Alien Workers Face Immediate Deportation From Thailand

webfact

The labour office in Ranong couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 2nd day we have been down today. Got there at 8:35 and my wife was 135 in the queue. By 11:00 they had got to 34. There are people there with 30 and 40 Burmese laboureres. We are trying to process 1. There are 2 people doing the processing, and the boss is talking to people she knows more than working. We still have to go back tomorrow. We are leaving home at 7. :)

The labour office in Ranong couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. 2nd day we have been down today. Got there at 8:35 and my wife was 135 in the queue. By 11:00 they had got to 34. There are people there with 30 and 40 Burmese laboureres. We are trying to process 1. There are 2 people doing the processing, and the boss is talking to people she knows more than working. We still have to go back tomorrow. We are leaving home at 7. :)

go at 6am...bound to be worse on the second last day!

BTW I'm very glad I have 3 'alien workers' and they have the right docs, 15 and 16 year old Burmese sisters who 'live in' and a more experienced Burmese caretaker for old mum 2 mornings/week, without them life would be impossible here because in the past 'non-aliens' proved us enough they work like sh*t and are totally unreliable and unmotivated...

How difficult is the process to legally employ Burmese? Any info would be appreciated.

BTW I'm very glad I have 3 'alien workers' and they have the right docs, 15 and 16 year old Burmese sisters who 'live in' and a more experienced Burmese caretaker for old mum 2 mornings/week, without them life would be impossible here because in the past 'non-aliens' proved us enough they work like sh*t and are totally unreliable and unmotivated...

How difficult is the process to legally employ Burmese? Any info would be appreciated.

very difficult if you are not Thai, do not have a thai wife and no "connections". a Farang who has connections has to shell out ~10,000 Baht every year to keep the employees legal.

Not difficult with a Thai ID..

Is the person you want to employ here legally already? If so, then it is a matter of switching employers. The employer also needs to request a 'quota' from the local labour department to hire a foreign worker. It is automatic, but the first step in the process.

If not, then the government usually opens the window once a year (around june) for illegal workers to become legit. They also have to get a medical check up, and with the new rules, have their nationality verfied. But that process is outlined once a year in June/July.

If you want to do it as a farang, then it may be a bit more difficult. It may be technically possible, but you have to ask. I suspect that if Naam's friend is paying 10K for it to happen, then it is possible to do it legally, just not as straightforward.

Fees' to get things processed are around 6K all up.

This was the process I posted last year. unsure whether it will change this year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Registration...ao-t277986.html

Edited by samran

I have a Thai wife, so that's OK. We've tried employing Thais, both locally and from upcountry, however they don't want to work and/or head home after a week or so.

Some ppl have told my wife to be careful as they may leave taking everything with them. We'd like them to look after the property during weekdays while we're away. There's not much to do.

If we treated and paid them fairly, I'd be guessing they'd stay. It seems in our area, all hard work is done by Burmese, with Thai men basically doing nothing.

I have a Thai wife, so that's OK. We've tried employing Thais, both locally and from upcountry, however they don't want to work and/or head home after a week or so.

Some ppl have told my wife to be careful as they may leave taking everything with them. We'd like them to look after the property during weekdays while we're away. There's not much to do.

If we treated and paid them fairly, I'd be guessing they'd stay. It seems in our area, all hard work is done by Burmese, with Thai men basically doing nothing.

I'm of the same opinion. The burmese get a hard rap by Thai's, but it probably due to jealousy. They are the hardest workers about. Our last Thai maid made off with most of my wife's jewlery and hocked it, and she was a crap maid anyway (like all the ones before). Never again will I hire a Thai maid I said....

We pay our maid 10K per month and we give her BUPA health insurance for her and her daughter and she is worth it, if not more. We also try and give her as much baby sitting work, after hours, as she wants so she earns more. She also borrowed some money off us last year and she is paying it back bit by bit each month.

Happy to pay it.The lady processing her work permit raised her eyebrows when I told her how much we are paying and she said she'd come to work for me instead. Knowing that I'm supposed to offer a job to a Thai before a migrant worker I asked her if she could speak English and cook western food, luckily, she said no.....

I fell overmyself to get her paperwork in order, and now we are actually trying to get her to Australia as a refugee as she really doesn't have a LT future in Thailand.

My wife is that fed up with alll the bs we go through. She said if the current couple want to move on, she'll hire Thai's in future. I might have to consider locking them in. Thai blokes only work until they've enough for the Lhao Khou.