Good Doctor Or Clinic In Patong

thaiswimmer

My favourite is Dr Chusak in Kata Beach. From near the Gas Station take the road down to the beach, look for his clinic on the right side of the road.

Edit because I mixed up right and left. :)

Edited by hkt83100

My favourite is Dr Chusak in Kata Beach. From near the Gas Station take the road down to the beach, look for his clinic on the right side of the road.

Edit because I mixed up right and left. :)

I think he is everyone's favourite at the moment.I was chatting to him the other day and he said he was very tired as he had just seen 60 patients in 4 hours.

I recommend the mission hospital in Phuket town. Very cheap and very professional. Run by Seventh Day Adventist Church. Got a diabetes test and it was something like 400 baht. Twenty five years ago I got my two front teeth capped for 3,000 baht. Never had any trouble with them.

Dentist was an old Dutch lady. She told me she had to identify the bodies of the people murdered and burnt by Charles Sobraj. She was very old and would be dead by now. Always had very good treatment at this hospital. Very quiet in the past but a lot of Thais go there now.

60 patients in 4 hours is 4 mins per patient. Less the time it takes to walk in and out and describe what's wrong that leaves about 8 seconds for him to examine you. I hope he was exaggerating the number of patients otherwise he might not be such a good choice. I wouldn't want to be his sixtieth patient of the day.

Edited by kirmizi

I recommend the mission hospital in Phuket town. Very cheap and very professional. Run by Seventh Day Adventist Church. Got a diabetes test and it was something like 400 baht. Twenty five years ago I got my two front teeth capped for 3,000 baht. Never had any trouble with them.

Dentist was an old Dutch lady. She told me she had to identify the bodies of the people murdered and burnt by Charles Sobraj. She was very old and would be dead by now. Always had very good treatment at this hospital. Very quiet in the past but a lot of Thais go there now.

Charles Sobraj.Now that's a name from the past.

I was sitting in a restaurant in Goa back in the 80's when all hel_l broke lose in the restaurant next door.

Turns out they were arresting Charles Sobraj and an English guy.

Got quite interested in him after that.

Evil but very clever scary guy.

60 patients in 4 hours is 4 mins per patient. Less the time it takes to walk in and out and describe what's wrong that leaves about 8 seconds for him to examine you. I hope he was exaggerating the number of patients otherwise he might not be such a good choice. I wouldn't want to be his sixtieth patient of the day.

Probably exaggerated as we all know 1 hour in Thai means 2

I recommend the mission hospital in Phuket town. Very cheap and very professional. Run by Seventh Day Adventist Church.

That might have been true in the past, but nowadays it's a very busy hospital as it's the only Phuket hospital that caters for those people on the government heath card scheme. I tried to get my annual medical exam there last year, but it was just bedlam in the reception area. Nowhere to sit, many people standing, all the staff very harassed, could not even get an appointment. I will not be back.

I use the International Hospital, doctor's fee 400 baht, and I buy any medication at my local pharmacy. I would also recommend Dr Chusak in Kata if you just want a GP.

That might have been true in the past, but nowadays it's a very busy hospital as it's the only Phuket hospital that caters for those people on the government heath card scheme. I tried to get my annual medical exam there last year, but it was just bedlam in the reception area. Nowhere to sit, many people standing, all the staff very harassed, could not even get an appointment. I will not be back.

I use the International Hospital, doctor's fee 400 baht, and I buy any medication at my local pharmacy. I would also recommend Dr Chusak in Kata if you just want a GP.

Up until last year Vachira was also available for the government health scheme, has that changed?

Up until last year Vachira was also available for the government health scheme, has that changed?

Oh, I thought it was only Mission when the scheme started about 4 years ago (? my guess). I can only say that I would not recommend the Mission since the health care scheme started as the Mission is far far too busy and overstretched. IMHO.

Oh, I thought it was only Mission when the scheme started about 4 years ago (? my guess). I can only say that I would not recommend the Mission since the health care scheme started as the Mission is far far too busy and overstretched. IMHO.

You have a choice when you first get your Social Security card and then once every year after that. You can choose to go with the Government Hospitals, Patong and Vachira, or you can choose to go to Mission (the only non-government hospital). Living and working in Patong one usually chooses Patong Hospital.

Living in Patong, I use Dr. Wattana's Clinic when I am not sure what is going on. He fluent in English and has been practicing here for 20 years. If I cut my finger I use the ER at Patong Hospital.

Living in Patong, I use Dr. Wattana's Clinic when I am not sure what is going on. He fluent in English and has been practicing here for 20 years. If I cut my finger I use the ER at Patong Hospital.

Whereabouts in Patong is Dr. Wattana's clinic? Thanks.