Buying Car In Chiang Mai

Deez

Hi

After looking at a few used car places and seeing how expensive they are here I have decided to purchase a new Honda. I was wondering if anyone can tell me from experience what office(salesperson) they are happy with.

Also, how much of a discount or extras can be had?

Lastly, Is it possible to finance with no thai guarantor and large 40% deposit.

Any info is greatly appreciated

I don't know much about the Honda people here but right now I am in the middle of trying to purchase a new Mitsubishi Triton from a dealer. I wanted to make the purchase with a 25% down payment, putting it in my TGF and my names and they were good with that. However, when they found we were not married (they should of asked before writing up the deal but didn't) they wanted to do the whole thing (financing and ownership) in her name only because they could not do it with my name if we were not married ( I don't think this is ture but that is what they told me). I am still going back and forth with them on this issue and I am not getting anywhere. I really don't have much of a problem in doing it all in her name as it will leave me off the hook and she is willing to chip in 50% of the down payment if I make the all the payments.

The dealer is telling us that all the rules are set by the finance company or bank and not the dealership. So my suggestion would be to have the dealer file all the financing paperwork and get approval before you make a down payment. If they want a down payment before you get the financing keep it to just enough to cover the dealers expense in filing the loan application which should be no more than 3,000 baht.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

BB

I don't know much about the Honda people here but right now I am in the middle of trying to purchase a new Mitsubishi Triton from a dealer. I wanted to make the purchase with a 25% down payment, putting it in my TGF and my names and they were good with that. However, when they found we were not married (they should of asked before writing up the deal but didn't) they wanted to do the whole thing (financing and ownership) in her name only because they could not do it with my name if we were not married ( I don't think this is ture but that is what they told me). I am still going back and forth with them on this issue and I am not getting anywhere. I really don't have much of a problem in doing it all in her name as it will leave me off the hook and she is willing to chip in 50% of the down payment if I make the all the payments.

The dealer is telling us that all the rules are set by the finance company or bank and not the dealership. So my suggestion would be to have the dealer file all the financing paperwork and get approval before you make a down payment. If they want a down payment before you get the financing keep it to just enough to cover the dealers expense in filing the loan application which should be no more than 3,000 baht.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

BB