let's give him the benefit of doubt, 'in dubio pro reo!' :D although the evidence he himself submitted [1,200,000,000,000 baht loan] will make it tough to convince the jury to issue a "not guilty" verdict. :)

facts spoil interesting stories... most of the time :)

I fear the latter.. Korn's accomplishments are internationally recognised and respected, despite tremendous challenges the Thai economy is doing remarkably well.

I recall reading that HSBC remarked that most of this upturn is due to domestic demand, rather than exports, which have been improving too. Even tourism is picking up, try booking a hotel in Phuket for Songkran. Whilst Bangkok occupancies underline the fact that its not all unicorns and roses, its certainly not doom and gloom everywhere.

Edited by quiksilva

I fear the latter.. Korn's accomplishments are internationally recognised and respected, despite tremendous challenges the Thai economy is doing remarkably well.

I recall reading that HSBC remarked that most of this upturn is due to domestic demand, rather than exports, which have been improving too. Even tourism is picking up, try booking a hotel in Phuket for Songkran. Whilst Bangkok occupancies underline the fact that its not all unicorns and roses, its certainly not doom and gloom everywhere.

Or find a vacant spot on a Pattaya beach for a quicky

An interesting and quite comprehensive, but long perspective on the pending doom.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17736

An interesting and quite comprehensive, but long perspective on the pending doom.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17736

Party pooper :)

the non-doom&gloomers who did not miss huge returns last year will have much less problems riding out any potential "pending doom" than the gloom&doom hardliners :)