Where Can I Eat Oatmeal?

Anyonwe know where I can get good quality oats in a restaurant? I think oatmeal looks disgusting as it is, but, I used to eat it every single morning when I'm in the U.S. or Japan. My stomach is missing it for its positve effects. Any suggestions in BKK? Thanks.

I can see the listing on the menu now:

'#47: Oatmeal, special for falang, discount price...' :D

you can get Quaker Oats in most supermarkets (big round tin, produced locally)...just add hot water in a coffee mug. When I have fresh fruit available toss into the blender with MY MAGNIFICENT, SUGARLESS, HOMADE PLAIN YOGURT, add some milk et voila...perfect bowel movement every time... :)

Go to Villa Market and try "Lowan" brand, wholegrain rolled oats.

They come in a 1-kg yellow bag, from Australia.

I, too, used to eat Quaker oats all the time when in the US.

But Lowan blows Quaker away.

Best oats I have ever tried, and awesome for oatmeal cookies.

The one restaurant in Chiang Mai that served Oatmeal at breakfast Just got sold. :D That should say something. :)

To those saying I should make it myself need to understand that the places I'm staying don't have stoves or heaters, and the situation is not so dire that I need to cut a coffe can, get a torch and do things as I were camping. Plus, I used to slow cook my oats, so I don't really want to just pour hot water into a bowl of sugary oats.

I may not have a choice though :D

Does anybody know where to get steel-cut oats? Or, as it is often called Irish oatmeal? I've never had rolled oats that can compare to them in flavor. Rim Ping Supermarket in Chiang Mai used to carry steel cut oats under the name of porridge oats, but no more. Until I find them, I will go with the Chefheat's recommendation for Lowan oatmeal. He hasn't let me down yet.

Also, I believe that the restaurant Gotlost referred to is Bake and Bite and it didn't really close. Just one branch out of 3 closed and that only because the owner wanted to concentrate on her new larger restaurant. The old place was very successful right up until the end. I couldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty confident she is still serving oatmeal at her 2 other locations.

The restaurant that is replacing Bake and Bite in its old location, will be serving oatmeal.

By the way, I did notice that Old Fashioned Quaker oats are newly on offer at Rim Ping.

Does anybody know where to get steel-cut oats? Or, as it is often called Irish oatmeal? I've never had rolled oats that can compare to them in flavor. Rim Ping Supermarket in Chiang Mai used to carry steel cut oats under the name of porridge oats, but no more. Until I find them, I will go with the Chefheat's recommendation for Lowan oatmeal. He hasn't let me down yet.

Also, I believe that the restaurant Gotlost referred to is Bake and Bite and it didn't really close. Just one branch out of 3 closed and that only because the owner wanted to concentrate on her new larger restaurant. The old place was very successful right up until the end. I couldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty confident she is still serving oatmeal at her 2 other locations.

The restaurant that is replacing Bake and Bite in its old location, will be serving oatmeal.

By the way, I did notice that Old Fashioned Quaker oats are newly on offer at Rim Ping.

Thanks for the info. As I'm in BKK right now though, I won't be going to Chiang Mai just to get some Oatmeal.

sorry, dropped the k, 1500 sq kmtr

Thanks Track,

I am in the Petchaburi, Central Worl, Platinum Mall area at the moment.

I may look into the place you mentioned.

In the meantime, to tie this, and my other thread about cake and pie together, I will let you know that at the Emporium (Soi 35 Suk.) you can get the most delicious Oatmeal Raisin cookie at the French bakery they have there on the 5th floor. I say this not so you loving bastards will attack the place and leave none for me, but rather so that you may sample 1 if you happen to be in the area. I went in search of Carrot Cake and Apple Pie. The Carrot Cake was alright, the apple pie was better, and the OAtmeal Raisn cookie was BEST!!

• 2 weeks later...