Bringing Wifes Thai Sister To The Uk From The Usa For A Holiday

Hi does anyone know what we would need to do to bring my wifes thai sister over to the UK from the USA for a holiday. she has only been married for a year so is not a US citizen etc yet but she would like to come for a holiday. Whats the best process as we dont want to mess up her staying in the US long term?

Even though she lives in the US, she will need a visit visa as she is a Thai national. Although being married to (presumably) a US citizen and resident in the US will remove most of the concerns about leaving the UK at the end of her visit; especially if her husband is coming too.

There are three places in the United States where she can submit a visa application: New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. For which states are covered by which office and details on how to apply see How do I apply? and the links from that page.

You may also find the following useful:

Guidance - Visitors (INF 2)

Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3)

I don't know how leaving the USA will effect her immigration status there, I'm afraid.

• 2 months later...

If her husband is a US citizen, she should have no issue getting the UK visa and it will not effect on anything. I believe she got the green card by now since they have been married for a year.

Edited by crystal8