Cheapest Bars/beer

Rinrada

Right its about that time of the year again and I need to know where all the cheapest boozers are-AGAIN?

I have been keeping up with all the crazy news articles from trinkie and Sticks and it would appear that the she-beens of the nana and of that Ilk are pushing for nearly Bt 100 a beer...what :o surely NOT B) cant be.

Bangers is well known for its "reasonable" golden necter prices so wots the score.

I know its been a couple of months and its been some time since a big singh was under Bt.25 in a bar....(1984...no kidding)...however,I even heard a nasty rumour that the Therme is over Bt 50 now :D Quel Horror??

Isnt nothing sacred. B)

Hey Rinrada ...do what the careful ones do....buy a six pack and drink 'em in the street. It ain't a lotta fun drinking with the flies, but there are advantages to be had . No lady drink for flies. No barfine either. Not for one moment do I think you will embrace the idea....just a suggestion. :o

In terms of bars with females "working" , probably Soi Zero is the cheapest for drinks , also known as "Buckskin Joe Vilage"

You know the place , underneath the Expressway on Suk.

Not a pretty site in daylight , but the beer is cheaper than other similar orientated establishments. The Emu bar in particular has a nice array of...beers.

:o

You can always go to a snooker club if you wanna sit down and have some beers in an aironditioned atmosphere. The prices of drinks vary a bit but but the prices are only little higher than 7-11 prices (all snooker clubs have got beer in large bottles and also cheap Thai whiskey in large and small bottles). You don't actually have to play snooker. I had often played snooker in Bangkok but I had also been to snooker clubs a few times without having played any snooker.....just sat down, had some beer and chatted with the people in there and watched them playing.

Unfortunately, in some downtown areas it is difficult to find a snooker club.

I don't judge others who do but I myself had almost never drunk beer inside a 7-11 or in the streets. I think it is a bit disrespectful and you always tend to get ''Farang kee-mau'' looks and also it is not comfortable anyway.

Regards,

Jem

Not inside although lots of 7-11s out in the suburbs usually have seating /local caffs handy for the bus stop.

Actually the one near my gaff in Theparak does not really have a recognised stop as such,since the general idea is that the driver in the 116 knows i am sitting there waiting for him and if he dose not see me first then its a case of jumping up and down like an idiot in the middle of the road while avoiding the Bloody motor bikes coming up behind you in the opposite direction.

The other 7/11 i use a lot is the one outside the Therme by Clintons hangout.

I have often found myself sitting there on the steps waiting for the little green no.12 bus (about 2-30 am) that goes in the direction of cambodia and have often been bought a beer by one of the polite young things waiting to go in my direction.

Nice place :o

:o

I think the "Ladyboy" shows serve a free drink just as you walk in, but for beer I would go the Nanaplaza, lots of guys drinking beer, fewer barfees. I think I like Dr. PP's idea of purchasing a six pack, but I would invite a few of the remaining soi dogs under the over walk to join in the drinking and sex.

Bud

I hav'nt been to a bar in Thailand for *years*.

Alough when i am there, i'm quite partial to sit out by our lake for an evening and sup a few beer singhs, have the odd casual chat with the neighbours or sometimes the wife will join me for a natter and a little drink.

And with Loy Kratong this weekend, i'll have to find another place to sit and relax :o

Ah to relax.....

./P

I feel that we should support bars that give us a good deal so here are a few that I have found:

Best Bar:

Doll House – Soi Cowboy – 30 baht drinks 19.30 – 20.30

Fannys

Moonshine – Soi Cowboy - All 60 baht draft

Jungle Jim

Det 5 – Soi Zero – Long happy hour till 20.00 – 50 baht beer

Lolitas ( Pool bar) – Near Soi Cowboy 18.00 – 19.00 (?) – 60 baht beer

Cheep Charlies – 50 baht till 00.00

Beer Garden – Soi 5 – 60 baht draft

Shibas

Suziwong – Soi Cowboy - 19.30 – 20.30– 2 for 1

Nana is a dead loss at the moment but there is a bar 2nd floor on the right that does a 2 for 1 deal.

I am doing the rounds of the Pat bars this weekend,Beach rd,2nd Road,Soi 1-Boys Town,Walking Street and Soi Diamond but for some reason forget the names...hic...hic :D Will have another go tonight B):o

Soi 1-Boys Town

Rin , just don't try to pick up the 1000 baht glued to the pavement B)

Seriously though if you get as far as walking Street , in the complex opposite Tonys Disco, an acqaintance runs a bar called " Don't tell Mama" You may get a free drink if you mention you know Phil from Uk. It's run by John from Wales , Linda his wife and On the M'san. He should be in a good mood after the soccer result this weekend. Don't mention my name to Saree though.... B)

Wish I was there... :o:D

P.beers bar(massage and beauty salon) on sukhumvit soi 4 downstairs at the Cspa inn(rooms can be had for 500baht).. her beers in stubbies...chang 50 baht...the rest 60 baht.. and I have taught her to keep them on ice....spirits all 80 baht

its about 500 meters down soi 4 just past the omni tower.. just watch out for the footpath outside the house between omni and cspa, dog shit alley.. and the brown dog there has bitten a few people, but its owner who lives in the house is a retired police pooyai... if you get my drift

she is also opening a new bar(massage and beauty salon) on soi 7/1 this week(short stagger from nana skytrain), but I am not sure as to the prices of her drinks yet...as the bas around her are charging more than that...and...well... she is thai

:o:DB)