The 2010 Formula One Season

Some teams putting more money and efforts in one of the two drivers, normally start with the most talent one and if second driver is more succesfull this can change during the season.

Yes i agree, although i would say not "normally" but "always". Are there any examples of teams favouring the lesser of the two drivers? I don't think so.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its obvious that RBR are going to do anything they can to help SV at MW's expense.

Although i think it's true that RBR see the long term future of the team in Vettel, i still think that they are being pretty equal about things. Not completely equal perhaps, but not out and out favourtism.

The other teams are going to favour one partner over the other at both McLaren and Ferrari fairly soon... it won't necessarily be left to the mathematical certainty that one team member can no longer win.

Yes i think once we are passed half way in the season, a bit like when we pass half way in the race, the teams start slowly and gradually putting more support behind the leader at that time.

Its obvious that RBR are going to do anything they can to help SV at MW's expense.

Although i think it's true that RBR see the long term future of the team in Vettel, i still think that they are being pretty equal about things. Not completely equal perhaps, but not out and out favourtism.

The other teams are going to favour one partner over the other at both McLaren and Ferrari fairly soon... it won't necessarily be left to the mathematical certainty that one team member can no longer win.

Yes i think once we are passed half way in the season, a bit like when we pass half way in the race, the teams start slowly and gradually putting more support behind the leader at that time.

We'll see.... all of the top teams have had 'dubious' incident between team members. Will the teams allow this to carry on when the could (as per MW/SV) take each other out?

Mind you, I agree - the other partner is unlikely to give it up easily, which is what makes it so entertaining for us followers.

yup i reckon Webber wont give up easily at all, esp when he knows he can get the better of Vettel now. The acids on Vettel to perform now, given hes the crazy golden boy of the team. He might just fall apart i reckon once Mark wins a few more races :)

yup i reckon Webber wont give up easily at all, esp when he knows he can get the better of Vettel now. The acids on Vettel to perform now, given hes the crazy golden boy of the team. He might just fall apart i reckon once Mark wins a few more races biggrin.gif

After the last race, that's got to be extremely likely - unless he has learned his lesson.....

At the moment it could possibly be partly the team's fault if they told SV it was 'safe' to overtake MW when MW's engineer hadn't passed on the message to let SV past. Even so, he must have realised v quickly that Webber wasn't giving up easily! He made a VERY bad mistake in the heat of the moment (desperate to claw back the points he was behind Webber).

If he hasn't learned his lesson, he's going to be even more desperate in the future!

Fortunately for us fans, there are other teams in similar positions where team mates are concerned. Should be great fun laugh.gif.

p.s. Rivalex - reading back through the last posts I realised I missed your point entirely, which is why you were confused about my reply! Sorry.

Now this could be good. An emotonally affected, (I was going to say nutter) guy from Germany in a Red Bull. The weather on Saturday at least looks interesting. Now if Sunday can give us a wet race, and the Red Bulls side by side on the grid. Oh yes. :)

McLaren have admitted to a cock up with the instructions to Lewis Hamilton. His race engineer told him that Jenson would not try to pass if he eased up. It wasn't his call to make, however they didn't expect him to ease up so much either. :)

Hi, I've just got UBC but the guy installing it couldnt tell me which channel the F1 would be on, and I had a quick seach which I found that somebody said it is on 66, but that was 3 years ago. Is it still on 66? Is the Quali being broadcast?

Thanks in advancesmile.gif

It's usuaually on 107, I say usually cos occaisionally it is shown on Star Sports I think it is. That happens when a sport ESPN like more is on. :) Yes qualifying is shown. Commentary team is crap but you can't have everything.

p.s. Rivalex - reading back through the last posts I realised I missed your point entirely, which is why you were confused about my reply! Sorry.

Thanks for the explanation F1 . No problem. Yes, i was confused. :)

Hi, I've just got UBC but the guy installing it couldnt tell me which channel the F1 would be on, and I had a quick seach which I found that somebody said it is on 66, but that was 3 years ago. Is it still on 66? Is the Quali being broadcast?

Thanks in advancesmile.gif

Did a search and found

My link

Go to bottom and kick on ENGLISH then back to top and click SPORT [or put in what you want + the day]

It then tells you all the Sports on today or next 7 days and what number they are on

It shows that at 20:30 today on-- 103 -- TrueSport 3 is Practice 3

-- 107 -- Star Sports is 'Inside Grand Prix @ 23:00 followed by F1 Qualifying

Hope this helps, you can find everything on this site with times.

Edited by ignis

biggrin.gifGreat, thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Actually I have another question... Is DTM or World touring cars shown on UBC?

Sob Sob on the True Vision website I gave you Results = 0

Next Sat is SuperCars V8's on Star Sports @ 13:00 + Formula BMW

Sun MotoGP

What a race, we don't need rain. We just need the tyres to be crap. :) Seriously though, I did enjoy it.

Have to agree, what a great race! (Have to admit I missed it live, but have just watched the repeat).

The funny thing is though, that the tyres weren't crap. Everyone expected the 'softs' to last a couple of laps only, whereas the 'hards' would last way longer - giving the Red Bulls the advantage. It proved not to be the case.

McLaren had the car this race, (with Ferrari a close second - who would have thought that a race ago? huh.gif), but there was so much going on it was unbelievably entertaining!

OK, I'm happy to start the actual discussion on the race....

IMO the McLarens had the car of the race and I've no idea why everyone is raving about Hamilton's race...... I honestly can't see that he did anything special.

Everyone thought the Red Bulls' had the race in the bag cos they were on 'hards' when everyone else was on 'softs'. As it turned out, the 'softs' lasted longer and the 'hards' didn't last anywhere close to expected.

The Ferrari had tremendous speed as well (but not quite enough to match the McLaren), hence Massa's great speed during the race (and, of course, Alonso's).

Personally, (and I know everyone is going to disagree with me laugh.gif), I thought Schumi had a great, if unlucky, race.

Hi GP fans

Well that was a pretty Exciting race. What with Red Bull fouling things up again, they seem to be their own worst enemies.

However, surprised Schumacher and Kubica got away with just warnings, both created dangerous situations that in other circumstances could have been major incidents.

Right quiz time ~~~ without referring to google how many pairs of brothers can you name who have competed in F1.. I can think of 4 but maybe more?

TBWG :)

I did'nt see the complete race, due to the time ,but the result was great. A Brit 1-2.

The jostling in the pit lane occurred again , which is rather dangerous but that is the nature of the sport ai'nt it.

Just to mention MotoGP here. This weekends race is from Silverstone, non of the riders will have raced there before so should be interesting..alas no doctor though.

Its a shame that Donnington will not see F1 cars this year.

Please where did you watch the Canadian F1 ?

Finding over the years it is more difficult to find, Dream from the Philippians gone, Telkom Vision gone, Astro gone , the other Satellite from Indonesia is not showing, the Sat from China also not showing, now DSTV from South Africa has gone … Lot of searching watched it on Star Sport from True this last weekend, problem is all the commentary was in Thai..

Question please, is anyone watching in English? Which Satellite ? Just wondered is it in Thai on True if you have a set top box and card from True ?

Kubica was extremely lucky, that was an idiotic move. I wonder if Vettel had been leading instead of Webber. Would they have left him out, when it was obvious that Hamilton was reeling him in at a great rate of knots. 1st time I have stayed up to watch an American based race. I hate trying to not know who won before the repeat comes on. It takes away a lot of the enjoyment.

OK, I'm happy to start the actual discussion on the race....

IMO the McLarens had the car of the race and I've no idea why everyone is raving about Hamilton's race...... I honestly can't see that he did anything special.

Actually i think RBR, McLaren and Ferrari were all very equally matched. In the closing stages, Alonso looked like he was in the fastest car, but failed to capitalize on it whilst his tyres were optimum.

As far as Lewis not doing anything special is concerned, i think the extra lap he pulled out of the bag to snatch pole was something special and set up his weekend. He went on to get the job done. Credit where it's due.

Everyone thought the Red Bulls' had the race in the bag cos they were on 'hards' when everyone else was on 'softs'. As it turned out, the 'softs' lasted longer and the 'hards' didn't last anywhere close to expected.

The race swung on this. When Lewis got caught by Vettel and was about to be passed so soon into the race, forcing Lewis to pit very early, it looked like Vettel was going to cruise ahead. Didn't work out that way.

I think RBR messed up. They should have known the hards weren't going to last long, then they could have done qualifying on the softs and might have got pole.

The Ferrari had tremendous speed as well (but not quite enough to match the McLaren), hence Massa's great speed during the race (and, of course, Alonso's).

Seeing Massa in a dog fight for 13th place i couldn't help wonder what Ferrari are thinking of signing him up for more seasons. Where's their ambition? They should stop messing about and get someone in who can push Alonso on.

Personally, (and I know everyone is going to disagree with me laugh.gif), I thought Schumi had a great, if unlucky, race.

:)

Seeing Massa in a dog fight for 13th place i couldn't help wonder what Ferrari are thinking of signing him up for more seasons. Where's their ambition? They should stop messing about and get someone in who can push Alonso on.

Yes but he has gone and broken his leg now...

Finding over the years it is more difficult to find, Dream from the Philippians gone, Telkom Vision gone, Astro gone , the other Satellite from Indonesia is not showing, the Sat from China also not showing, now DSTV from South Africa has gone … Lot of searching watched it on Star Sport from True this last weekend, problem is all the commentary was in Thai..

Question please, is anyone watching in English? Which Satellite ? Just wondered is it in Thai on True if you have a set top box and card from True ?

its on True Sports,

Star Sports in English or Thai if you prefer biggrin.gif just hit the language option thingy

quite funny actually, during the race Slater was commenting how he was getting tweets about the feed into the Philippines, saying the commentary was in Chinese

i thought it was a good race too, pity about the strategy the RBRs were on as someone said

Edited by Donnyboy

its on True Sports,

Star Sports in English or Thai if you prefer biggrin.gif just hit the language option thingy

quite funny actually, during the race Slater was commenting how he was getting tweets about the feed into the Philippines, saying the commentary was in Chinese

i thought it was a good race too, pity about the strategy the RBRs were on as someone said

Thanks, found it last night moved the dish to Thaicom KU 2-5 to see what was on, and by accident hit the wrong button and got this Thai/English option. I have had the dreambox over 4 years and never had any idea this option was there... To answer myself :) at this moment I have the dish on Intelsat 8 just looked and the Thai/English option is not there, so that is why I never had any idea it was there. This past weekend is the 1st time I have every moved the dish to Thaicom KU 2-5

Err? Think you are confusing Massa with Rossi! :)

TBWG :D

Err? Think you are confusing Massa with Rossi! :)

TBWG :D

Ferrari and there ambition is to have Rossi, they have been trying hard for a long time, the way I see it signing Massa to the end of Rossi's contract is maybe the last hope of getting Rossi, now he broken his leg Ferrari has offered him an old F1 car to drive to get fit again + again offered him again the Test/3rd drivers role

A test drive earlier this year in a 2008 spec F1 car showed him to be less than a 10th of a second slower then the Pole setting time of the experienced F1 driver in the same car. The 2007 test in a 2005 spec car showed he to almost on a par with very experienced Michael Schumacher.

So Ferrari and there ambition appears to be to have a world champion Italian in there Italian F1 car