Anyone Else Experiencing Slow Internet For Past 24 Hours?

steelepulse

Been worse than usual for the last 5 days or so. It comes and goes, sometimes good and fast, sometimes unusable for an hour or more. I've seen in other forums that precipatation is a problem with ADSL lines. Has anyone else heard this or noticed a connection between the weather and BB problems?

3BB

In chalong, and slooooow the last couple of days...

...someone mentioned a fire at one of the ISP's!?

I'd like to light a fire under some of them. Writing potcards would be faster than my email.

Not a techie - but these don't sound good - from the TV speedtest - download 681, upload 218. And that is an improvemnet on yesterday.

I used to have a lot of static on my phone line as well as countless cuts and slowdowns in Net service. I called TOT and got them to check my phone line. The phone sounds clearer now and my BB has been fast and steady for 48 hours which is about 48 times longer than the best I got before. I'm not sure if this would solve anyone else's problems, but do consider having your phone lines checked. It can't hurt (I think).

I have now for about 3 weeks a 3BB 3MB premier ADSL and I’m very happy with it.

Average speed to the states and Europe is about 4.5 MB download speed with speedtest.net.

My lowest speed was about 1.5 mb for a few minutes.

BTW the speed is controlled in the router which they give to you and not in the server like in other countries. :-)

I live in Kathu and I have a new ADSL line to my house connected to a new and almost empty TT&T distribution box in my street.

• 3 months later...

2 days cat telecom been slow as hel_l..

i am using the new Rawai Cable and Broadband deal ,cable plus 10m internet 1250 per month , been on it for a week solid and its very good , best i have had here for sure ,downloads are quick as hel_l ...... i am lucky as its available in my street ..... made a difference no more waiting and waiting ......

2 days cat telecom been slow as hel_l..

i am using the new Rawai Cable and Broadband deal ,cable plus 10m internet 1250 per month , been on it for a week solid and its very good , best i have had here for sure ,downloads are quick as hel_l ...... i am lucky as its available in my street ..... made a difference no more waiting and waiting ......

just did a speed test ........... bangkok server download 5875kbps, upload 498kbps, ping 214ms

singapore download 8266 kbps , upload 500 kbps, ping 209 ms

Cheers CdM