New Italian Restaurant On Soi Yume

aussiechick

Well, I finally made it to have a meal at La Bella Roma. Dario, the Italian owner and cook is friendly and helpful and his staff are also pleasant. La Bella Roma is like going to your Italian friends house and having an enjoyable meal and good conversation.

The menu has a selection of pasta, pizza and meat and fish dinners. You have a choice of either spaghetti, penne or rigatoni.

We both had bruschetta - tasty and fresh on thin sliced bread. (Baht 60)

Main course for me was amatriciana sauce with penne. delicious and filling (Baht140) actually didn't quite finish it!

My friend had a similiar dish but with mushrooms.

Bottle of white wine (Baht 650)

The food was fresh and flavoursome and really was "home-cooking".

I did note that there was Italian beer also on the drinks list - I think it was Baht 180.

If you live in the area a good place for a pleasant inexpensive evening. I did note that he is also doing pizza deliveries too!

Also still does English breakfast, sandwiches etc.

That last bit about doing English breakfasts killed it for me...any Italian resto doing stuff like that can't be taken seriously.

Why? Only English places allowed to have English breakfast? Can't diversify?

So any Italian restaurnat doing Thai food shouldn't be taken seriously then either!

That last bit about doing English breakfasts killed it for me...any Italian resto doing stuff like that can't be taken seriously.

I have to agree with you on this one.

What about Italian breakfast? Don't Italians eat breakfast?

Where on Soi Yume?

On the left hand side past "I Am International" and just before the turn to Pattaya Glang Plaza - where all the new shop houses go through to 3rd Road and the Kasikorn Bank with Mook Apartments above it. Any help?

syd - yes the white wine was chilled and very drinkable

Sigh..... another free plug for a mate.

endlessimage - if you bother to check out out all of my write ups it either means I have lots of mates or I am being paid!! I live here and I just put up what I think is good for all to know, whether restaurants, bars or football teams.

In fact the Italian is a spit away from my office so very convenient for me.

I am really getting sick of the attitude that there must be a reason (mate/money) - just accept the fact that I live here, this is my home and I want everyone else to be able to enjoy the place like I do - its good points and its bad points!!

In fact if you see my name do not open the thread - easy, that way you won't have to try to be a smarta**e and I want have to have a rant :)

Just don't go for the English breakfast for breakfast...as the place is not open in the morning !

As I was going to Carrefour this morning for some shopping, I decided to check out this place and what it has on offer. It's located maybe 200 meters up from Pattaya Klang on soi Yume (Carrefour). I was there about 10 o'clock and the place was shut-up tight.

Did see on the sign that the "Italian chef," beside his sideline in English breakfasts, does a line of Thai food as well. I can't wait to try this restaurant trifecta...as with most restos that try to be all things to all people, it probably does none of them too well :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

I have to agree with you on this one.

What about Italian breakfast? Don't Italians eat breakfast?

Most Italians eat only some sort of pastry with a cappuccino in the morning, the English breakfast makes more business sense. Wouldn't it be better to try the place than write it off out of sheer ignorance?

endlessimage - if you bother to check out out all of my write ups it either means I have lots of mates or I am being paid!! I live here and I just put up what I think is good for all to know, whether restaurants, bars or football teams.

In fact the Italian is a spit away from my office so very convenient for me.

I am really getting sick of the attitude that there must be a reason (mate/money) - just accept the fact that I live here, this is my home and I want everyone else to be able to enjoy the place like I do - its good points and its bad points!!

In fact if you see my name do not open the thread - easy, that way you won't have to try to be a smarta**e and I want have to have a rant :)

Yawn... I live here too and in general the standard of restaurant food is well below average. Unless of course your standards are very low. I'm yet to see you say anything bad about anywhere, but I stand to be corrected and if so offer my humble apologies. :D

Totally unnecessary comment, aussiechick posts as she finds, if it were anything other then mods would be aware of it.

I'm sorry but I'm not agree with u buddy,if we follow your logic, Italians can not cook English breakfast because are Italian and not English otherwise can not be taken seriously. So you shd not choose a nickname Farang Buddha,because Buddha is an Asian religion and you are Farang and not Asian, then you can not be taken seriously too if we follow your way.Or that rule is valid only for the Italians but not for you?If all of us think like you do .....poor world!!! I think anyone can choose to do what want without any problem of where came from buddy, I think you should go and try his food b4 to say somenthing good or bad either...and if it's shut on the moring time then go on the afternoon time

then or just keep enjoing your spare time taping silly ideology on your computer buddy!! Sawasdee krup Farang Buddha... :)

Totally unnecessary comment, aussiechick posts as she finds, if it were anything other then mods would be aware of it.

Is that so?I thought she found the place on 7 december last year already.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Place-Eat-Br...st-t320111.html

Exactly. But it appears only some of us are allowed to express opinions without being taken to task.

basjke:

--and if you read it you would have seen I talked about the breakfast and stated: "Will keep you posted when I have tried the other things on the menu and when the Italian food happens; but at the moment breakfast is good."

Now I have done that. Any other complaint? :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Place-Eat-Br...st-t320111.html

Exactly. But it appears only some of us are allowed to express opinions without being taken to task.

You are treading on dangerous ground there endlessimage... if you have a problem with moderation on the forum please take it up privately via PM with the moderator concerned, or email support(at)thaivisa.com.

Enough of the off-topic comments please.

Wow who would think it's so difficult to write about a good place to eat -!? I for one enjoy hearing about new places to try, and what their experiences were like.

Please don't let these paranoid types discourage you from posting again on new restaurants, AussieChick!

Who knows if it's a good place to eat. All we have so far is one person's opinion.

From what I could tell, it's a small shop-house affair...maybe even without air-con. I may give it a try again and hopefully, the owner will have got himself out of bed by mid-morning to attend to his business!

Wow who would think it's so difficult to write about a good place to eat -!? I for one enjoy hearing about new places to try, and what their experiences were like.

Please don't let these paranoid types discourage you from posting again on new restaurants, AussieChick!

Edited by FarangBuddha

Who knows if it's a good place to eat. All we have so far is one person's opinion.

From what I could tell, it's a small shop-house affair...maybe even without air-con. I may give it a try again and hopefully, the owner will have got himself out of bed by mid-morning to attend to his business!

There is no air conditioning - just fans. The place opens at lunch time.

There is no air conditioning - just fans. The place opens at lunch time.

So, an Italian restaurant serving English breakfasts but it doesn't open until lunch time.... :)

Actually lots of people, believe it or not, like to know the air-con status of a resto in Pattaya...a place where the temps are/will be near 100 degrees for the next few months . If there is a proper wood-burning pizza oven in there, you can count on maybe 110 degrees.

That is a hoot about serving breakfast...just not in the morning :) Maybe it's a comment on those that eat such breakfasts don't themselves manage to get out of bed till the afternoon.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Actually lots of people, believe it or not, like to know the air-con status of a resto in Pattaya...a place where the temps are/will be near 100 degrees for the next few months . If there is a proper wood-burning pizza oven in there, you can count on maybe 110 degrees.

That is a hoot about serving breakfast...just not in the morning :) Maybe it's a comment on those that eat such breakfasts don't themselves manage to get out of bed till the afternoon.

I always wondered what 'All day breakfast' meant. Thanks for answering this one! :D

Edited by smokie36