Foreign Passport Holder

Personally, I would say a bad idea, my ex Thai girlfriend had lessons and they taught her all wrong, Thai style driving! Maybe all schools are not the same, I wouldn't bother, teaching her wrong is worse than no teaching at all, plus it has to be paid for.

My current girlfriend, went for her test and failed, so paid under the counter for her license. No one should wonder why there are so many accidents here.

Agreed........ but sitting next to an instructing un-licenced driver would be legal ? ( a-la 300 baht fine :) )

Good point, I gave some lessons to my girlfriend before the one I have now (they come and go TIT) but I do have a Thai license. Because most of what I had taught her was overridden by the Thai instructor, I let my current girlfriend go it alone. She passed with the help of a backhander, but still cannot drive. I won't let her drive alone, no way. She told me about the backhander after the event, don't want anyone to think I approved!

Does anyone even know if even sat next to a licensed driver while learning is legal, does it have to be an official school? I have no idea.

Anyway, why not take the test yourself anyway, it's a piece of cake, standards are very low, you can then teach her the basics yourself. Finding a quiet piece or road is nigh on impossible here mind you, good luck

If you're in Bangkok there is a great place to teach her at Muang Thong Thani there is a reserve parking lot and it's open space with nothing to hit for almost a Km in all directions from center plus parking spaces etc. and once she gets good there the surrounding roads are ok too unless there is an even t going but that isn't so often.. There is even parking spaces to practice in as well as many other real or perceived obstacles you can make yourself but unobstructed, it is right by a lake too so nice viewing if you keep her away from the lake that is..