The 2010 Formula One Season

dam_n me. I'll be glad when this year is over guys. We were coming back from Surat Thani, and the driver fell asleep. All the passengers were asleep, I woke up seconds before the impact. As I realised what was about to happen I screamed and braced for impact. He was doing about 100kph a few minutes before. (I was doing the fight or flight reaction for a good 45 minutes before the crash.) I woke up to see us approaching one of those black and white roadside posts. I must have woke the driver as he turned the wheel. The front wing hit the post. We hit and flattened a second post, and regained the road. Amazingly no one had a scratch. Tried to get pissed last night. Gave up after 6 big bottles of Leo, it just wasn't having any affect. :annoyed:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sounds like a really close call mate.

I often see motors of all descriptions that have left the road and crashed on highway 2 to/from Korat/BKK.

Not nice.

Lucky for you, your fellow passengers owe you one.

dam_n me. I'll be glad when this year is over guys. We were coming back from Surat Thani, and the driver fell asleep. All the passengers were asleep, I woke up seconds before the impact. As I realised what was about to happen I screamed and braced for impact. He was doing about 100kph a few minutes before. (I was doing the fight or flight reaction for a good 45 minutes before the crash.) I woke up to see us approaching one of those black and white roadside posts. I must have woke the driver as he turned the wheel. The front wing hit the post. We hit and flattened a second post, and regained the road. Amazingly no one had a scratch. Tried to get pissed last night. Gave up after 6 big bottles of Leo, it just wasn't having any affect. :annoyed:

Hey Mosha

That was a close one ... all the passengers indeed owe you many bottles of Leo. :burp:

Whilst talking about drinks and especially Red Bull ~~ where does all the sponsorship money come from? They chuck shed loads at all sorts of hugely expensive sports and I rarely see anyone drinking the foul stuff! I tried it once about 10 years ago and it was disgusting .. like horse linament or what I think horse linament should taste like! I am convinced (well almost) that it is some vast money laundering scam!

TBWG :wai:

Roll on Silverstone :clap2:

Well folks

It's the big event this weekend, No I don't mean a load of overpaid egomaniacs chasing a ball, I mean a load of overpaid egomaniacs going round in circles, fast! It's Silverstone GP

Well if you look closely at the attached photo you can see sponsorship from Amazing Thailand so you now have something to root for!

Remains to be seen if it ends in a riot and goes up in smoke!

post-24662-055918300 1278611836_thumb.jp

Well Folks 'Amazing Thailand' is fastest again in 2nd practice, must be something to do with the Singha Beer sponsorship which I also spotted on the RB6.

Well guys

Amazing Thailand continues to amaze! :Thaiflag:

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/live_timing.html

Will race be more of same perhaps we should ask Paul the Octopus?

My long shot Kubica.

Sounds like 6 bottles of Leo did the job for your driver though! Tell him to stick to Red Bull next time. Glad you are OK mate.

Cheers, Rick

Well Guys

Amazing Thailand has tied up front row of the grid! :Thaiflag:

Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3

1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:30.841 1:30.480 1:29.615

2. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:30.858 1:30.114 1:29.758

3. Alonso Ferrari 1:30.997 1:30.700 1:30.426

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:31.297 1:31.118 1:30.556

5. Rosberg Mercedes 1:31.626 1:31.085 1:30.625

6. Kubica Renault 1:31.680 1:31.344 1:31.040

7. Massa Ferrari 1:31.313 1:31.010 1:31.172

8. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:31.424 1:31.126 1:31.175

9. de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari 1:31.533 1:31.327 1:31.274

10. Schumacher Mercedes 1:32.058 1:31.022 1:31.430

11. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:31.109 1:31.399

12. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:31.851 1:31.421

13. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:32.144 1:31.635

14. Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:31.435 1:31.699

15. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:32.226 1:31.708

16. Petrov Renault 1:31.638 1:31.796

17. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:31.901 1:32.012

18. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:32.430

19. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:34.405

20. Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:34.775

21. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:34.864

22. di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:35.212

23. Chandhok HRT-Cosworth 1:36.576

24. Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth 1:36.968

Break out the Singha beer!

This is from the Red Bull F1 website;

Red Bull Racing has agreed a one-race deal with 'Amazing Thailand' – Thailand's official tourism promotion – and they will become our partner for the British Grand Prix.

The deal will see the 'Amazing Thailand' logo feature on the sides of the RB6 cockpits throughout the race weekend.

The Royal Thai Embassy and the Thai Tourism Office in London will be celebrating the partnership on Friday by hosting a special Thai-themed evening in the Red Bull Energy Station in the F1 paddock on Friday, and we're running an exclusive competition to win a holiday to Thailand, starting tomorrow on redbullracing.com

Christian Horner said: "This one race partnership with Thailand is quite unique at our local grand prix. Thailand is one of the most stunning locations in the world and after their recent political issues it's a great opportunity to remind everyone what a fantastic country it is to visit."

This is from the Red Bull F1 website;

Red Bull Racing has agreed a one-race deal with 'Amazing Thailand' – Thailand's official tourism promotion – and they will become our partner for the British Grand Prix.

The deal will see the 'Amazing Thailand' logo feature on the sides of the RB6 cockpits throughout the race weekend.

The Royal Thai Embassy and the Thai Tourism Office in London will be celebrating the partnership on Friday by hosting a special Thai-themed evening in the Red Bull Energy Station in the F1 paddock on Friday, and we're running an exclusive competition to win a holiday to Thailand, starting tomorrow on redbullracing.com

Christian Horner said: "This one race partnership with Thailand is quite unique at our local grand prix. Thailand is one of the most stunning locations in the world and after their recent political issues it's a great opportunity to remind everyone what a fantastic country it is to visit."

This is not the first Thai connection. I seem to recall Singha beer being promoted on the Red Bull cars at the Singapore GP last year.

Isn't a Thai family part owner of the team?

great result for Webber, that will stick one up them :lol:

I loved Alex's comment when asked by Paula on the new front wing swap for Red Bull

"It looks like Red Bull gives you wings, but then takes it off you" :D

Hi

Now that he has calmed down a bit I think Kamui Kobayashi put in another good drive in the Sauber, he has acquired all the teams points and as a rookie has way more points than all the other rookies put together! On the other hand Pedro De la Rosa the old GP hand has been mediocre.

I loved Alex's comment when asked by Paula on the new front wing swap for Red Bull

I liked Webber's "Not bad for a number 2"

Looks like Mark hit a raw nerve. :lol:

http://msn.planetf1.com/news/3213/6256627/Red-Bull-We-Don-t-Have-A-No1-No2

Edited by Mosha

Do they have to have those women dressed in orange/red "Santander" dresses lining the stairs up to the weigh-in? Shouldn't they be at home in the kitchen?

Humm

Surprised no PC do gooders have risen to the bait.. My own take on it, the more attractive scantily clad totty the better! :whistling: Also non PC!

Do they have to have those women dressed in orange/red "Santander" dresses lining the stairs up to the weigh-in? Shouldn't they be at home in the kitchen?

Humm

Surprised no PC do gooders have risen to the bait.. My own take on it, the more attractive scantily clad totty the better! :whistling: Also non PC!

My second non-PC sentence was more a dig at the women who let themselves be used to serve no other function than as eye-candy for the men. Don't they feel in any way ashamed that they are just there to look pretty - i.e. blonde (mostly), tall, big boobs and long legs?

"What did you do today mummy?"

- "I went to the Formula 1 at Silverstone."

"Wow! Was it good?"

- "I don't know. I just stood on the stairway showing off my body to all the men so they can think this is what they'll get if they become a racing driving."

Don't get me wrong, I like to see scantily dressed women too, but there just seemed something wrong with those at the Formula 1. Maybe there were just too many of them, making it look so obviously "this is a man's sport, you women just stand there and look sexy."

I'd love to know what the not so "pretty, long legged, big boobs" women think of them.

So, apart from all that, it was one of the best races I've seen in a long time.

And to cap it all off, Alonso goes home in a tiff. He should cheer himself up by making another one of those stomach turning, nauseating financial adverts.

Looks like Mark hit a raw nerve. :lol:

http://msn.planetf1....-Have-A-No1-No2

I really dont blame Webber for that remark, esp when RBR have repeated theres no 1-2 drivers, and then go and do what they did. Horner cant keep his foot out of his mouth. :D

Hope Mark keeps winning. Best way to answer back.

Red Bull (the company) must be loving the extra exposure this year in F1, quite a few wins & poles, and the most amazing looking crash so far this season

Here is a quote from Vettel in a post race interview;

Q: When Mark Webber crossed the finish line he was heard saying, 'Not a bad job for a number two driver!' Did you notice that? And is the team spirit still good?

SV: I have my own opinion about that matter that I rather prefer to keep to myself and to focus on myself. I have made my experiences and, sometimes good or bad, you get to know people a little bit better and see their true faces. I think I have learned my lesson.

I think reading between the lines shows the "team" definitely has some personal issues between the drivers, even if they deny it.

Here is a quote from Vettel in a post race interview;

Q: When Mark Webber crossed the finish line he was heard saying, 'Not a bad job for a number two driver!' Did you notice that? And is the team spirit still good?

SV: I have my own opinion about that matter that I rather prefer to keep to myself and to focus on myself. I have made my experiences and, sometimes good or bad, you get to know people a little bit better and see their true faces. I think I have learned my lesson.

I think reading between the lines shows the "team" definitely has some personal issues between the drivers, even if they deny it.

agreed, but you dont have to read between the lines too much as hes stated he would rather keep it to himself. His body language and crazy finger gesture after the 2 RBR hit each other, told the story.

I used to like the guy but his prima donna antics makes me think hes a little snot that can drive :D