90 Days Reporting At Another Immigration Office

Yesterday 23/2 I did my 90 day reporting, date stamped was 2/3, so I can confirm you can do the reporting up to 7 days before the day on the stamp.

But my question is: my next reporting date is May 23, but then I might be in a different part of Thailand. Would it be possible to do the reporting at an immigration office there, or do you have to do it at the immigration office in the province where you reside?

I am aware it should be possible to report by mail, but the last time I questioned my local immigration office about this, they said that you have to come in person.

Some offices seem to accept it, but the official rule is now that you have to do it at your own regional office and nowhere else.

It appears indeed that some offices want you to come in person, however the law self clearly states that it can be done by mail. Most times immigration will accept it by mail, as they will have to. Just make sure you do it by registered mail and with a self addressed stamped envelope.

...and keep your registered mail (usually EMS) receipt. Immigration offices will usually accept your show of receipt if they claim not to have received your report. Last time this happened to me, I printed out a tracking report from the online EMS tracking service, showing a signature of someone who received it in their office, and attached it to my receipt. Hard to argue against. :)