Partner Keeps On Receiving Calls From An Unknown Man

MaiDong

If you're so certain it's a guy from the hospital why don't you place a call to the hospital director explaining the situation and provide a new phone number for the hospital to contact her.

I'm sure someone at the hospital will recognize the callers phone number and I'm sure the director won't take kindly to a member of his staff harassing a patient.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're so certain it's a guy from the hospital why don't you place a call to the hospital director explaining the situation and provide a new phone number for the hospital to contact her.

I'm sure someone at the hospital will recognize the callers phone number and I'm sure the director won't take kindly to a member of his staff harassing a patient.

Because we're worried about the repurcussions of losing someone their job, if it's him he'll kinow our address - there has been some terrible crimes committed against people because of petty incidents, I don't want to risk that happening to my partner, our young child or me.

Because we're worried about the repurcussions of losing someone their job, if it's him he'll kinow our address - there has been some terrible crimes committed against people because of petty incidents, I don't want to risk that happening to my partner, our young child or me.

I understand this mate but that would not stop me, but then again we have guards on our housing and I am big and angry haha. I think in situations like this the chance of him turning up is slim, and the chance of him being sacked is slim, he will probably just get advised to stop as the hospital will never see the stress it has put you under and will see it as a minor incident. He will probably make up some <deleted> that she gave him the number to call and you are the jealous husband etc.

he will probably just get advised to stop as the hospital will never see the stress it has put you under and will see it as a minor incident. He will probably make up some <deleted> that she gave him the number to call and you are the jealous husband etc.

I can imagine the hospital ignoring us completely - scared they will lose collective face for the hospital.

I wouldn't speak with the hospital anyway, my partner would.

We've saved the filthy messages that he sent from his number too, that might shame the hospital into doing something!

Partner has suggested we call Channel 3 as they often have stories similar, it could be worth a try but they may have covered this kind of story too many times to bother any more

Short of changing your phone number and hospitals you don't have much of a choice do you?

If she continues to use that hospital you have to notify someone up the chain of command if you want the hospital to contact her and at the same time keep your new phone number confidential.

It's not to say the guy will lose his job, A good talking to by his manager might make him think twice about calling your number again.

I hope so! ^

I would love for it to end amicably but after speaking with this prick today and hading over the phone to my missus who told him to stop calling he STILL told her to slip away and secretly meet him, the audacity, it brings me to the conclusion that he's either thick or dangerous

My grandmother gave me good advice for phone caII weirdos. Ignore if you can, but, in the case of a house phone where you may not know who is caIIing, as soon as you know its some weirdo, just put the phone to the side (stiII connected) and waIk away. Go back and check Iater. If he is stiII there, Ieave it off the hook. Dont taIk, do nothing, tiII he hangs up. TaIking to them in any way feeds their need and encourages them.

As others have suggested, bIock the number, or change the sim. Iet friends/famiIy/hospitaI etc know the new number. PeopIe change their numbers for many reasons. No need to pursue this unIess he does.

Worst situation i have been in was my having to move away and rent a new home. IuckiIy I was onIy renting. For phone weirdos i just foIIowed my grandmothers advice and it has aIways worked for me.

If you ring the number, the person answering it should say Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or what ever hospital you think it is coming from. You will know for sure then and make a complaint to the Director of that hospital.

If it is coming from his mobile, not much you can do except complain to the phone company.

The other option is put the number on this forum and let so many thousand guy's call it, he will soon give up or change his number. :)

Some years ago my elderly grandmother was receiving calls from a weirdo who was into heavy breathing and obscene chat. As funny as this may sound, believe me it was no joke at the time.

The solution was easy, when the weirdo phoned, we left the phone open and placed it on a table somewhere until he got bored.

Remember, each time he phones, it`s costing him money. Let him run up a bill.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Does this rule prevent me from showing a phone number in listings?

14) Not to place phone numbers, emails, company names or web addresses in signatures. Web addresses to non-commercial sites or blogs may be posted in a member's profile page.

If you ring the number, the person answering it should say Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or what ever hospital you think it is coming from. You will know for sure then and make a complaint to the Director of that hospital.

If it is coming from his mobile, not much you can do except complain to the phone company.

The other option is put the number on this forum and let so many thousand guy's call it, he will soon give up or change his number. :)

it's a mobile no.

if it is who you think it is and he has a mental problem , could he not get your home address.better to confront the problem now as people have suggested,

IF it's him then he'll know our address, it was on the hospital record along with everything.

I've got a few more options now, I'll think of the option which has the least impact on anybody, I know the conscequences of getting on the wrong side of someone here, especially if they're a bit mental, or have a hatred of foreigners - something I have also experienced closely before...

We've saved the filthy messages that he sent from his number too, that might shame the hospital into doing something!

You saved the messages and haven't been to the police yet.  You can also visit AIS and get print out of all incoming and outgoing calls from partners phone.  Circle all the perverts calls and take list along with filthy messages to police.  You should have no problem getting action but perhaps this is just a troll.

in fact put his number on here and we will all call him every few minutes, confuse the <deleted> when 100 farangs keep calling him :D

:) Love it !

Count me in ! I'll do my katoey impesonation............

:D

Stalking by phone is terribly draining on a relationship. I was been in a similar situation with my ex. Not a Thai ex, but doesn't matter. We knew who the nutter was who called and texted all the time. He lived in the same building as us. He did some electrical work in my ex-gf apartment.

The annoyance did not stop until she switched numbers.

The cops were no use. I actually wrote down all of the pathetic texts he sent and went to the cops. They advised they could not really do anything unless it went physical, but MIGHT call him to ask him to stop.

The guy thought that she should be with him, not me. He even stabbed one of the tires on my car. Confronted him about it, although we did not see him do it. He denied it at first, but later confessed to the ex-gf. fuc_ker paid me, too. He was afraid I would break his jaw because he'd had surgery.

My commiserations to the OP. I hope you get it sorted. All kinds of scenarios go through you head. He might just be a moron, not a psycho. Just as likely.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

Get her a whistle and she should blow it as hard and loud as she can every time he calls.

Otherwise, I would go straight to the cops. It happened to me here, a guy I knew and had given my number to. Lots of wierd calls, lots of verbal attacks on my answerphone etc. I went to the cops and they said they couldn't do anything unless he got physical!!

I used to do the leaving the phone on the side thing - but at the time my father was very ill so I had to have the line clear. It really pissed me off when the phone would ring at 3 am and I thought it was the bad news about my dad.

So I got a whistle. He did call and leave a few stupid messages but soon gave up when I wouldn't speak to him. Or had blown his eardrum out!!!

Edited by Patsycat

Thanks for all your suggestions, I like the whistle one!

Anyhow, anybody who wants to let off some steam should check out my Interests in my profile, there's a 'helpline' which deals immediately with letting off some steam, it's best if you cna communicate in Thai though, TiT :)

I would love it if this man stopped because he was getting harrassed by phone and realised what it might be doing to someone else, I fear it won't though, still, it's good fun giving instead of taking, thanks to all who contribute :)