Virginity

mark45y

Virginity  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thread, however does still leave one question unanswered in my mind. Given a Thai woman is still a virgin at 30 is virginity important until marriage or at 30 is she too old by Thai standards to care about it anymore?

Depends your priorities I guess.

Mrs Meom sold her virginity for 25 thou at age 27.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'm guessing she means "A", as most replies on this topic indicates.

10 to 1 she can still remember, who, when and where and give you a play by play.

Now that we have established you are not one of us, over the hill gang, let me let you in on a little secret about memory, virginity, and sex in general, in reverse order. All sexual encounters are memorable, virginity or not never was a huge determining factor on the final outcome for either participate, dam.. I forgot what the topic was you were discussing.

The virginity of a 25 years old girl is worth more than when she's 27?

I would guess the reverse, the older she is, the more precious is the virginity.

If it has any value, that is...

You sure learn every day on this forum :)

The thread, however does still leave one question unanswered in my mind. Given a Thai woman is still a virgin at 30 is virginity important until marriage or at 30 is she too old by Thai standards to care about it anymore?

Depends your priorities I guess.

Interesting. Who was the buyer? You? :)

Your tree doesn't go all the way up to the top branch, does it mark45y?

How's about choosing a partner based on whether or not you like that person, get on well with them and feel as though you are compatible, just a suggestion like.

That is a western ideal not a Thai ideal. I could go to my Thai family and ask them to arrange a marriage for me tomorrow. I could give them the qualifications I require and it would be arranged. No problems, no questions asked. The wife would be a faithful companion till I died. I would also have obligations, fidelity would not be one of them. Discretion would be.

Is family compatibility more important than personal compatibility? Is the reason that virginity is important, folk tradition or folk wisdom. I think I know enough Thai women to declare indisputably that the family will always be more important than the spouse especially a western spouse. I also think that a Thai woman can get along with almost anyone if they want to.

This brings up all sorts of issues. Do you feel bad paying a couple of hundred thousand baht for sin sod for a virgin as opposed to a twice divorced bar girl with three kids?

As I grow older I realize each day that I am only as happy as a woman wants me to be.

As I grow older I also realize that the woman I know before marriage is not necessarily the women I will know after marriage. Arranged marriages might not be such a bad idea. Is a traditional Thai family going to insist that the woman be a virgin? You betcha.

Does past performance determine future behavior? It sure does!

It might be a weird topic to discuss on a public forum (unlike the rest of TV discussions :) ) but the replies are a lot worse, I don't see why everyone is attacking Mark like that.

I have also met a few ladies here (some over 30) who were virgins (oh, and I'm a woman so no, I didn't "check" but I don't see why my friends would lie to me about it). These girls would not consider having sex before marriage. It seems all of you who claim to have been here for a long time and know Thailand so well don't realize that, beyond the sleezy part, there is also a very conservative Thailand where virginity is important and part of being "a good girl". (especially up country)

And I think that it is a real concern, if a girl (or her family) really thinks she should be a virgin until she finds "the one" then yes, it could mean a big responsibility on the shoulders of that man. I once knew a guy who had a short relationship with a girl and then her family started chasing him trying to get him to marry her, because she wasn't a virgin anymore!

Good post, peanut. For those very things you mentioned is why I stay strictly to "professional" women. I personally don't WANT a long term relationship... I was already married twice, and twice was enough. However, I still very much enjoy the company of women. It is for the WOMEN'S sake that I don't get involved with women in search for a husband. I don't want there to be any great expectations or hurt feelings when nothing proceeds from a platonic friendship.

I believe you are correct in your assessment of many Thai women in their late twenties and early thirties... many ARE virgins. But, as I've mentioned so many other times, there is no one size fits all. There are exceptions to EVERY rule. Everyone has choices and we should all accept the consequences of the choices we make.

How's about choosing a partner based on whether or not you like that person, get on well with them and feel as though you are compatible, just a suggestion like.

That is a western ideal not a Thai ideal. I could go to my Thai family and ask them to arrange a marriage for me tomorrow. I could give them the qualifications I require and it would be arranged. No problems, no questions asked. The wife would be a faithful companion till I died. I would also have obligations, fidelity would not be one of them. Discretion would be.

Is family compatibility more important than personal compatibility? Is the reason that virginity is important, folk tradition or folk wisdom. I think I know enough Thai women to declare indisputably that the family will always be more important than the spouse especially a western spouse. I also think that a Thai woman can get along with almost anyone if they want to.

This brings up all sorts of issues. Do you feel bad paying a couple of hundred thousand baht for sin sod for a virgin as opposed to a twice divorced bar girl with three kids?

As I grow older I realize each day that I am only as happy as a woman wants me to be.

As I grow older I also realize that the woman I know before marriage is not necessarily the women I will know after marriage. Arranged marriages might not be such a bad idea. Is a traditional Thai family going to insist that the woman be a virgin? You betcha.

I agree with most of what you wrote... until the last sentence. Past performance doesn't always determine future behavior. I've known many bar girls who completely changed (or the better) once they were married. I've also seen the many that haven't.

BEWARE - Patsy's got her fat western feminazi suit on today.

What a load of <deleted>. What did he call it - a virgin ?! And he talks about knowing about hymens? You wouldn't know a hymen if it slapped you in the face. But then you just poke them don't you? Never got down there and seen one...

To the OP - Did you hang the blood stained sheet out of the window whilst the natives did a dance around the cow they had just slaughtered?

By the way, through lack of use - mine has grown back.

BEWARE - Patsy's got her fat western feminazi suit on today.

What a load of <deleted>. What did he call it - a virgin ?! And he talks about knowing about hymens? You wouldn't know a hymen if it slapped you in the face. But then you just poke them don't you? Never got down there and seen one...

To the OP - Did you hang the blood stained sheet out of the window whilst the natives did a dance around the cow they had just slaughtered?

By the way, through lack of use - mine has grown back.

Go get him, Patsycat. Love yah, gal.

:)

This thread raises 2 questions (rhetorical, answers not required):

Why would anyone bother to enter responses to this poll, or be interested in the result.

If markyboy puts it in as far as, but not to break, the hymen; is the female still technically or, more to the point ( :) ) morally, a virgin.

j

I agree with most of what you wrote... until the last sentence. Past performance doesn't always determine future behavior. I've known many bar girls who completely changed (or the better) once they were married. I've also seen the many that haven't.

Not all but certainly much of the worlds decision making is based on the premise that past performance determines future behavior.

How do you pick a doctor, stock broker?

Why to schools grade students?

When you go to a dentist do you first ask other patients how they were treated?

When you go to a restaurant do you read reviews of previous diners?

My last wife’s ex husband looked much too happy after he was told I was marrying her. I should have known. He even told me with a big smile on his face, “you think she’s cute, you think she is great in bed, you’ll find out.” He walked away laughing. I should have known.

Why would anyone bother to enter responses to this poll, or be interested in the result.

If markyboy puts it in as far as, but not to break, the hymen; is the female still technically or, more to the point ( :) ) morally, a virgin.

j

Hymen can break when riding a bicycle or horse riding, etc. A broken hymen does not always mean a woman has had sex.

Of course having sex for the first time is special, but the way the OP talks about it is beyond belief (some of which i quoted earlier). I had thought that my isolating and quoting certain things said would make the point clear enough..but unlike just about everyone else...marky just didnt get it. This has gotta be a troll post..its gotta be..right? Do people really actually think and talk this way...??

Sorry, I meant goat instead of cow.

And another question - was it good for her (the virgin) cos i remember my first time and it was hel_l.

To answer your question, the first two, no. It was in a car and dark and there was blood everywhere. It was more like pain and then panic. The third had a hymen like iron and it wouldn’t break. She, we tried everything. Eventually she went to a doctor to have it removed. The fourth was great for me until I realized she was a virgin and then I felt awful. I had known her for years and well it’s a long story. The fifth and sixth were OK we had discussed it at length before and were in college.

The first in Thailand was a surprise to me. I stopped and got up and dressed. I asked her why she had not told me. She replied she had told me, “she had never had a Farang before.” I countered with, “she had not told me I was the first man.” Something got lost in the translation. The next was interesting. It was like an act of passage for her. The next day she was very happy woman. She seemed relieved of a burden and had a permanent smile on her face. The last was more like exploratory surgery. No consummation I only wanted to find out if she was telling the truth.

I hope that answers your question.

j

Hymen can break when riding a bicycle or horse riding, etc. A broken hymen does not always mean a woman has had sex.

Of course having sex for the first time is special, but the way the OP talks about it is beyond belief (some of which i quoted earlier). I had thought that my isolating and quoting certain things said would make the point clear enough..but unlike just about everyone else...marky just didnt get it. This has gotta be a troll post..its gotta be..right? Do people really actually think and talk this way...??

Eek consider since I have lived in Asia for some time I don’t understand you either. I have no idea what you mean when you say, “ Do people really actually think and talk this way.”

Could you be a little more specific? You see, now I think you must have misread my posts because I know I am perfectly rational. The posts that you are quoting from above I did not write!

Thai girls dont like to sleep around

some do

but 80 % dont so its not un common to find a good girl

How many partners a woman has had constitutes whether she is a "good girl" or not... ? Huh...?

Edited by eek

Eek consider since I have lived in Asia for some time I don’t understand you either. I have no idea what you mean when you say, “ Do people really actually think and talk this way.”

Could you be a little more specific? You see, now I think you must have misread my posts because I know I am perfectly rational. The posts that you are quoting from above I did not write!

The quotes from my first post mark (post #8)

Creepy

Why do you post? What is creepy supposed to mean? Sex is a perfectly normal function. Why would this creep you out? You notice that I am drawing no conclusions from what you said about your sexual experience or lack of it. I am only asking a question.

Wouldn’t it be nicer instead of throwing out one word answers that you constructed a complete thought and let people know what was on your mind. This is not a TV show. You don’t need one liners or one word answers we have time to read your thoughts.

Even if you just want to insult me because you have no opinion on my posts it would be far better to insult me in a way that I would understand. Right?

What good is an insult if I am not insulted? Creepy does not insult me. You could have said “purple” with the same result.

The quotes from my first post mark (post #8)

Sorry Eek I still don’t know what you mean. I think you are being dismissive and don’t want to quote what I said that struck in poor taste or trollish or whatever. Don’t lose any sleep over it. I only respond so you will know I am not ignoring you.

Ok...lemme think ...

If a woman engages in CONSENSUAL sex with a man, its her choice. If she is a virgin, and choses not to tell you, its her choice. If she tells you, its her choice. What is EXPECTED of you, as an intimate partner, should be something discussed before hand, regardless of whether a woman is a virgin or not. If she is a virgin, and she expects marriage after sex, then she should let you know this. Its her choice to have sex with someone before marriage. The fact is, you are not responsible for someones choice. If its something that concerns you, then maybe just dont date virgins!