Malaysian Hacker To Be Extradited From Thailand To US In US$150 Million Fraud Case

webfact

CREDIT CARD FRAUD

Court agrees to extradite Malaysian to the US

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court ordered on Thursday Gooi Kok Seng, a Malaysian man wanted by US authorities in connection with credit card fraud of US$150 million, to be extradited.

The US had asked the court to hand over the suspect, aka Del Piero, to face charges of illegal possession of a data access device, illegal dealing in a data access device and hacking into a computer in the US.

After concluding from evidence the suspect was the man wanted by the Americans, the court ordered him to be detained for 30 days before his extradition to the US.

The suspect was reportedly key member of a gang that had stolen credit card information from patrons of restaurants and department stores in the US, and then sold the data to Asian gangs to make counterfeit cards for sale.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

They truly are the policeman of the world these days. More and more people who have never stepped foot in the US before are being extradited there to face charges on crimes committed in other countries.

I'm surprised Thailand are so willing to send people there. In the UK the then home secretary David Blunkett signed an extradition treaty a few years back which is now in effect and the results are the US doesn't even have to show evidence before an extradition will be approved.

I'm happy that credit card fraud not happen in Thailand.

Thats what thet told me when a large sum of money was missing on my accounts of the Bangkok bank and Siam bank.

They told me that I must have given the pincodes to somebody.

They ask me or somebody was cleaning my condo and checked my bank cards.

Never put to much money on you bank account.

They truly are the policeman of the world these days. More and more people who have never stepped foot in the US before are being extradited there to face charges on crimes committed in other countries.

I'm surprised Thailand are so willing to send people there. In the UK the then home secretary David Blunkett signed an extradition treaty a few years back which is now in effect and the results are the US doesn't even have to show evidence before an extradition will be approved.

It is not just Thailand sending people there, everybody seems to do so. Worse even the Americans feel that international laws do not count for them. They send in agents to trap people in foreign countries without the host governments permission and so on. I could live with it, if the US was willing to send also their own citizens that easy over to stand trial abroad, but that part is easily overlooked. It is a one way street. American justice is a circus with very little security for the people that need to stand trial.

You may of misread the posting

"key member of a gang that had stolen credit card information from patrons of restaurants and department stores in the US"

To steal from restaurants and department stores in US, he had to be in US to actually do that or have "friends" doing it for him.

If it was the friends, but he was a leader, i do not see a problem with that, as he ordered them to steal, he does not need to be in US to be guilty of a crime committed in US

I'm happy that credit card fraud not happen in Thailand.

Thats what thet told me when a large sum of money was missing on my accounts of the Bangkok bank and Siam bank.

They told me that I must have given the pincodes to somebody.

They ask me or somebody was cleaning my condo and checked my bank cards.

Never put to much money on you bank account.

Sounds horrible did you get your stolen money back? :)