Double Entry Tourist Visa

Just received my first Thai tourist visa - a double entry one. I am trying to make sure that I have figured out the correct timeline on the two entries so I can accurately book my R/T flights from the States, have it down as to when I need to activate the second entry, and that I can activate the second 60-day entry by land. I have tried to be a good student of this forum; so let's see if I got it right:

1. I am a US-citizen with my shiny new tourist visa just issued in NYC on 25 Feb. 2010 with an Entry Before date of 24 May 2010. It is a double entry visa. From my understanding, that by a grey-haired one on Gingko Biloba, I must activate my second entry before 24 May 2010. If I activate the second entry on 23 May 2010, I will be able to stay in country for 60 days until 22 July 2010(and be able to extend it for another 30 days - until 21 August 2010 - inside Thailand at a local immigration office).

2. Given #1 above, then to get the full 60 days on my first entry, I must enter Thailand on or before 24 March 2010. If I entered Thailand on 24 March 2010, that would give me a first 60 day period running until 23 May 2010.

3. Then on 23 May 2010, I could do a quickie daylight land border crossing at Mae Sai or Mae Sot to activate my second entry. I would not need to fly out and back to activate that second entry.

Okay, did I get a passing grade or do I need to up my dosage of Gingko Biloba?

Thanks....

Yes, both entries must be used before the visa expires. Both entries can be extended by 30 days by paying 1,900 baht at immigration and submitting a form and passport photo.

To activate the second entry you must leave the country, but can indeed just use a land border. In that case you need to enter and exit another country (and pay for the visa for that country) before you re-enter Thailand.

• 5 weeks later...
sure it is a double ??

i have a 2entry from october and it expire in april ( 6month)

:)

Some consulates give the double-entry tourist visa a validity of only 90 days or three months, others give a validity of 180 days or six months. Sometimes, even the same consulate uses different validity periods for it. I have all kinds in my passports from the Thai embassy in Berne, Switzerland, even single-entry tourist visas valid for six months, but that was 11 years ago. Later, they made it valid for three months only, sometimes for 90 days.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_y_Tbsh-5pqo/S7UePct3...06%20months.gif

A genuine tourist, ie not a person using tourist visas back to back tor a long-term stay in Thailand, should have no difficulty getting a double-entry tourist visa valid for six months at a Thai consulate in his country of residence. I believe the application form of most consulates asks for the travel dates and if the two dates are more than 90 days apart it should be clear to them that you need a validity of six, not three months. I usually enclose my travel itinerary with the application and a cover letter mentioning that I am applying for a double-entry tourist valid for six months when I need this type of visa.

--

Maestro

Does anyone know if the Royal Thai Consulate in Los Angeles will issue a double entry Tourist Visa? Their website has a link for Tourist Visas and an additional link for US Passport Holders applying for Tourist Visas and next to the amount, $35 per entry, are the words "No multiple entries"??? I know from Apil 1, a single entry Tourist Visa is supposedly exempt from any fee--but, as I have seen, some consulates honor that and some do not, or are slow to do so. Additionlly, someone mentioned in this thread that they got a two entry Tourist Visa in NYC from the Thai Consulate there? Of course, this is Thailand--each consulate makes, ammends, changes the rules as they seem to wish!

Has anyone gotten a two entry Tourist Visa recently from the Los Angeles Thai Consulate?

Thanks

I have a question for anyone who has the knowledge....

I am currently on a double entry tourist visa which is due to expire on the 17th of May....after I've used my 1 month extension for 1,900 baht. I am in Phuket at the moment. I want to get another double entry tourist visa.

Does anyone know the closest place that I can go to, to get another one? I'm hoping Kuala Lumpur do them as thats close and a fairly cheap option.

Thanks