Major Figures Flee Thailand

webfact

They most likely believe the goverment will arrest them if something happens, or if it doesn't, makes sense. Strange I don't recall PAD's leaders being arretsed when they occupied Goverment house and the airport. But different justice for different groups, the achilles heel of this crackdown.

Nail on head.

Is the logic here that because PAD leaders were not arrested for occupying government house and the airport, then Red leaders should be allowed to act with impunity this weekend?

No, merely that people who condemn the reds, without also condemning the yellows, probably deserve to be labelled hypocrites.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true, it would appear that maybe this is the final straw.

That said with the ISA in force, just about anyone is fair game to be nabbed if they deem it fit.

The final straw - I am not surprised. The rate at which 7/11 hands out straws and plastic bags - we were bound to run out sooner or later.

Looks more like a case of damned if you do & damned if you don't.

If they (children of Thaksin ) Stayed they would probably be branded/convicted of inciting something.

If they leave they get branded as rats leaving a sinking ship.......

I don't remember anyone really taking shots (verbal/written) at anyone other than Oak for some public statements he made. The fact that they don't run before events that turn out to not be violent and that they do run before events that end in violence might suggest that historically they have known in advance when violence would erupt.

The fact that they don't run before events that turn out to not be violent and that they do run before events that end in violence might suggest that historically they have known in advance when violence would erupt.

Even a deaf,blind,mute knows when a kettle is hot & when its not.

They most likely believe the goverment will arrest them if something happens, or if it doesn't, makes sense. Strange I don't recall PAD's leaders being arretsed when they occupied Goverment house and the airport. But different justice for different groups, the achilles heel of this crackdown.

Nail on head.

Is the logic here that because PAD leaders were not arrested for occupying government house and the airport, then Red leaders should be allowed to act with impunity this weekend?

No, merely that people who condemn the reds, without also condemning the yellows, probably deserve to be labelled hypocrites.

And vice-versa.

Remember, "Different government." :D

Let's also remember that the yellow shirts are educated. They made a legitimate use of force to remove a corrupt regime. They're liberators.

The red shirts are just country bumpkins, therefore their actions have no political legitimacy, and their votes don't count. They're terrorists.

Do try to keep up ..... it isn't that difficult you know.

:)

To me this means one thing, that is violence is 100% sure.

They are not running from a sinking ship, they are avoiding the inevitable ARREST!

And it would happen because of the pending violence that is planned and seemingly a for sure thing. In that if there was no planned violence why run for cover?

The ISA act in place may make one nervous but not so much as to leave Thailand. The act only provides for those that are in the protest line not those that are watching it from their TV, the laws are NOT arbitrary in that the legal arms can not just arrest anyone they please. If so any Farang, Lao, Burmese, or Singaporean could be arrested just because they are.

The key figures may be questioned and detained, however why the son and daughter? They are related to but never publicly involved in the protest. But then if there is violence they would be an open target for arrest.

I may be 100% wrong I might be 50% wrong or even 1% wrong, but after 27 years in Thailand I think I may have at least 27% chance of reading between the lines if it be on TV, news print or just hearsay and being correct in my assumptions or opinions.

The fact that they don't run before events that turn out to not be violent and that they do run before events that end in violence might suggest that historically they have known in advance when violence would erupt.

Even a deaf,blind,mute knows when a kettle is hot & when its not.

Especially if it is them that switched it on. :)

Cowards they shall always be.

And are you living in your land of birth or have you moved to pastures greener?

Frankly, who gives a toss. Just wish this would all kick off and we can have something decent to watch on TV..

I'll bring the popcorn and beers... :)

Anyone knows the whereabouts of the family members of the current PM - that would be a more relevant indicator for the appraisal of the situation

A lot of current government families have police/army protection. But that's completely understandable given the number of threats from the red leaders.

Frankly, who gives a toss. Just wish this would all kick off and we can have something decent to watch on TV..

Personally I don't want to see any "action" on the streets of Bangkok. Tempers will become frayed for sure, seems that people feel they've been wronged (on both sides).....hopefully the situation won't go south, or din daeng junction will look like a huge pikey wedding

The key figures may be questioned and detained, however why the son and daughter?

:D

You ever heard of how the mafia get even??? :)

Lets not forget that when the coup happened quite a few people were spirited away, and fortunately released. I can't quite imagine what the reaction would be if they did scoop up for example Thaksin's kids, but don't forget there are factions in all the armed forces and police that were loyal to Thaksin's bunch, but for expediencies sake are towing the line with the current bunch.

Remember, "Different government." :D

Let's also remember that the yellow shirts are educated. They made a legitimate use of force to remove a corrupt regime. They're liberators.

The red shirts are just country bumpkins, therefore their actions have no political legitimacy, and their votes don't count. They're terrorists.

Do try to keep up ..... it isn't that difficult you know.

Not 1 coup in any country is deemed as you say "They made a legitimate use of force to remove a corrupt regime." Any change by force as it is defined a coup is most certainly unjust and illegitimate.

It is not by the peoples choice and therefor 100% unjust and illegitimate and only fosters yet another coup. Just like what is happening now.

Poor =VS= Rich does not always come-out as expected.

Re: North Korea =VS= South Korea

South Vietnam =VS= North Vietnam

Iran =VS= The Shaw

Singapore =VS= Malaysia (conflict lasted 15 minuets) 3 shot 2 dead

And more....

To me this means one thing, that is violence is 100% sure.

They are not running from a sinking ship, they are avoiding the inevitable ARREST!

And it would happen because of the pending violence that is planned and seemingly a for sure thing. In that if there was no planned violence why run for cover?

The ISA act in place may make one nervous but not so much as to leave Thailand. The act only provides for those that are in the protest line not those that are watching it from their TV, the laws are NOT arbitrary in that the legal arms can not just arrest anyone they please. If so any Farang, Lao, Burmese, or Singaporean could be arrested just because they are.

The key figures may be questioned and detained, however why the son and daughter? They are related to but never publicly involved in the protest. But then if there is violence they would be an open target for arrest.

I may be 100% wrong I might be 50% wrong or even 1% wrong, but after 27 years in Thailand I think I may have at least 27% chance of reading between the lines if it be on TV, news print or just hearsay and being correct in my assumptions or opinions.

27 years eh?

Yes, I would believe that. Your style of rhetoric certainly has a Thai flavour to it. ;-)

Yet another "balanced" report by Tony. There are cases proceeding agaisnt the PAD leadership. Cases move at different speeds as we all know. However .... bringing up "the yellows" in a thread about people that all are linked to Thaksin (so far) fleeing the country is just a typical "red" diversion on TV. The new red motto should be "If your position is indefensible, Obfuscate!"

In Law Terms, there is something like "Precedence".

If subject "A" has done something wrong but was only given a mnor or no condemn, then subject "B" is entitled to receivbe the same sentence as subject "A" for the same crimes.

All the trouble with the Red Shirts and Thaksin we see now and will continue to see is only due because the Yellow Shirts are still walking around and spewing their propaganda.

That being said, I remember the ther present government was only an Interim governent and that new elections should have taking place looooong ago.

Why is Abhisit clinging to power so much?

Anyone knows the whereabouts of the family members of the current PM - that would be a more relevant indicator for the appraisal of the situation

A lot of current government families have police/army protection. But that's completely understandable given the number of threats from the red leaders.

I keep wondering who has an interest on getting the pot to boil (and our blog is part of it)? Precisely the third party group/s you mention may have a particular interest to control various players. If these families would have left the grounds - that would be a serious situation, would it? The family of the sacked PM keeps on travelling since quite some time, isn't it? Thus nothing so special.

I see from the news this morning that they have now said that no one with a Pick up that has a Tag from outside bangkok will be allowed to bring the Pickup in. They will have to park it up somewhere they do not make that clear where it is, then they have to walk into Bangkok. Ok so lets now punish all the people who live outside Bangkok and drive into work and who have nothing to do with the Reds.

Anyone with half a brain can see that all the hard line trouble makers will have been in bangkok for a few days already getting things set up for any trouble they might want to start. They will still have some who will be traveling with the people coming into Bangkok that have been paid to get everybodys blood up ready for this weekend.

Lets just hope it is all over soon and sorted out once and for all and let thailand get back to normal or as near normal as Thailand can be. :)

Looking at the different CRIMES of the so called EDUCATED yellow shorts on YouTube, I can only LMAOROF.

The attack on a motorcycle taxi on the way to the airport and the "killing" of a motorcycle with basebal clubs by the yellow shirts shows clearly their "EDUCATED" level.

Yes, liberators of VIOLENCE.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SAW

Been here for 10 years. Nice home in the suburbs, partner of 10 years, and enjoying life, thanks.

I do agree with you, wish it would be over with and move on.

In law terms WHERE? Not in Thailand.

The yellows have been pretty quiet, not really "spewing" much of anything. The court cases aginst the leaders are ongoing. I assume you wouldn't deny a defendant full access to any legal way to defend themselves, would you? Cases that Thaksin has answered (only the 2 that have been resolved) were able to be finished quickly. His lawyers were present to provide the information requested and the proceedings were legal. He would have had to have been in the country and unavailable due to illness etc to delay them. Hiding out abroad doesn't cut it as a defense tactic.

Continuing to bring the PAD into every thread that is about the actions of the reds is just a 'red poster' diversionary tactic.

But the point is THIS thread is about major figures fleeing Thailand :)

The kids have done nothing during the lead up to the protest. What are they actually running from?

It's their father's supporters that are protesting and they are the ones that want violence.

Are they scared that the violence planned by the reds is going to be so bad?

The kids have done nothing during the lead up to the protest. What are they actually running from?

It's their father's supporters that are protesting and they are the ones that want violence.

Are they scared that the violence planned by the reds is going to be so bad?

perhaps its just a case of red leadership showing there true colours...

Yet another "balanced" report by Tony. There are cases proceeding agaisnt the PAD leadership. Cases move at different speeds as we all know. However .... bringing up "the yellows" in a thread about people that all are linked to Thaksin (so far) fleeing the country is just a typical "red" diversion on TV. The new red motto should be "If your position is indefensible, Obfuscate!"

If subject "A" has done something wrong but was only given a mnor or no condemn, then subject "B" is entitled to receivbe the same sentence as subject "A" for the same crimes.

All the trouble with the Red Shirts and Thaksin we see now and will continue to see is only due because the Yellow Shirts are still walking around and spewing their propaganda.

That being said, I remember the ther present government was only an Interim governent and that new elections should have taking place looooong ago.

There is no law of prcedence in thai law. It is a western concept and the judges can not use it here,.

caf

QUOTE (tonywebster @ 2010-03-11 09:12:04) *

QUOTE (LomSak27 @ 2010-03-11 09:08:51) *

Nail on head.

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

Now what has that to do with this government. As I recall the were in the oposition at that time!

Actually, in Thai law, Precedence isn't used.

I haven't seen anything out of the yellow shirts in months, let alone propaganda.

SINCE WHEN has the present government only been an interim goverment????? The Democrats formed a legitimate coalition government after the PPP were banned for electoral fraud. Elections are due again in 2011 (ie 4 years after the last election).

That's the main reason that Thaksin was ousted in the coup was because HE was the *caretaker* PM. His party could not form a government. After 6 months he had not organized new elections, the army removed him.

Abhisit is clinging to power because he is the legitimate Prime Minister. Should every PM step down when a few protestors come knocking at the door?