Real Short Tme Hotel At Airport

erikr_

Wish to "freshen up before flying onwards" This indicates that you are arriving on a flight and possibly transitting with a 3 hour stop over. I really dont think the hassles of leaving (even if you arrive on a domestic flight) and returning through immigration etc would be justified for only 3 hours. In fact as aircraft tend to board 30 minutes before departure your three hour stop over is now reduced to 2.5 hours.

Not worth it, suggest you stay at swampy

Wish to "freshen up before flying onwards" This indicates that you are arriving on a flight and possibly transitting with a 3 hour stop over. I really dont think the hassles of leaving (even if you arrive on a domestic flight) and returning through immigration etc would be justified for only 3 hours. In fact as aircraft tend to board 30 minutes before departure your three hour stop over is now reduced to 2.5 hours.

Go to an airline lounge. You can buy access day passes at Plaza Premium if you don't have lounge access through one of your credit cards or airlines.

There is a transit hotel within the terminal, but I think it is only accessible if you have international-to-international connections? Look for overhead signs saying "Day Rooms," I think is how it's labeled. Seems to me I recall seeing the overhead sign at the area where transit passengers clear security.

This just brings me to a comment that is only partially on-topic, and that is that the Thai Airways lounges at Suvarnabhumi are s**t!

Even if I am flying business class and get a pass into a Thai lounge, I always choose the CIP Lounges instead.

Unfortunately none of them have showers as far as I'm aware.

It would be a great business to have a decent spa beyond the barriers! (with free access for all air stewardesses!)

This just brings me to a comment that is only partially on-topic, and that is that the Thai Airways lounges at Suvarnabhumi are s**t!

Even if I am flying business class and get a pass into a Thai lounge, I always choose the CIP Lounges instead.

It would be a great business to have a decent spa beyond the barriers! (with free access for all air stewardesses!)

Thai Lounge near C gates have showers in the business lounge.

Yes the Thai Orchid lounge has showers. And also the only lounge which seems to have football coverage. :)

I believe that Louis Tavern has short-term sleeping/showering available.

As far as I know, none of the bars at the airport would justify the need for a short-time hotel, but I could be wrong, and would welcome any information to the contrary, bearing in mind the need to avoid specifics

SC

There is a hotel inside the airport, but it's ridiculously expensive. Top floor, next to a Cafe place. You have to walk down a metal runway to get there.

(Sorry, those directions are useless! I only went there once and walked straight back out again when I saw the price list!)

"As far as I know, none of the bars at the airport would justify the need for a short-time hotel, but I could be wrong, and would welcome any information to the contrary, bearing in mind the need to avoid specifics..."

You want information, but don't want specifics. Hmmm. "Louis Tavern" is not just a bar. Trying to be as unspecific as possible, you can Google "Louis Tavern Bangkok", and find the location and cost of the rooms at S'poom airport. Rereading the OP's post, he thought 1400THB was too dear, and Louis would break his budget.

Edited by hhgz

Whilst flying "cattle class" but holding a Thai Orchid frequent flyer card, is it possible to use any of these lounges by paying a fee ?

Yes the Thai Orchid lounge has showers. And also the only lounge which seems to have football coverage. :)

Whilst flying "cattle class" but holding a Thai Orchid frequent flyer card, is it possible to use any of these lounges by paying a fee ?

That "cattle class" question came after the football coverage post !

"As far as I know, none of the bars at the airport would justify the need for a short-time hotel, but I could be wrong, and would welcome any information to the contrary, bearing in mind the need to avoid specifics..."

You want information, but don't want specifics. Hmmm. "Louis Tavern" is not just a bar. Trying to be as unspecific as possible, you can Google "Louis Tavern Bangkok", and find the location and cost of the rooms at S'poom airport. Rereading the OP's post, he thought 1400THB was too dear, and Louis would break his budget.

I was more interested in where you might incur a need for a shrot time hotel, whilst at or near the airport

SC

Go to an airline lounge. You can buy access day passes at Plaza Premium if you don't have lounge access through one of your credit cards or airlines.

Do you have any details on the deals for buying lounge access? Where is Plaza Premium located?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding??? CIP must be six star then. Personally I find Thai Airways business class lounge one of the nicest in the world ... and I constantly travel internationally.

Which level of frequent flyer.

i.e. Gold card, you get into the lounge and can use the showers and not pay anything (assuming you're on a Star Alliance flight, have long enough to shower, and the shower's aren't already being used by someone else.)

Personally, I've only used the showers in the lounge once, as I'm usually flying direct, so would have showered before leaving home.

If you're not gold, I don't know if you can pay to get access or not. (Been gold since before Suvannabhumi opened).

• 2 weeks later...

The last time i flew out, unusually i got all hot & sweaty on the way to the airport.

I have an Etihad silver card & am therefor able to use the Thai Silk lounges. Enquired about a shower.

The room was huge, nicely finished, very clean, with a lovely hot powerful partitioned off shower.

However, the food availability & choice is very poor here.

SC the OP stated his reason for requiring a room, please get your mind out of the gutter. :)

OP, given the limited time you have, i would suggest that paying for lounge access would be the best way to go.

............ however, on a quick look around the i/net just now, can only find the Louis Tavern one @ £28.

Suggest speaking to the airline you onward flying with.

Edited by Lancashirelad