Four grenade attacks damage Bangkok Bank branches

george

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bomb exploded in front of Bangkok Bank's headquarters Saturday night

BANGKOK: -- A bomb exploded in front of Bangkok Bank's headquarters on Silom Road on Saturday night, shattering the bank's window, police said.

Police are also alerted about a suspicious object, possibly an explosive in front of the Bangkok Bank's Rama II branch.

Police and bomb squad rushed to both scenes.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

URGENT! Bombs Go Off At Two Bangkok Bank Branches

UPDATE : 27 February 2010

BREAKING NEWS! Reports indicate that two bombs have gone off at two different branches of the Bangkok Bank. One at the main headquarters on Silom Road, where a taxi was damanged. The other location was at the Rama 2 branch, where the bomb was reportedly a dud. No injuries or deaths have been reported so far.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-02-27

Bomb exploded in front of Bangkok Bank's headquarters Saturday night

BANGKOK: -- A bomb exploded in front of Bangkok Bank's headquarters on Silom Road on Saturday night, shattering the bank's window, police said.

Police are also alerted about a suspicious object, possibly an explosive in front of the Bangkok Bank's Rama II branch.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-27

no injury or death, same as the university bomb, the army headquarters bomb, the court bomb.

the more cynical of us would suggest these are staged.

The more cynical amongst us would be idiots to discount the affects of bomb attacks in Silom even if there was nobody hurt.

no injury or death, same as the university bomb, the army headquarters bomb, the court bomb.

The more cynical amongst us would be idiots to discount the affects of bomb attacks in Silom even if there was nobody hurt.

staged bombs, pretty obvious really to those not festering with hatred for the red shirts. People should wait for proof before blaming the reds, this could be turdgate all over again.

effects, not affects.

staged bombs, pretty obvious really to those not festering with hatred for the red shirts. People should wait for proof before blaming the reds, this could be turdgate all over again.

Too simple. Perhaps reds wanting to give the impression they were staged bombs. That could provide justification to rile up their more militant elements.

effects, not affects.

Too simple. Perhaps reds wanting to give the impression they were staged bombs. That could provide justification to rile up their more militant elements.

this is possible, but then again it is possible they were planted by yellows, blues, army so let's not jumpt to conclusions as to who planted them.

Update:

Bomb blast hits Bangkok Bank's Thanon Silom Branch

BANGKOK: -- A bomb exploded in front of Bangkok Bank's Thanon Silom branch on Pan Road Saturday night, shattering the bank's windows, police said.

There was no reports of injuries. Meanwhile police are also alerted about a suspicious object, possibly an explosive, in front of the Bangkok Bank's Rama II branch.

The bomb attack took place one day after the Supreme Court found runaway ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra guilty of all charges including abusing of power during his terms. The Court also seized his Bt46 bn out of frozen Bt76 bn.

The Bangkok Bank has been targetted by the red shirts who alleged the bank executives have had close ties with Privy Councillor chief Gen Prem Tinsulanond. The red shirts rallied in front of the bank's headquarters a few weeks ago.

Thaksin blamed "Amatiya" as being behind the court's rulings against him and behind his ousting.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-27

Good on you for being the first to mention the reds. Pre-emptive propoganda?

Channel 3 news just gave it about a minute's report. It didn't look like the headquarters, but a branch on Silom. The front window of the bank was shattered, a glass phone box smashed and a couple of cars, including a taxi had their windows shattered. Surprisingly little interest shown in it really.

effects, not affects.

And please tell why I should not suspect the red shirts?

It is possible it's them, surely?

And did you see sae daeng on the red TV station today, spewing out hatred and suggestions of violence???

I would post my thoughts but I'm about to step out for some drinks in Silom - will post when I get back.

savvy decision, everyone should be posting after drinking some refreshing beer, especially on complicated matters as this one :)

Since I live on Silom Soi 3, 2 minutes from the Bangkok Bang Headquarter. I just took a litte stroll there.

There is about no more than 10 policemen and 2 police pickups. No sight of a shattered window or a damaged taxi. Not even a journalist or photogtapher.

In any case I would have heard if a bomb had exploded. I used the ATM there. I wanted to go inside for that service but was directed to the street booth where a Bank security man allowed me in. I had a close view of the biulding and the area.

As far as I am concerned nothing to worry.

Since I live on Silom Soi 3, 2 minutes from the Bangkok Bang Headquarter. I just took a litte stroll there.

There is about no more than 10 policemen and 2 police pickups. No sight of a shattered window or a damaged taxi. Not even a journalist or photogtapher.

In any case I would have heard if a bomb had exploded. I used the ATM there. I wanted to go inside for that service but was directed to the street booth where a Bank security man allowed me in. I had a close view of the biulding and the area.

That's because it wasn't at the headquarters, as the title says, but a branch further along Silom.

Ah, yet another media beat-up then. Figures.

These bombs are more like fireworks. Not a serious bomb attacks Thankfully.

It does make one wonder who is behind it. I think it is reasonably safe to to think that these are just Tactics. Using them to discredit the other party

But by who That is the question.

These bombs are more like fireworks. Not a serious bomb attacks Thankfully.

It does make one wonder who is behind it. I think it is reasonably safe to to think that these are just Tactics. Using them to discredit the other party

But by who That is the question.

The firework could torn you apart like shattered glass.